Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2009 2:28:08 PM EDT
And I JUST ate supper.  He was up on his podium with his nose in the air and that arrogant voice telling them how great cash for clunkers was, and it was "great for the environment".  I almost frigging threw up.  

Funny how he has to resort to addressing a small group of union thugs to get a sound bite now.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:30:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Sold alot of Toyotas

It was great

Top 10 cash for clunkers purchases

Toyota Corolla
Honda Civic
Ford Focus
Toyota Camry
Hyundai Elantra
Toyota Prius
Nissan Versa
Ford Escape FWD
Honda Fit
Honda CR-V AWD
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:31:07 PM EDT
[#2]

The labor union pandering by Obama makes me sick. What has Obama done to put Americans back to work? What's that brown stuff around Obama's nose and mouth?

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:31:12 PM EDT
[#3]
maybe he meant CFC was a success for them

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The labor union pandering by Obama makes me sick. What has Obama done to put Americans back to work? What's that brown stuff around Obama's nose and mouth?

Pigment?

TRG
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:36:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pigment?

TRG

I think he means the crusty stuff.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sold alot of Toyotas

It was great

Toyota Corolla
Honda Civic
Ford Focus
Toyota Camry
Hyundai Elantra
Toyota Prius
Nissan Versa
Ford Escape FWD
Honda Fit
Honda CR-V AWD

funny how GM isn't on that list.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Pigment?

TRG

I think he means the crusty stuff.

Cum pigment?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:43:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:53:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sold alot of Toyotas

It was great

Toyota Corolla
Honda Civic
Ford Focus
Toyota Camry
Hyundai Elantra
Toyota Prius
Nissan Versa
Ford Escape FWD
Honda Fit
Honda CR-V AWD

Is this list for real?  We might have another Glenn Beck/Michelle Malkin moment here.  In the video I saw, he states "the Chevy Cobalt that is made here was one of the top cars sold in the program" or something very close to it..........

Unreal.  Called a liar by a Congressman, fellow congresscritters want to censure the guy, Obama goes right out and blatantly lies again!
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:59:48 PM EDT
[#10]
yeah saw that as well. he is giving a speech at A&M in Texas this week for some thousand points of light crap. more of this shit all week
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 3:04:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sold alot of Toyotas

It was great

Toyota Corolla
Honda Civic
Ford Focus
Toyota Camry
Hyundai Elantra
Toyota Prius
Nissan Versa
Ford Escape FWD
Honda Fit
Honda CR-V AWD

Actually there are two lists circulating, Edmunds and the one above compiled from auto registrations by the goverment. It's interesting that the Edmunds list has the Ford F150 in the top 10 clunker purchases and only has two or three Asian cars.

Rank           DOT
 1.           Toyota Corolla                        
 2.           Ford Focus
 3.           Honda Civic
 4.           Toyota Prius
 5.           Toyota Camry
 6.           Hyundai Elantra
 7.           Ford Escape (FWD)
 8.           Dodge Caliber
 9.           Honda Fit
10.          Chevrolet Cobalt

Rank       Edmunds
 1.           Ford Escape
 2.           Ford Focus
 3.           Jeep Patriot
 4.           Dodge Caliber
 5.           Ford F-150
 6.           Honda Civic
 7.           Chevrolet Silverado
 8.           Chevrolet Cobalt
 9.           Toyota Corolla
10.           Ford Fusion

Source; Edmunds Get's It Wrong
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 3:40:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Ah yes, Toyota.  Originally Toyoda, which means "fertile rice paddies".  Until last year did not see a net loss since 1938.  Produced trucks and other vehicles, some of which may have helped kill your relatives, but lets not dwell on that.  May have also taken government subsidies from YOUR government long before GM took a bailout in the way of help by the US in rebuilding Japan's industries and infrastructure.  But lets not dwell on that.  How about Nissan nee Datsun?  Nissan Heavy Industries was a key player in WWII for Japan.  It's founder convicted of war crimes.  Mitsubishi?  Ever hear of the Zero fighter among many others?  The list goes on.  Suzuki, ect.  Ever wonder why any of the histories of these companies start after WWII when most were founded in the 30's?  Google them.  Not a word said about all of the weapons made in support of an army that killed millions of CIVILIANS in China alone.

But lets not dwell on that.  It was 64 years ago.  A long time.  Surely they've changed.  The war is over.

And every time you buy their products they've won.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 3:42:18 PM EDT
[#13]
The guy hasn't figured out that he has a job yet, he is still out there putting in applications.

GM
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 3:57:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ah yes, Toyota.  Originally Toyoda, which means "fertile rice paddies".  Until last year did not see a net loss since 1938.  Produced trucks and other vehicles, some of which may have helped kill your relatives, but lets not dwell on that.  May have also taken government subsidies from YOUR government long before GM took a bailout in the way of help by the US in rebuilding Japan's industries and infrastructure.  But lets not dwell on that.  How about Nissan nee Datsun?  Nissan Heavy Industries was a key player in WWII for Japan.  It's founder convicted of war crimes.  Mitsubishi?  Ever hear of the Zero fighter among many others?  The list goes on.  Suzuki, ect.  Ever wonder why any of the histories of these companies start after WWII when most were founded in the 30's?  Google them.  Not a word said about all of the weapons made in support of an army that killed millions of CIVILIANS in China alone.

But lets not dwell on that.  It was 64 years ago.  A long time.  Surely they've changed.  The war is over.

Historically, the way we handled Japan both pre, during, and post WWII is what America used to be all about.  We whupped their ass, then helped them back on their feet.  They rewarded us by becoming one of the most technically sound, peace loving, and productive people in the world.  The Japanese are an extremely admirable people to me.

As far as buying domestic cars - free market competition buddy.  Whoever makes the best car, that appeals to me, and cheapest, wins.  Spew your union protectionist propaganda elsewhere, you will find few fanboys here.  Want to sell more cars compared to Japan?  Make better cars, that are more appealing, cheaper.  Build a better product, and cut costs while keeping quality high.  The union says "we want MORE MORE MORE, then goes out and tries to guilt and bully people into buying American.  FUCKING HA HA HA.  Make a better more appealing vehicle cheaper and you won't have to resort to thug tactics.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:01:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Historically, the way we handled Japan both pre, during, and post WWII is what America used to be all about.  We whupped their ass, then helped them back on their feet.  They rewarded us by becoming one of the most technically sound, peace loving, and productive people in the world.  The Japanese are an extremely admirable people to me.

As far as buying domestic cars - free market competition buddy.  Whoever makes the best car, that appeals to me, and cheapest, wins.  Spew your union protectionist propaganda elsewhere, you will find few fanboys here.  Want to sell more cars compared to Japan?  Make better cars, that are more appealing, cheaper.  Build a better product, and cut costs while keeping quality high.  The union says "we want MORE MORE MORE, then goes out and tries to guilt and bully people into buying American.  FUCKING HA HA HA.  Make a better more appealing vehicle cheaper and you won't have to resort to thug tactics.

They just switched tactics and kicked our asses by using our own idiot people against us.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:28:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Liar !!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:29:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sold alot of Toyotas

It was great

Toyota Corolla
Honda Civic
Ford Focus
Toyota Camry
Hyundai Elantra
Toyota Prius
Nissan Versa
Ford Escape FWD
Honda Fit
Honda CR-V AWD

Funny...not a single damned Government Motors vehicle on the list.....

Who'da thunk it?!??!?!
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:33:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Let's see...buy Toyota products made here in America by red-blooded Americans, or buy Chevy products made by mexicans and union hacks that elect the most ardent anti-gun politicians this country has ever seen?  Wow, I can't decide...I guess it must be "anti-gun supporters FTMFW"
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:35:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sold alot of Toyotas

It was great

Toyota Corolla
Honda Civic
Ford Focus
Toyota Camry
Hyundai Elantra
Toyota Prius
Nissan Versa
Ford Escape FWD
Honda Fit
Honda CR-V AWD

Hmmm...funny, I don't see any GM or Chrysler vehicles on that list.  Didn't the government buyouts help at all?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:15:25 AM EDT
[#20]
After an email I received this morning talking about the costs of the CFC program I thought how the money could have been spent more wisely (I know there are hundreds). BHO himself promised (never happened) a $3k tax incentive for businesses to hire an additional employee.source Hypothetically speaking, if the $3b CFC money went for this BHO proposal (and don't tell me this is a tax incentive rather than forward stimulus money, just work with me), and every dollar was used... that would be 1 million jobs.
Not to mention that he came out against the dangers of debt and banks giving people incentives to pile it on, and consumers for doing it - in I think his 9/14 speech -seems like the CFC was right in line...
This speach to the unions has just made more more confused about where he stands

Just a thought I had. Maybe a bad one
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:19:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Let me tell ya...

Edmunds has been suspect for awhile.

I was trying to compare some numbers maybe a year or so ago, and they weren't adding up.

It would probably be fair to say that edmunds is not a reliable source of factual info.

With this comparison brought to light I'm pretty sure they're in the bag.

Quoted:

Actually there are two lists circulating, Edmunds and the one above compiled from auto registrations by the goverment. It's interesting that the Edmunds list has the Ford F150 in the top 10 clunker purchases and only has two or three Asian cars.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:33:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sold alot of Toyotas

It was great

Toyota Corolla
Honda Civic
Ford Focus
Toyota Camry
Hyundai Elantra
Toyota Prius
Nissan Versa
Ford Escape FWD
Honda Fit
Honda CR-V AWD

Is this list for real?  We might have another Glenn Beck/Michelle Malkin moment here.  In the video I saw, he states "the Chevy Cobalt that is made here was one of the top cars sold in the program" or something very close to it..........

Unreal.  Called a liar by a Congressman, fellow congresscritters want to censure the guy, Obama goes right out and blatantly lies again!

Easy now, you are starting to sound like a racist!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:51:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Do you work in the car industry?

I hope you don't drive a Mercedes, BMW or VW.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:57:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Let me tell ya...
Edmunds has been suspect for awhile.
I was trying to compare some numbers maybe a year or so ago, and they weren't adding up.

It would probably be fair to say that edmunds is not a reliable source of factual info.
With this comparison brought to light I'm pretty sure they're in the bag.

Quoted:

You think its wrong to go based on model vs. Model divided up by drive train?  Not buying it.  A 4WD F-150 and a 2WD F-150 are still both F-150s no matter how you want to spin it.

I know for a fact that the Caliber sold out several times during the offer.  One friend called 29 dealers who not only didn't have one, couldn't find one from MI to FLA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top