Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 6:37:27 PM EDT
When the "ball type" mouse goes the way of 8 track?

Its something I've fought on my computer for many years and finally I am committed to stopping somewhere tomorrow and buying an after market laser type mouse.

If that time is coming, it can't come soon enough..
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:37:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Uh, I didn't know that the ball-style mouse still existed.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:38:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Do it, you'll have less frustration.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:40:11 PM EDT
[#3]
its hard to find one now they are vintage

really though I only have one ball mouse left and it was a 50 cent computer store mouse. I needed a mouse right now as mine was broke and I was waiting on the new one.

whats even worse is when you go to someones house and they don't have a scroll wheel.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:42:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
its hard to find one now they are vintage

really though I only have one ball mouse left and it was a 50 cent computer store mouse. I needed a mouse right now as mine was broke and I was waiting on the new one.

whats even worse is when you go to someones house and they don't have a scroll wheel.

I've recently gotten addicted to the little "back" and "forward"  buttons by my thumb on this mouse. It's very useful.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I miss digging out the built up "belly button lint" that would wrap around the guide rods and make the cursor jump randomly around the screen. Ah, for the good ol days.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm using a LogicTech ball mouse right now.
I like it. I can move around much quicker than a regular mouse.
Are you talking about the ball mouse on laptops?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I recently picked up a G9 to replace my old MX510.  I will never be able to go back.

DPI can be adjusted on the fly, and it even came with weights you can add or remove.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#8]
just get a laser and be done with it. I have a friend that still uses an old school 2 button mouse without a scroll wheel.

I mock him as

I've since upgraded to a wheel mouse
then upgraded to an optical wheel mouse
then upgraded to a laser mouse with a TILT wheel

he is 3 generations behind.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Welcome to 1997....
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:48:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I recently picked up a G9 to replace my old MX510.  I will never be able to go back.

DPI can be adjusted on the fly, and it even came with weights you can add or remove.

Niiice. I have the MX310, awesome mouse. Logitech can really put them together.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:50:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry, I don't use a ball type mouse.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Welcome to 1997. You might want to upgrade Windows while you are out. Get some more ram for that P-200.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top