Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2009 10:05:58 PM EDT
We got some kind of refund check from our bank USAA.  The check sat in the car for weeks, it was only a measly $18 but today I was at the BX and figured I'd cash it.

Looking at the check in the lower left corner something caught my eye. It said "Bank of America" but the top says USAA and was their check.

So when did Bank of America take over USAA and why haven't we heard about it? They are saying below they haven't been bailed out.

www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/stories/2009/06/01/daily14.html

Should we yank our money out of there? Anybody else notice this????

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:07:07 PM EDT
[#1]
NOOOOOOOOO

this country is going to shit, its just so slow of a progression we don't seem to care or do anything.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:38:12 PM EDT
[#2]
USAA is one of the healthiest banks in the US.  No, they haven't been taken over by those dirtbags at BOA.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:40:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Please dont scare me like that.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:03:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Please dont scare me like that.

Ditto...  

That's not funny.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:22:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I hate you
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:25:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Slight Hijack here:

I have an account with USAA and with wachovia...

I got the USAA one when I DEPed in. From people who have accounts with them, (also in the military would be good too) how are they?

I haven't really used them yet since I havent had any direct deposits, and I'm just curious whether I should keep my DD with Wachovia or switch to USAA?

thanks

/hijack
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:28:26 PM EDT
[#7]
why would they need to advertise?   At least half the people I work with have USAA
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:39:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Slight Hijack here:

I got the USAA one when I DEPed in. From people who have accounts with them, (also in the military would be good too) how are they?

I haven't really used them yet since I havent had any direct deposits, and I'm just curious whether I should keep my DD with Wachovia or switch to USAA?

thanks

/hijack

I would switch to USAA.  No atm fees is really handy when you're overseas or just traveling around the country.  If you get check from somebody you can deposit via your scanner at home.  We were in a similar situation with Navy Fed, but I got so fed up with Navy Fed's online banking that it pushed me to switch over to USAA, however Navy Fed has beat USAA with a couple of autoloans, so it doesn't hurt to shop around when financing.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:57:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Haven't noticed it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:21:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Slight Hijack here:

thanks

/hijack

I would switch to USAA.  No atm fees is really handy when you're overseas or just traveling around the country.  If you get check from somebody you can deposit via your scanner at home.  We were in a similar situation with Navy Fed, but I got so fed up with Navy Fed's online banking that it pushed me to switch over to USAA, however Navy Fed has beat USAA with a couple of autoloans, so it doesn't hurt to shop around when financing.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:58:50 AM EDT
[#11]
In my opinion there is no better bank. I switched from shitty ass wells fargo about 6 years ago and love it. USAA has my checking, savings, brokerage, all my insurance, gold buleon (no not really), and soon to have home mortgage. They have no ATM's so when you get charged for using one, THEY give you the money back. Great bank, really nice customer service which is hard to come by.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:01:53 AM EDT
[#12]
USAA is the best bank I have ever done business with. I seriously doubt BOA has anything to do with them.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:02:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Good grief, don't scare me like that!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:07:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Please don't scare me like that. USAA is the bank that I'm cheating on Wachovia with.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:33:04 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Slight Hijack here:

thanks

/hijack
USAA FTW Especially if you are an AD troop.  They are tailored to meet the needs of all AD folks.

I have been a member for over 10 years.  The wife and I have almost everything through them.  Auto, home, life, cc's, investments....

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:50:44 AM EDT
[#16]
I highly doubt it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:50:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
USAA is the best bank company I have ever done business with. I seriously doubt BOA has anything to do with them.

Fixed it for you

Seriously, their customer service and satisfaction is above and beyond any company in operation today.  Wouldn't bank through anyone else.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top