Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2002 7:11:08 PM EDT
Where can I get some nylon webbing for slings? I want 1.5" and 1.25" but my local army/navy surplus store only has the cotton stuff, which I settled for although I am still lookng for the good stuff!!  Any other ideas?

[beer]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Look in your local yellow pages for a Safety Equipment supplier.  Many of these outfits make all sorts of harnesses (fall protection), and other gear.  They will have buckles, adjuster slides, etc.  Go for the metal parts.  They will have good nylon webbing in various widths and colors.  Also try places that have supplies for skydivers.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 11:14:59 PM EDT
[#2]
You could try an outdoor store like REI.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 11:23:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Like Francisco (sp?  sorry....) said.  Look for a climbing/camping store.  I only carry slings (climbing slings, not rifle slings) up to one inch, but most stores have other sizes available.  www.rei.com should have a good selection.  I trust my fat ass on what the climbing companies produce, and AR should be no problem.

/rl
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 11:24:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You could try an outdoor store like REI.  
View Quote

I agree, REI or Mountain Community (or similar outdoor store) has the best climbing (and thus multi-purpose) nylon webbing around.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 6:45:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the ideas. We have a REI in Atlanta so I will have to pay them a visit.

Climber thanks for the offer on the 1" webbing but all of the clips and hardware I use is for 1.25" and 1.5"

[beer]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 7:17:10 AM EDT
[#6]
If you only want a little, go to a local fabric store and pay a higher price. You can order over the web from places like
[url]www.seattlefabrics.com[/url]

and

[url]www.louisagreen.com[/url]

If you are looking for the best price go to Louis A. Green. The only thing you might not like is, they have a minimum $25 order and they don't take credit cards yet. I've ordered spools of "550" cord, and lengths of flat webbing from them and am happy with the products and service.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top