Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2002 4:38:31 PM EDT
The Palestinian terrorists have brought equal opportunity to what had heretofore been a job pretty much handled by men - attempted mass murder of Israeli civilians by bombs.

Israeli officials have not yet called her a 'suicide bomber', since they are still studying the evidence, and it may be that the bomb went off prematurely rather than being detonated on purpose.

[size=4]Palestinian Woman Bomber Strikes in Jerusalem[/size=4]
Sun Jan 27, 1:44 PM ET  By Jeffrey Heller

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - An attacker police suspected was a Palestinian woman detonated explosives in Jerusalem's main shopping street on Sunday, killing herself and an elderly Israeli and wounding dozens, Israeli police said.

The blast on Jaffa Road was the third attack on an Israeli city center in less than a week and raised the specter of fresh Israeli retaliation.

It was also likely to increase Israeli and U.S. pressure on Palestinian President Yasser Arafat to do more to rein in militants behind the mounting wave of bloodshed.

Israeli police said the bomber and an 81-year-old Israeli man were killed, but the circumstances of the attack were not immediately clear.

"We are not calling her a suicide bomber, just a bomber. She is not an innocent bystander. There is a host of possibilities regarding how the bomb went off," police spokesman Gil Kleiman said. He said they suspected she was a Palestinian.

It was the first time a female bomber has carried out a fatal bomb attack in Israel during the 16-month old Palestinian uprising against Israeli occupation.

"We've had intelligence warnings on woman suicide attackers, albeit not recently," Deputy Public Security Minister Gideon Ezra told Reuters.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility.

CYCLE OF RETRIBUTION

The Palestinian Authority condemned the attack. In a statement, it called on the United States, which last week postponed a truce mission by its envoy Anthony Zinni, to send him back to the region without delay.

Two days ago a Palestinian suicide bomber killed himself and wounded 25 people in Tel Aviv. Last Tuesday, a Palestinian gunman killed [b]two Israeli women[/b] on Jaffa Road, near the scene of Sunday's bombing. Police shot him dead.

Voicing criticism of Arafat after Friday's blast, President Bush told reporters: "I am disappointed in Yasser Arafat. He must make a full effort to rout out terror in the Middle East."

Sunday's explosion occurred near the Sbarro pizzeria where a Palestinian suicide bomber killed 16 in August.

Asked about Israeli retaliation, Dore Gold, an adviser to Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, said: "The military will bring its recommendations for the approval of the political echelon."

Israeli jets fired missiles on Friday at Palestinian security targets in the West Bank and Gaza, wounding two Palestinians in retaliation for Friday's suicide bombing attack. And an Israeli missile strike on Thursday followed the shooting attack that killed the two Israeli women.

See remainder of article at:[url]
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20020127/ts_nm/mideast_dc_4&printer=1[/url]

Eric The(HowLong,OLord?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 4:40:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Dude, I'm not a big fan of the Isrealis, but I think it's time for them to start dissappearing Palestinians.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 4:52:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Those women are batting for the wrong team.  Would you put your life on the line to further the power of a belief system that made your gender an inferior?  I guess when Arafat convinces you that your identity is in peril, people are capable of the most heinous acts.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 5:02:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

CYCLE OF RETRIBUTION

View Quote

Oh, I guess it will go on for some time!  Much longer than the Hatfield and McCoy fracas! [:P]

DaMan
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 5:06:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Now if only it came out that she once had an abortion:

The NOW gang would make a martyr of her.

Jay
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 5:18:45 PM EDT
[#5]
so....the hesbolah are now equal opportunity employers?
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 9:28:12 AM EDT
[#6]
So now this gal's going to heaven, and Allah, in all his wisdom, will give her 70 male virgins.

== INSERT OH-SO-OBVIOUS HUMORS HERE ==
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 10:48:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So now this gal's going to heaven, and Allah, in all his wisdom, will give her 70 male virgins.

== INSERT OH-SO-OBVIOUS HUMORS HERE ==
View Quote

That, or she's a big time lezbo looking forward to 70 female virgins
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 11:14:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Post from Javak -
View Quote

I once suggested as much to a Muslim friend of mine and almost got snatched baldheaded!

I asked him if it was certain that if you led a chaste and righteous life in this world, and you died a righteous death, in Paradise, would you be given a [i][b]'harem'[/b][/i] filled with beautiful virgins who would be at your sexual mercy?

'Yes, that is so, my infidel friend!'

Well, if you are a righteous woman and live a chaste and righteous life in this world, and die a righteous death, in Paradise, would you be given a stable of handsome young men with whom you could cavort?

'Oh blasphemy, wicked one', covering his ears, 'that is not what women desire!'

Well, maybe not your women, but I could give you a pretty lengthy list of women who would!

I followed it up by explaining that when the same question was posed to Jesus, concerning marriage in the next world, He chided them and informed them that in the next world there would be neither male nor female, neither marriage, nor giving in marriage!

Eric The(NeitherGentileNorJew,Either!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 12:45:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
... [Jesus] chided them and informed them that in the next world there would be neither male nor female, neither marriage, nor giving in marriage!

Eric The(NeitherGentileNorJew,Either!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

So heaven would be like a big Benetton ad?

Funny you should mention an asexual paradise.  GarandMan might just pop a blood vessel over this.
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,44102,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 12:55:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Funny you should mention an asexual paradise.  GarandMan might just pop a blood vessel over this.
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,44102,00.html[/url]
View Quote

I work in Grand Rapids.  I guess I'll reference this side of the state as the "mostly" conservative western michigan from now on...

wannabe
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 1:01:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, it appears the Palestinians have upped the ante here, and the Israelis will respond with increased scrutiny of women and others formerly viewed with less suspicion.  It will make the day-to-day life of all involved more tense.  Regardless if she was just transporting the bomb or was the bomber, the lesson has been learned. The Israelis learn very quickly!
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 1:08:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Does anybody know how the Palestinian birth rate compares with the Palestinian bomber suicide rate?  Seems to me they're going to extinct themselves eventually.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 1:14:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

CYCLE OF RETRIBUTION

View Quote

Oh, I guess it will go on for some time!  Much longer than the Hatfield and McCoy fracas! [:P]

DaMan
View Quote

In my opinion the "how long" will be measured by how long the United States will blindly support Israel.

(In some other place and at some other time we can debate whether such support is correct.)

Link Posted: 1/28/2002 1:34:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Post from 5subslr5 -
In my opinion the "how long" will be measured by how long the United States will [u]blindly[/u] support Israel.
View Quote

'Blindly'? So if we knew the 'truth' and could see 'clearly' we would abandon Israel in a New York minute?

Strange, how blind [u]all[/u] of the Americans have been since 1948.

Well, there have been a 'few' Americans who could see through the Israeli threat to our safety and security, but I don't think anyone here wants to emulate George Lincoln Rockwell.

But if we abandoned our commitment to Israel, that alone would stop the bloodshed?

No, I believe that it would only begin the bloodshed, and what unbelievable bloodshed there would be, if history is any indication.

Eric The(OyVay!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 1:36:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

~snip~

In my opinion the "how long" will be measured by how long the United States will blindly support Israel.

~snip~

View Quote

Maybe there is the need that someone (read USA) blindly supports Israel until there is someone else (Iran, Iraq, EU to mention someone) that blindly supports Arafat...

From Ha'aretz of today:
23:42 Israel Time
[b]EU expresses support for Arafat; U.S. keeps pressure on PA[/b]

[url]http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=122910&contrassID=1&subContrassID=0&sbSubContrassID=0[/url]

I don't feel ashamed to be European. I feel ashamed that there are some special kind of Europeans, supplied of very short memory, that forgot what Europe did to the Jews...

Shalom...

Link Posted: 1/28/2002 1:44:33 PM EDT
[#16]
And Furthermore, this last statement is an insult to all the victims of the terrorism in Israel:

"Officials said Spanish Foreign Minister Josep Pique, whose country holds the EU's rotating presidency, will write a letter to Foreign Minister Shimon Peres detailing the estimated 20-million-euro ($17.2 million) damage done to projects funded by the EU and announcing that the EU is considering suing Israel for compensation for the damage. Pique will write that Israel requested that European countries invest in infrastructure projects for the Palestinians which it is now destroying. "

How much money for lives and property, for social, medical expences shoudl ask Israeli citizien to mr. Yasser Arafat and to the people that are supplying him and terrorists organization with explosive and firearms?
How much the life of a Jew worth?
In this forum I saw a lot of time people complaining bout the habit of the Jews to ask refunds. Anyone can tell me if the EU chairman is also a Jew? I don't think.
"Pecunia non olet" (Money doesn't stink), folks. And this is valid for jews, goyim, Israelis, Americans, Europeans...

see you...
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

~snip~

~snip~

View Quote

Maybe there is the need that someone (read USA) blindly supports Israel until there is someone else (Iran, Iraq, EU to mention someone) that blindly supports Arafat...

From Ha'aretz of today:
23:42 Israel Time
[b]EU expresses support for Arafat; U.S. keeps pressure on PA[/b]

[url]http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=122910&contrassID=1&subContrassID=0&sbSubContrassID=0[/url]

I don't feel ashamed to be European. I feel ashamed that there are some special kind of Europeans, supplied of very short memory, that forgot what Europe did to the Jews...

Shalom...

View Quote

Paolo,
you are right again.  Neither the Palestinians (Arafat) nor Israel should be blindly supported.

Sorry.

I'm not sure what you mean by your "I don't feel ashamed to be.........." comment ???
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 1:50:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
'Blindly'? So if we knew the 'truth' and could see 'clearly' we would abandon Israel in a New York minute?

Eric The(OyVay!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Eric,
your arguments of diversion and insertion of your words that you attribute to another don't work with me.

I actually read many of your posts and replies to the posts of others.
My friend you have a pattern.

[:D]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 1:54:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

How much the life of a Jew worth?

see you...
View Quote

Exactly the same as my life.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 1:57:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Paolo,
you are right again.  Neither the Palestinians (Arafat) nor Israel should be blindly supported.

Sorry.

I'm not sure what you mean by your "I don't feel ashamed to be.........." comment ???
View Quote

Oh... it's to delete a very frequent italian habit, especially when somebody in this last time is supporting USA (see Afghanistan) in Italy, there is someone else that starts a statement like: "I am ashamed to be Italian because... blah blah blah... we are blindly supporting USA... blah blah blah... no with terrorists no with USA... blah blah blah"... It's autolesionism. I wanted to avoid autolesionism, and I am proud of the job that Europe is doing to became something else that a bunch of nations that fight against others, but I don't forget to doubt and to criticize everyone when he/she does something I think is wrong... Europeans, Americans, Israelis. Hope this can help, my friend...
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 2:02:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Eric,
your arguments of diversion and insertion of your words that you attribute to another don't work with me.
View Quote

Then why the use of the term 'blindly'? Couldn't you just have said what you meant without throwing in the mix 'blindly.'
I actually read many of your posts and replies to the posts of others.
View Quote

As I read yours.
My friend you have a pattern.
View Quote

It's called 'style.' [:D]

Eric The(Or Maybe'Pizzazz')Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 2:10:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It's called 'style.' [:D]

Eric The(Or Maybe'Pizzazz')Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

At best it would be called 'a' style.

(Eric The (or Maybe Pizza) Hun)

[:D]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 2:19:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Originally Posted By 5subslr5

View Quote

Oh... it's to delete a very frequent Italian habit, especially when somebody in this last time is supporting USA (see Afghanistan) in Italy, there is someone else that starts a statement like: "I am ashamed to be Italian because... blah blah blah... we are blindly supporting USA... blah blah blah... no with terrorists no with USA... blah blah blah"... It's autolesionism. I wanted to avoid autolesionism, and I am proud of the job that Europe is doing to became something else that a bunch of nations that fight against others, but I don't forget to doubt and to criticize everyone when he/she does something I think is wrong... Europeans, Americans, Israelis. Hope this can help, my friend...
View Quote

Now I understand.

(Perhaps one day we might discuss the fact that with regards to Israel and the Palestinians our present policies do not seem to have worked.
Were we running a business and our business was failing I believe we would change those things causing our failure.
Probably any such discussion - if it is to be meaningful - must be 'Hunless' !  [:D])
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 2:30:50 PM EDT
[#24]
If anyone knows their history, they would know that women played a big part in the French/Algerian war (1954-62). In case you're unfamiliar with it, the women were huge assets in surveilance, bombings, and outright battles.  

Not to mention, they were pretty sick too.
[url]http://coke.rotten.com/french-algeria/[/url]
Now, my class was told that these were two men that visited a whore house and were beheaded....twice .... by the hookers themselves.  This pic was in one of the books I did research in and fortunately found it on a pretty sick site.  

Don't laugh off the women, they're far more dangerous than anyone realizes, especially since they don't have the rag head look of their masters.  (Persian women can have blonde hair/blue eyes...etc)
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 2:41:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I feel ashamed that there are some special kind of Europeans, supplied of very short memory, that forgot what Europe did to the Jews...

Shalom...

View Quote

Paolo, what the hell are you ranting about?  Honestly, who in their right mind cares about what happened 50 years ago, when now talking about Israeli/Palestinian agression?  
Oooooh, the poor Jews, which happens to have one of the most disciplined and militarized citizenry on earth...lets feed their love of guilt by whipping ourselves for another 50 years!  
Do you hear the Japanese complaining for glowing for dozens of years?  Do you hear them telling the world not to forget? OR EVEN BETTER YET....claiming that the word holocaust doesn't apply to anyone that is a non-jew?  PLEASE!  I only pity the poor (in a cultural sense) bastards because they have to live in the toilet bowl of the world, lucky they have plenty of rags to wipe their asses with.

Link Posted: 1/28/2002 2:42:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Post from 5subslr5 -
Probably any such discussion - if it is to be meaningful - must be 'Hunless' ! )
View Quote

[b]Good luck![/b] [:D]

Or as my friend Paolo would say: [i][b]Buona fortuna[/b][/i]!

Eric The(NotSoFastTherePodnuh!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 2:50:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

CYCLE OF RETRIBUTION

View Quote

DaMan
View Quote

I think we should stop using the terms "cycle of violence" or "cycle of retribution". These phrases imply that there is some tit for tat going on; that there is some moral equivalence between the terrorist bombings and the Israeli responses. There is no equivalence. The bombers (and shooters) target women & children & hapless pedestrians hoping to spread terror. The Israelis respond against PA and Hamas soldiers and leadership hoping to discourage their predations.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 2:54:12 PM EDT
[#28]
I personally don't understand what the big hoopla is about a girl blowing themselves up. How many women and children blew themselves up trying to kill our troops in Vietnam?

Obviously the women over there aren't doing it in the droves, but maybe this one was particularly affected by some Israeli act. Maybe her brother or a friend has been killed in the conflict.

At any rate, it's one less terrorist or terrorist sympathizer.[grenade]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 4:24:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
~snip~

Obviously the women over there aren't doing it in the droves, but maybe this one was particularly affected by some Israeli act. Maybe her brother or a friend has been killed in the conflict.

~snip~
.[grenade]
View Quote

Maybe Usama Bin Laden was pissed off by some american presence in Saudi Arabia...

C'mon...
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 4:31:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Paolo, what the hell are you ranting about?  Honestly, who in their right mind cares about what happened 50 years ago, when now talking about Israeli/Palestinian agression?  
Oooooh, the poor Jews, which happens to have one of the most disciplined and militarized citizenry on earth...lets feed their love of guilt by whipping ourselves for another 50 years!

View Quote

Who forget is doomed to repeat the history...

Do you hear the Japanese complaining for glowing for dozens of years?  Do you hear them telling the world not to forget? OR EVEN BETTER YET....claiming that the word holocaust doesn't apply to anyone that is a non-jew?  PLEASE!  I only pity the poor (in a cultural sense) bastards because they have to live in the toilet bowl of the world, lucky they have plenty of rags to wipe their asses with.

View Quote

Yes... I heard from them.
One japanese buddhist leader said that anyone that use atomic weapon against people should be sentenced to death (!), even if the buddhist teachings are against death penalty.
And the Japanese government, unlikely of what the German did, has still to apologize for the atrocities committed against Asian people and the Allied POWs.

Change example...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top