Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 10:48:41 PM EDT
WTF??  This was not anywhere in the press?   WTF is going on in this freakin country?

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/11951

"Protesters that were part of an angry mob that included many ACORN supporters nearly knocked New York state Sen. James Alesi, a Republican, down on the floor and spat in the face of his chief of staff, according to reports.

The protesters were reportedly upset that two Democratic senators decided to caucus with Republicans, a move that when finalized by the state Senate would hand Republicans control of it. Majority Democrats have shut down the chamber to prevent the transfer of power.

Meanwhile, Pennsylvania state Rep. Stephen Barrar, a Republican, is circulating a petition calling on his state’s attorney general to investigate ACORN."
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:53:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't suppose there is anyway to use RICO laws to shut them down for good?

A man can dream...
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:55:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I don't suppose there is anyway to use RICO laws to shut them down for good?

A man can dream...

They should be shut down by RICO, but that would require action by a US Attorney.  That ain't going to happen on Eric Holder's watch.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:58:45 PM EDT
[#3]
RICO laws? what is this batman?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:00:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

RICO laws? what is this batman?

Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act
ETA:
It would only require ACORN to have done any two of the following for it to stick:

Under the law, racketeering activity means:

I bet with a little digging it wouldn't be hard to nail them on just two of those.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:02:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I know man , it was a joke, In the last batman movie they used Rico law to convited all the mob.  I guess you need to see it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:03:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 2:23:37 AM EDT
[#7]

ACORN members should get free rides on the SSS Express. I bet their attitudes change real fucking quick when they realize nobody is going to put up with their shit any more.

sw1217

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 4:53:24 AM EDT
[#8]
<Sarcasm>

Hey man, chill out, it's all good. A cracka got his ass handed to him when he tried to disenfranchise our political action committee. We're not going to be disenfranchised any more. We sill storm the assembly houses in order for our voices to be heard. We have been oppressed and left out for far to long. It's our time now. It's our time to run things. Whitey's time has come and gone.

</Sarcasm>

Get used to it. Certain groups are prone to violence.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 5:01:46 AM EDT
[#9]
As I understand it, one of the two NY Senators 9the guy who beat up his girlfriend) has since gone back the the Democrats, so the NYS Senate is kind of deadlocked right now.

Which is just fine with me.

-K
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 5:02:28 AM EDT
[#10]
pretty much anyone can have Rico charges thrown at them if the right party wants to do it...trust me I know all to well.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 5:47:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Fuck ACORN, communist pieces of shit that they are.

Judicious application of an ax handle will fix ANY ACORN member's attitude problem, I promise you.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 7:17:39 AM EDT
[#12]
The unofficial militant wing of the establishment strikes again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top