Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 3:19:28 AM EDT
Just placed an order with my gun dealer for a DPMS LR-308B.  

I figured, I've worked my ass to the bone this last year over here, I should be able to buy something for me, right?

Anyways...I'm going to use it for SE deer and pig hunting.  Can any of you make some recommendations for scope mounts and a decent vari-power scope?  The LR-308B has raised rails on the upper receiver, so I think standard-height mounts would be too tall.  But, having never owned a 308 cal AR, I could be wrong.

Brian
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:22:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Sweet! You might be waiting a year anyway.

Or did the supplier have it in stock?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:23:15 AM EDT
[#2]
She'll get over it. TYhis is speaking from experiance. I used to work at a gun store and came home with new crap on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:25:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sweet! You might be waiting a year anyway.

Or did the supplier have it in stock?

There were a bunch of them on Gunbroker at around MSRP.  Hopefully he can snag one.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:29:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Tell her it's already worth $500 more than you paid for it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:01:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I figured, I've worked my ass to the bone this last year over here, I should be able to buy something for me, right?

Anyways...I'm going to use it for SE deer and pig hunting.  Can any of you make some recommendations for scope mounts and a decent vari-power scope?  The LR-308B has raised rails on the upper receiver, so I think standard-height mounts would be too tall.  But, having never owned a 308 cal AR, I could be wrong.

Brian

i always try to convince myself also, "hey, Yeah I have worked hard all year",,Your just trying to make yourself feel better...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:03:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey, as long as you keep up your end of the bargain (bills paid, etc) what's the big deal?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:04:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Sweet.

Stay safe man.

Post pics....
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:07:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Tell her that you worked overtime hours so that you could buy it without dipping into the budget.

Income from regular hours are budgeted, OT pay is for spending. Hard work should have it's rewards.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:08:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm glad I don't have to worry about what a wife thinks when I spend money on the things I want.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:09:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Brian

Good luck brother.  Like a fart in a wind storm.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:33:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Brian

I took my "bonus" 3 months pay (the extra we got for getting extended to 15) and bought a new computer...the wife said nothing....she understood. You've earned the "right". Hopefully she believes that, too ;)
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:40:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Like others have said, she can get over it. Does she work? Are the bills paid? No, Yes. fuck it, you earned it and it's only money, you can't take it with you.  

Anyway, you may want to look into a super sniper scope which, from what I hear are pretty decent for the money.I have used one before on an AR10 with a 762SD suppressor from AAC and it was wicked.  LarryG has a few of them IIRC, he might be able to help you in the optics department as well.  His is the one I shot.  I believe Larue has a Trijicon PoBoy special. 3-9x40 scope, IIRC and it isn't all that much considering what you're paying for the gun.  

Thanks for serving and stay safe.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:54:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Brian

Do like I did and camouflage it with jerky furniture! "Honey! I bought $1500 worth of beef jerky!"

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:18:57 AM EDT
[#14]
You're a goner.

Dibs on guns and ammo!!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:27:25 AM EDT
[#15]
You'll be fine. Hell, I went to the bike shop to swap brake pads (they had given me the wrong ones) and came home with a brand spanking new SV650...

My wife, being fucking awesome, (and despite her having specifically saying "Do NOT come home with a new bike again") was only mad for a couple of days....
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:38:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm glad I don't have to worry about what a wife thinks when I spend money on the things I want.

+1

Fuck that shit.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:45:43 AM EDT
[#17]
The Larue AR10 specific mount is the best but i use the Armalite because I'm cheep. You surely want one that pushes the optic forward for proper eye relief.

I also run a Super Sniper on mine.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:48:08 AM EDT
[#18]
It's always easier asking for forgiveness than it is to ask permission!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:42:23 AM EDT
[#19]
My wife is going to be pissed.

Oh well, that happens every now and then.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:02:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brian

i always try to convince myself also, "hey, Yeah I have worked hard all year",,Your just trying to make yourself feel better...

I don't have to make myself feel better.  I'm single.  I can go look at a gun and say, "Hmm, I think I'll buy that."  And I can without guilt because it's my money and I can buy whatever I damned well want to with it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top