Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 4:07:26 AM EDT
Where to begin...

I got invited to an "old" friends wedding recently and I promptly threw the invitation in the trash... Apparently as a single gent im not allowed to bring a date b/c "I havent been dating someone for more then 3 months" -groom. His family pulled the same stunt for his brothers wedding which I did attend. His brother has become a much better friend over the years while the groom has continually drifted away. So I feel less obligated to attend, especially with the no date option...at his brothers reception me and my other single friends sat around and twittled are thumbs.

So anyway...

Yesterday i get a call from a girl thats a friend of mine, she wants me to go with her to the wedding as her date. I told her i hadn't planned on attending and I would let her know last night what i decide. Well I didnt call her last night and saw this as a good opportunity to ask ARF if i should fo with her. Shes young, hot, and kinda skanky... she also is a habitual liar and very devious I also did some research last night to see what the real deal was... her facebook indicates currently single, I called my other buddy to see if she had asked him the same (he also is not planning to attend), apparently im not her first choice. So knowing i was seconds, or thirds or... well you get the point. Should I fo? and under what circumstances? Ive got the upper hand at this point, I think
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:13:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Where to begin...

I got invited to an "old" friends wedding recently and I promptly threw the invitation in the trash... Apparently as a single gent im not allowed to bring a date b/c "I havent been dating someone for more then 3 months" -groom. His family pulled the same stunt for his brothers wedding which I did attend. His brother has become a much better friend over the years while the groom has continually drifted away. So I feel less obligated to attend, especially with the no date option...at his brothers reception me and my other single friends sat around and twittled are thumbs.

So anyway...

Yesterday i get a call from a girl thats a friend of mine, she wants me to go with her to the wedding as her date. I told her i hadn't planned on attending and I would let her know last night what i decide. Well I didnt call her last night and saw this as a good opportunity to ask ARF if i should fo with her. Shes young, hot, and kinda skanky... she also is a habitual liar and very devious I also did some research last night to see what the real deal was... her facebook indicates currently single, I called my other buddy to see if she had asked him the same (he also is not planning to attend), apparently im not her first choice. So knowing i was seconds, or thirds or... well you get the point. Should I fo? and under what circumstances? Ive got the upper hand at this point, I think

Of course you should go with her.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:15:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Fo, wrap it, tap it, SIIHPAPP, eject.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:16:17 AM EDT
[#3]
On the day of the wedding this is what you do

1..Grab a few pistols, a few rifles and some ammo

2..Go to range and shoot

3..Problem solved
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:27:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:30:13 AM EDT
[#5]
go and watch your 6.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:30:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

just dont forget to eject.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:43:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
On the day of the wedding this is what you do

1..Grab a few pistols, a few rifles and some ammo

2..Go to range and shoot

3..Problem solved

This.

And since you state you have an 'upper hand' in the scenario, you would be better off using your hand.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:45:18 AM EDT
[#8]
My vote is for the shooting option. I don't especially like weddings anyway and the unusual circumstances of this one make it a no fo.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:46:33 AM EDT
[#9]
my decision will be made at noon...im still weighing my options based on this thread...pics will be delivered!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:48:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Young and hot eh? I'm gonna go with SIIHPAPP.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:48:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Why did your friend's invitation allow her to bring a date but not your invitation?

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:49:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I called my other buddy to see if she had asked him the same (he also is not planning to attend), apparently im not her first choice.

Are you really that desperate?  Have you no pride?

Go shooting.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:50:42 AM EDT
[#13]
FO AND AAR IS A MUST!!!!!!! WITH PICS!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:52:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Spare yourself all this foolish low-brow drama and go shooting, who needs this sort of garbage in their life?  Go do something you enjoy and save your piece of mind...

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:55:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:59:00 AM EDT
[#16]
A skanky, habitual liar ?

What could go wrong ?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:59:59 AM EDT
[#17]
you should go ahead and attend, get obnoxiously drunk and ruin the wedding and make your date cry
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:00:43 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This

just dont forget to eject.

Wisdom is here on Arfcom. Believe it.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:03:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What could go wrong ?

Best analysis yet.  LOL
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:15:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Christ.   not enough details.

IS IT AN OPEN BAR?

in this lies your answer.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:16:08 AM EDT
[#21]
You have nothing to lose as long as you don't get too involved... FO and report back!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:17:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Where to begin...

So anyway...

No.  Find something else to do.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:21:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Where to begin...

So anyway...

So the grooms single friends can't bring dates, but single skanks can?  I'd say stick with your original plan and don't fo.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:31:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So the grooms single friends can't bring dates, but single skanks can?  I'd say stick with your original plan and don't fo.

she is a friend of the groom and was invited on her own as well... she just wants someone to go as her date since she cant bring someone in from the outside

and yes... Open Bar
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:37:20 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

and yes... Open Bar

Fo, and consume much of their beverage selection.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:40:52 AM EDT
[#26]

OPEN BAR DOOOODE!!!!!

ETA:  I'd go, drink, maybe dance a bit, and take the skakny chick in the coat closet.

Then I'd drink alot more, and call a cab.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:43:43 AM EDT
[#27]
I would not fo.  Open bar or no.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:44:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

and yes... Open Bar

This changes everything. Open bar is your priority target. Free to engage her ass/bridesmaid asses and other targets of opportunity.

What's the worst that could happen? Public humiliation, STD(s), arrest, no more invitations to that family's weddings? Pffft. Do it!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:47:18 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

you should go ahead and attend, get obnoxiously drunk and ruin the wedding and make your date cry

I want to party with you.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:48:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Too much fucking drama...

Who sends invites with rules and/or stipulations...?

Your "old friend" is a sackless pussy-whipped sissy who is already being led around by his "wife" (mommy) as evidenced by the so-called invitation...

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:49:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:52:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:53:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

What could go wrong ?

My questions exactly...
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:54:47 AM EDT
[#34]

shes young, hot, and kinda skanky... she also is a habitual liar and very devious
perfect wedding date
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:57:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I want to party with you.

I say either go for this angle, or just skip it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:00:03 AM EDT
[#36]
don't go, sounds like you are second fiddle
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:02:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Your "old friend" is a sackless pussy-whipped sissy who is already being led around by his "wife" (mommy) as evidenced by the so-called invitation...

LOL u just perfectly summed up his entire relationship with his SO
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:08:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

and yes... Open Bar

This changes everything. Open bar is your priority target. Free to engage her ass/bridesmaid asses and other targets of opportunity.

There is so much win here !!  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top