Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2002 3:03:06 PM EDT
Hey guys,
   Just picked up a RRA 6 posistion Stock. 75 bucks, and the darn thing rattles. I didn't think it was to bad, untill I installed it. It rattles pretty bad when opened, and all the way closed. Is there anything I can do to correct this? Its REALLY annoying. I may just have to trade it for an A2 stock, even though its going on a soon to be M4gery. I'd really like to get rid of this rattle... Any Suggestions?

-Jared
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 3:12:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Why didn't you get a fiberite?
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Why didn't you get a fiberite?
View Quote

Because I like the look of the newer 6 posistion, and didn't know any better.

-Jared
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 3:39:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Rattling sucks.  Sometimes you can add tape or something to the tube to cushion the sound, or if you're real handy, a thin plastic sleeve might work.

Consider that some people like the A1 stock, which is about an inch shorter than the A2- and allows for a closer position on the rifle.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Just a guess, but maybe a thin strip of sticky Velcro between the tube and stock would help cushion the two.  (Just the pile strip, of course.)  Don’t know if there’s quite enough room to do this.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top