Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2009 7:51:47 PM EDT
Interesting combination of flavors.  You can definitely tell it has a higher alcohol content (10.3% ABV.)  Wife's remark was that it "tries too hard."  Not bad.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 7:52:27 PM EDT
[#1]
that's racist!
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 7:55:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

that's racist!

You mean to imply that it's not Professor Gates' beer of choice?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 7:57:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it thick with a salty after taste like the Beau Breedlove Creamy Ale

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 7:59:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Did the Sam Adams tour in Boston early this year.  They gave us a pitcher of Imperial White at the end, and it was just me and my friend there.  Loved it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:04:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that's racist!

You mean to imply that it's not Professor Gates' beer of choice?
You made me snort green tea...

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:56:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Love Sam Adams, not a fan of the Imperials. "Recklessly hopped" is an understatement. I love hoppy beers, but it's too much. Not tasting flavour with it, just the bitter. The Imperial Hallertau is even worse.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:23:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Love Sam Adams, not a fan of the Imperials. "Recklessly hopped" is an understatement. I love hoppy beers, but it's too much. Not tasting flavour with it, just the bitter. The Imperial Hallertau is even worse.

They are unique and most of their imperials I find enjoyable for what they are.  Not sure that I'd call any of them "recklessly hopped".   They are hopped appropriately for their style / design.    If anyone is that put off by the amount of hops, I suggest you stay away from Dogfish Head's 120 minute IPA, and probably the 90 minute also.  

Lots of unique, crafted beers out there.  I enjoy trying them all, though some I don't like enough to ever "crave" or buy again.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:25:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I had a Summer Ale the other night that was a bit much.

How is their Scotch Ale?

ETA: The first beer I ever had was an Oskar Blue's Scottish Style Ale, so I think I'm pretty ruined.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top