Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 6:44:07 PM EDT
I just found out that they offer free Symantec Anti-Virus Corporate and Office 2007 for free to employees

Very cool.

Of course it is my responsibility to remove the software from my computer if I were to ever leave the company, because you know they still own the software and all.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:57:31 PM EDT
[#1]
All companies that have a Microsoft Enterprise Agreement with Software Assurance can do the same thing for their employees.

They even have an employee purchase program, where you can buy the media and one license key for office 2007 for $19.95, that one you can keep even after you leave the company.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:35:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Symantec sucks, even if it's free.     Free to one and all:   AVG or Avast or ..........
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:36:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Symantec sucks, even if it's free.     Free to one and all:   AVG or Avast or ..........

I have AVG now.  Just keep that?  Symantec isnt any better?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:08:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

They even have an employee purchase program, where you can buy the media and one license key for office 2007 for $19.95, that one you can keep even after you leave the company.

This is how I got Office 07 Enterprise. My dad bought it from the company he worked for at the time.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:09:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have AVG now.  Just keep that?  Symantec isnt any better?

Yep. Keep it. The Office deal isn't bad though.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:18:13 PM EDT
[#6]
haha. i'm convinced that my company just bought another company so it could get around buying more Microsoft Software.  

ETA: - this is my personal opinion only and in no way do I know if this is factual.  It is completely a silly assumption I've made.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:45:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
haha. i'm convinced that my company just bought another company so it could get around buying more Microsoft Software.  

ETA: - this is my personal opinion only and in no way do I know if this is factual.  It is completely a silly assumption I've made.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top