Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2009 3:43:22 PM EDT
Seattle one of the most Liberal Green Cities in the U.S. .Funny when your on the Freeway with 8 lanes of bumper to bumper traffic you look around and you see one person to every car !

It's just kind of funny how these people like to impose their will on the entire state .But do not practice what they preach .I hate Libs .I say mandatory car pool for big Cities ! .Flame Away !

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:48:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Wait, you mean they're not all riding the new multi-billion dollar Light Rail train?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Wait, you mean they're not all riding the new multi-billion dollar Light Rail train?

LOL!  That light rail is a waste of money.  An expensive lousy joke!  Anybody can see just how empty buses are between the morning and evening rush hours and yet they still built the light rail system expecting it to be full of passengers.  I had to pay $400 for my car tabs for a few years when Seattle was going to built the ridiculous mono rail system (they scrapped the plan).  Not a single stone was laid, and yet millions of dollars were spent for "business meetings".  They bought hundreds of businesses under "imminent domain" clause and when the mono rail was scrapped, the city didn't even give the old owners the chance to buy back their businesses.

Got to love how corrupt the libtards are.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:00:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL!  That light rail is a waste of money.  An expensive lousy joke!  Anybody can see just how empty buses are between the morning and evening rush hours and yet they still built the light rail system expecting it to be full of passengers.  I had to pay $400 for my car tabs for a few years when Seattle was going to built the ridiculous mono rail system (they scrapped the plan).  Not a single stone was laid, and yet millions of dollars were spent for "business meetings".  They bought hundreds of businesses under "imminent domain" clause and when the mono rail was scrapped, the city didn't even give the old owners the chance to buy back their businesses.

The voters asked for.............and got what they voted for.

Such is life.

Aloha, Mark

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The voters asked for.............and got what they voted for.

Such is life.

Aloha, Mark

Yep, and most of those voters are libtard King County / Seattle residence.  Some of the most corrupt, condescending, hollier than thou, hypocritical ass holes on earth - read the OP's comment.

You are in WA now?  I thought you're in Hawaii.  Funny I just met a guy who came from Hawaii last night - could he be you?  

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:19:39 AM EDT
[#5]
The monorail would have been a better idea than what they ended up building.  Monorails don't provide enough make-work union jobs so it was canceled.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:23:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Liberals love the idea of light rail, but don't actually want to use it.  Kind of like how they like the idea of soccer (international, egalitarian, and no appeal among dumb redneck working class Americans), but won't actually watch it because it's boring as hell.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:28:46 AM EDT
[#7]
"Why are they building Light Rail through the neighborhoods instead of like BART, attaching it to the freeways, in the right of ways, and interconnecting it to the TRANSPORTATION system?"

"Because its not a TRANSPORTATION system. Its a political compromise."

The answer I got when I asked that question to a high ranked Sound Tranist official. I was refreshed by the honesty, abhorred by the thievery.

And 1 per car aint shit. Watch the smelly hippies saunter across the road holding up 28 gas guzzlers. Back east they would be run over, out here smug enlightenment makes them emboldened.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:29:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I went by one of the stations for this light rail thing and there isn't even any parking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top