Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/5/2009 11:26:53 AM EDT
UPDATE 2: Get active, there's an email link if you're too lazy to fax or telephone:

I know this has been brought up, but this is really important. Please call this number and vote no for AB962 and AB585. It only takes 2-3 minutes, if not less.

These laws only affect California, but I think those of you out of state can still get votes in.

Number:
916-445-2841

For AB962:

Step 1: Call the number in the subject
Step 2: Press 1 for English.
Step 3: Press 2 for commenting on a bill on the Governor’s desk
Step 4: Press 2 for AB962
Step 5: Press 2 for Oppose
Step 6: Repeat as necessary (preferably once or twice a day).

AB585:

Step 1: Call the number in the subject
Step 2: Press 1 for English.
Step 3: Press 2 for commenting on a bill on the Governor’s desk
Step 4: Press 3 for AB962
Step 5: Press 2 for Oppose
Step 6: Repeat as necessary (preferably once or twice a day).

Check this link to send an email to oppose these bills! Link

Don't let these laws pass... now is your chance to help out. It doesn't cost you anything but a few minutes of your time.

Tell your friends and family members to do the same.

Thanks for your time.

––––––––––––––––––––––––-
There's also a gun show ban (Senate Bill 585 (Leno)) coming up for a vote. Hit the phones and fax machines, Californians!

Sponsored by Assembly Member Kevin De Leon (D-45), AB962 would make it a crime to privately transfer more than 50 rounds of ammunition per month, even between family and friends, unless you are registered as a “handgun ammunition vendor” in the Department of Justice’s database.  Ammunition retailers would have to be licensed and store ammunition in such a manner that it would be inaccessible to purchasers.  The bill would also require that purchasers submit to fingerprinting, which would be kept in dealers' records and subject to inspection by the Department of Justice.  Lastly, mail order ammunition sales would be prohibited.

Last week, the Senate Appropriations Committee passed Assembly Bill 962 out of committee.  The bill will now move to the Senate floor for a vote very soon.

Link.

UPDATE, BAD NEWS: Assembly Bill 962 & Senate Bill 585 Pass in CA BAD NEWS!!!!

Both of these bills will likely be headed to the Governor’s desk for either his signature or veto. It is my recommendation that you contact Governor Schwarzenegger’s office to express your displeasure with these two measures. He can be reached at 916-445-2841
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 11:28:27 AM EDT
[#1]
would make it a crime to privately transfer more than 50 rounds of ammunition per month, even between family and friends, unless you are registered as a “handgun ammunition vendor”

LOL, good luck enforcing that one DOJ.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 11:37:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Does this mean more mail order ammo for us in Free States?
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 11:46:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 11:48:36 AM EDT
[#4]
CA has tried this multiple times. It hasn't worked yet, I doubt it will now.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 11:48:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I believe that this is also a preview for what may come to ALL of us...............
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 11:49:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Does this mean more mail order ammo for us in Free States?

Perhaps, but it is a high cost in the way of freedom.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 11:50:29 AM EDT
[#7]
If this passes, reloading should take off in CA.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If this passes, reloading should take off in CA.

You can bet Reno will be cleaned out of ammo on a regular basis if they make it really hard to get.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 12:02:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Fuck California...anyone who stays there gets what they deserve.  after they go completely belly-up and the Hollywoodies leave, they'll beg the profitable firearm and ammunition manufacturers to come to their state...
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 12:05:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Fuck California...anyone who stays there gets what they deserve.  after they go completely belly-up and the Hollywoodies leave, they'll beg the profitable firearm and ammunition manufacturers to come to their state...

No they won't.  Their presence in the House and Senate will spread the misery around.  As goes California, so goes the U.S..  Their laws will become your laws.  Democrat Presidents will bend to their will b/c of all the electoral votes.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 12:07:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No they won't.  Their presence in the House and Senate will spread the misery around.  As goes California, so goes the U.S..  Their laws will become your laws.  Democrat Presidents will bend to their will b/c of all the electoral votes.

Unfortunately this is the truth. Our only option is to move to Texas and secede. Will Texas take me? I promise if I had the choice I would have been born there!

Link Posted: 9/5/2009 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not true anymore...

California is the laughing stock of the United States....
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#13]
If this ever passes, check points will be set up on CA state boarders with dogs or chemical sniffers to control private transport, (smuggling), from AZ or NV.

It could very well pass this time.

Link Posted: 9/5/2009 12:17:30 PM EDT
[#14]
It really is a mental disorder.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 12:18:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If this ever passes, check points will be set up on CA state boarders with dogs or chemical sniffers to control private transport, (smuggling), from AZ or NV.

Are you kidding?  The state can't afford something like that.  I haven't even seen an agricultural inspector in almost 20 years.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 12:20:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Why would anyone ever need more than 50 rounds of ammo?
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 12:30:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Why would anyone ever need more than 50 rounds of ammo per second?

Fixed it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 12:34:10 PM EDT
[#18]
sounds more like a money making scheme.

So, if you are at the range with your dad, and you say, "Hey Pop, hand me that box of ammo", and it happens to be a 200round value pack, and there is an agent at the range... you get fined?

Stay classy, Cali.

And, whatever you do, stay there. Stop moving up here. Seriously.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you kidding? The state can't afford something like that. I haven't even seen an agricultural inspector in almost 20 years.

I-10  in Blythe is a Boarder Patrol \ CHP \ Truck \ Agricultural inspection.

And if sufficiant quantaties of ammo are being smuggled, they, (CA), will find the money.

Ever noticed the radiation \ gamma ray detectors at truck stops? Simple technology.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 12:40:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Good, maybe the war on ammo can be as "successful" as the war on drugs.  Then I can buy ammo on any street corner for half the price I'm paying now.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 12:52:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Up for carpooling to all the shops around the area, Doc?

Link Posted: 9/5/2009 12:53:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

The answer is simple. The military will have to blockade all trade and immigration with California until their nutty laws are rescinded. Not like there's anything to MISS from California... I think we can do without tainted food picked by mexicans and Hollywood's garbage for a year or two while we starve out the legislature.

Link Posted: 9/5/2009 12:55:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good, maybe the war on ammo can be as "successful" as the war on drugs.  Then I can buy ammo on any street corner for half the price I'm paying now.

I was going to post that same thing.  I have never heard of a junky not being able get his/her fix but there are times when my local wal mart doesn't have 10mm ammo.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't think that the general population cares that much, do they?
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 12:58:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I believe that this is also a preview for what may come to ALL of us...............

Doubt it. The backlash that would result in the passing of such a law nationwide would be the end of the Democratic party. I don't care what happens in California. That place is far too gone to salvage and needs to implode for its own good and the good of the nation.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 12:58:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Lovely
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#27]
I've given up on CA.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 1:00:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I've given up on CA.

they've tried to do it for quite awhile though, still hasn't happened
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 1:02:46 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why would anyone ever need more than 50 rounds of ammo per second?

Fixed it.

LOL, Nice Save.

Link Posted: 9/5/2009 1:04:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

piss off, this place is damned beautiful, just that the people in power aint.

Link Posted: 9/5/2009 1:06:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

So, if you are at the range with your dad, and you say, "Hey Pop, hand me that box of ammo", and it happens to be a 200round value pack, and there is an agent at the range... you get fined?

Stay classy, Cali.

Yeah, theres "agents" at the gun ranges.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 1:09:08 PM EDT
[#32]
I really don't see this getting too far. The Calguns Foundation and the Second Amendment Foundation has a great  tradition in slapping these things around.
I am curious about the gun show ban, since (IIRC) one of the Sons of Heller incorporation cases specifically dealt with a gun show ban.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

piss off, this place is damned beautiful, just that the people in power aint.

Yep, if all the liberals would move out (of the country, preferably) it would be a great state.

Link Posted: 9/5/2009 1:24:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stay classy, Cali.

This is not outside the realm of probability.

And snitches abound.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 1:29:02 PM EDT
[#35]
All you nay sayers, remember that wacky law about the gun imprinting ID info about the gun on every cartridge case that it fired?

Remember saying, "That's just TOO stupid! There's no way they would ever pass a turkey like that."
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 1:32:15 PM EDT
[#36]
No more than 50 rnds (one fucking box) of ammo a month??

Good times for CA.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 1:33:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
All you nay sayers, remember that wacky law about the gun imprinting ID info about the gun on every cartridge case that it fired?

Remember saying, "That's just TOO stupid! There's no way they would ever pass a turkey like that."

It was a Republican governor that signed it, and the company that lobbied for the law is the same company that owns the patents on the technology.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 1:35:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

wait... that shit happened? What the fuck did I miss...
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 1:40:11 PM EDT
[#39]
If folks stay diligent, they should be able to aquire 600 rnds per year. Not exactly SHTF material, but hey........it's for the children.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 1:59:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I believe that you are full of crap. Ain't gonna happen in my neck-o-the-dirt.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 2:12:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

wait... that shit happened? What the fuck did I miss...

Eternal vigilance, pal.

Microstamping legislation was passed in California (AB 1471), signed into law on October 14, 2007, and will be mandatory starting in 2010. Law enforcement is specifically exempted.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 2:12:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe that you are full of crap. Ain't gonna happen in my neck-o-the-dirt.

Did your state vote for Maobama?
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 2:14:59 PM EDT
[#43]
hell, I just traded a pair of army boots for 50 rounds of chinese steel core 7.62.  Like 15 minutes ago.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 2:26:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Ammo control moving forward in California

The governator will sign it. The Kennedy Cunt has his tiny peenie by the short hairs.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 2:29:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stay classy, Cali.

I got news for you. About 18 months ago, before I moved out, I was checked by a CHP officer at a gun range. I was shooting a Beretta 92F and had several 15 rd. mags. This was after the ban on 10+ rd mags. I think it was called the Sunnyvale Gun Club, down by a reservoir. I had had the weapon since 1986 and was fine, but they damn sure checked.
I have had friends checked as well when shooting AR's.
Just another reason I left the place.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 2:41:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stay classy, Cali.

I got news for you. About 18 months ago, before I moved out, I was checked by a CHP officer at a gun range. I was shooting a Beretta 92F and had several 15 rd. mags. This was after the ban on 10+ rd mags. I think it was called the Sunnyvale Gun Club, down by a reservoir. I had had the weapon since 1986 and was fine, but they damn sure checked.

This image is not directed at you, GaCracker:

Link Posted: 9/5/2009 2:50:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was a Republican governor that signed it, and the company that lobbied for the law is the same company that owns the patents on the technology.

The circumstances don't mean shit!

What I'm trying to say is the damn law came up and we laughed our asses off at the very thought of something so stupid actually getting signed and yet it DID!

And yet here we are again (probably the same people) laughing at another stupid law, saying it will never happen.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 3:05:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stay classy, Cali.

All I can say is its never happened to me. I shoot quite a bit, too. I have a 92f w/15 rnd mags too.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 3:08:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The circumstances don't mean shit!

What I'm trying to say is the damn law came up and we laughed our asses off at the very thought of something so stupid actually getting signed and yet it DID!

And yet here we are again (probably the same people) laughing at another stupid law, saying it will never happen.

Sadly, most on here think that California has some nationwide powers on gun laws.

Link Posted: 9/5/2009 3:14:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He speaks the truth.

This is not just one senator trying this, it is the VPC and others.   If they suceed, they WILL bring it to your state next.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top