Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2002 1:51:03 AM EDT
AOW to me? And also SBR's? What's the deal with $5 vs. $200? Can NY'ers play with such toys? How about LEO's?
I just want to be [b]VERY CLEAR[/b] of the can's and can not's...
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 1:58:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
How about LEO's?
View Quote

But LEO's are [b]ABOVE[/b] the law aren't they? [;)]

Sorry Wave, just yankin your proverbial Chain.

Have a nice day!
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 2:03:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
How about LEO's?
View Quote

But LEO's are [b]ABOVE[/b] the law aren't they? [;)]

Heh Heh Heh...wouldn't that be funny?!?!?
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 2:43:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 2:46:08 AM EDT
[#4]
OK where do I have to go to register/pay for an AOW or SBR?
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 2:50:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 2:53:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 2:57:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Crap. Machine Guns and Silencers are out...I knew that already.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 3:00:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 3:04:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Just so everyone else reading this is/isn't confused yet, I'm NOT looking into getting a machinegun or silencer, although, I do wish I could! Huh?

I was toying with the idea of an SBR or AOW type.

Link Posted: 1/23/2002 3:31:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 3:36:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ray,

MOVE OUT OF NY![:D]
Art in KY
View Quote

No crap pal!
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 4:41:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Here in NC, it varies wildly from county to county. Raleigh is small potatoes by northern standards (maybe around 200k by now - definately big enough to be over the Depravity Concentration Index threshold, and well on its well to becoming a cesspool in my book), and a few years ago the Wake County Sheriff refused to sign for a MG for one of his own deputies.

just want to be VERY CLEAR of the can's and can not's...

Crap. Machine Guns and Silencers are out...I knew that already.
View Quote

Make up your mind. First you say you're looking for cans. Now you say you already knew they're out.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 7:02:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Ray, you are asking about a state that allows (very) limited carry permits, no class 3, no silencers, and you think you can get an AOW or an SBR?  Forget it.  If that were the case I'd pay the bucks to put an 11.5 barrel on my AR.  You could always move to Pennsylvania and still commute to NYC.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 7:38:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Waverunner, I'm afraid we are SOL, one and all, when it comes to Class 3 toys.  As far as what I've been told, the only legal Class 3 goodies around are residing in Class 3 FFL shops, PD armories and.... the trunks of Fed's cars. [;)]

It's not even the same as Post-1994 AW's, where a state/local LEO can get a letter from his CO and buy post-ban mags and weapons.  Class 3's HAVE to be owned by an official agency and are usually tightly restricted to who gets to use them (i.e. on-duty SWAT, etc.).

Feds are a different story, but their agencies are usually pretty strict too when it comes to this stuff, depending on the locale's agent in charge.

You might have to move to PA and commute to NYC to get what you want like Vinnie says.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 7:40:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ask the cops.  They should know the law, they have to enforce it afterall.  [;)]

(I'm yanking your chain as well)
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 10:00:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Ask the cops.  They should know the law, they have to enforce it afterall.  [;)]

(I'm yanking your chain as well)
View Quote

DOH!  that's gonna leave a mark.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top