Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2009 3:47:26 PM EDT
They're not in stock at midway.  Are there any other places?

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:49:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:51:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Wolfe
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:57:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

sorry, but replacing them isn't going to improve the trigger pull none. been there and done that.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:00:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

sorry, but replacing them isn't going to improve the trigger pull none. been there and done that.

Nonsense.

Replacing the Hammer Spring made a huge difference on mine.   I went with several different springs and then trimmed coils until just to the point where the quality of the primer hit was starting to be reduced (looking more like a GLOCK).   Made a heck of a difference.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well there appear to be a lot of people who would disagree with you.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:02:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nonsense.

Replacing the Hammer Spring made a huge difference on mine.   I went with several different springs and then trimmed coils until just to the point where the quality of the primer hit was starting to be reduced (looking more like a GLOCK).   Made a heck of a difference.

What'd you settle with?

Also, an extra power recoil spring is going to reduce the recoil, not enhance it, right?

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:11:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nonsense.

What'd you settle with?

Also, an extra power recoil spring is going to reduce the recoil, not enhance it, right?

The lowest power spring didn't reliably set off the primers on milspect stuff every shot.   So I used the next up from that, and cut off 3 or 4 coils.  

Extra power recoils spring = less  recoil, harder to rack the slid, more force to the collision of the slide to the beach on chambering a round.   They'll give you a higher power firing pin spring to offset the extra inertia –– try and keep you from having chain fires.   Its a pain to change, but I did.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:20:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nonsense.

What'd you settle with?

The lowest power spring didn't reliably set off the primers on milspect stuff every shot.   So I used the next up from that, and cut off 3 or 4 coils.  

Extra power recoils spring = less  recoil, harder to rack the slid, more force to the collision of the slide to the beach on chambering a round.   They'll give you a higher power firing pin spring to offset the extra inertia –– try and keep you from having chain fires.   Its a pain to change, but I did.  

Excellent, thanks.  This is my dad's gun, hes got neuropathy so I'm trying to make this easier for him to shoot.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Originally Posted By Fourays2

Nonsense.

+1.  Made a huge difference in my PA-63's and my P64's.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:28:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nonsense.

What'd you settle with?

Excellent, thanks.  This is my dad's gun, hes got neuropathy so I'm trying to make this easier for him to shoot.

Hope it works.   Buy two or three of the "next one up" from the lowest power hammer spring.   Then you can experiment with cutting coils.   If you're comfortable with a full strip of the pistol,  a good fine polish of the double action hammer spur (pivot spring part on front of hammer) does wonders.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:38:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I got the power pack from WOLF springs.  Google it, their site will come up.  The PA63 is under FEG.  I got the 15LB recoil spring. I changed out the firing pin spring. I don't think it's necessary but I did it anyway. The firing pin has to be raised to fire anyhow. As to it droping after it firing, ya got me on that one, I don't know if it does.  I changed out my hammer spring with a 9LB spring just to see how it would do. It fires Silver Bear just fine.  Some others have complained about the lighter springs lighting off certain types of ammo but I haven't had an issue. I still have the 11 and 13LB springs laying around somewhere just in case.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top