Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/15/2009 9:14:55 AM EDT
Should be on Immediately following the commercial.
ETA:  updated title due to more info now.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:18:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:18:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup...watching it now.

I guess there's people that want change and hope in Iran.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:19:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Interesting.

Especially since early this morning the radio was talking about how the Police had backed off to allow the protest.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:20:51 AM EDT
[#4]
wow.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:21:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I would just like to say that I called this.

The toilet paper heads at the top and their IRG will have power wrested only from their cold, dead, bloody hands.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:21:23 AM EDT
[#6]
im surprised the tanks have not rolled in yet.....dictators hate protestors.    too bad iran does not have a second amendment...........maybe iraq will start sending some support to the civilians...... they can send back all the ied's, and efp's, that iran has been sending to the iraq insurgents...... iran needs their own insurgents.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:22:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Not police firing.............."militia"

The shooting came from a compound for volunteer militia linked to Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guard.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:23:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:26:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Yep, be interesting to see how this plays out.

Video right now of some beatings going down............

ETA: reports of 900 students arrested too
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:27:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Remember the government that is doing this is the same government that Obama wants to reason with.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:27:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Will Obama send in US Marshals to protect dissenting voters?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:28:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Cliff Notes:  The government wins, and the protestors STFU.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:29:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

This was inevitable. Iran is heading for civil war.

I really hope you're right. A civil war that destroys Ahmadinejad would be the best thing we could possibly hope for...

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:30:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This is just how they exercise their freedom. Americans need to understand that, and stop being so bigoted. It's like when their women wear hair coverings. They only do it because they want to. Shooting protesters is just their way of life, and you should be understanding and inclusive of that.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:31:05 AM EDT
[#15]
They need guns.

Lots of guns.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#16]
What a surprise.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:31:32 AM EDT
[#17]
I hope our people are over there fomenting civil war...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:31:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Isnt this how it all started in 79?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This was inevitable. Iran is heading for civil war.

They need to string up the mullah's first...

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:32:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Isnt this how it all started in 79?

More or less...

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:33:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm sure they are.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:33:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Not surprising.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:33:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If they are, they must be going around the president.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:35:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Tianistan Square?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#25]
I wonder if Americans would do the same under similar circumstances.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:36:19 AM EDT
[#26]
After killing US troops in Iraq, Iran's leadership deserves whatever it gets.

Hopefully whatever happens does so without large numbers of civilians killed or injured.

The election was a sham and everyone can see it, the leadership looks like fools.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:37:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I wonder if Americans would do the same under similar circumstances.

If Obama and the left bring this country down far enough in four years, we may find out.

By the way, I thought Obama was going to bring all the people of the middle east together under a big colorful rainbow and sing Kum Ba Yah. I mean he is like God right?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:38:03 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Will Obama send in US Marshals to protect dissenting voters take notes?

Fixed

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:38:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Good for the Iranian people who have the courage to stand up against an unjust election!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:40:15 AM EDT
[#30]
What they need in Iran is JIMMY CARTER.

I got $20 to chip in on his air fair.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Good for the Iranian people who have the courage to stand up against an unjust election!

This.  I wish we were doing something (not overtly, but money, arms, etc.) to help them.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:42:20 AM EDT
[#32]
LIKE i said 3 hours ago!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=887005
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:53:31 AM EDT
[#33]
I figure if the IRG can get men and bombs across the border and in to the hands of Iraqi insurgent assholes then that door ought to swing both ways.  It would be utterly stupid and irresponsible for the CIA not to be in Iran doing everything it can to topple the Mullahs right now.   Even Obama wouldn't be so stupid as to stop them.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:54:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I figure if the IRG can get men and bombs across the border and in to the hands of Iraqi insurgent assholes then that door ought to swing both ways.  It would be utterly stupid and irresponsible for the CIA not to be in Iran doing everything it can to topple the Mullahs right now.   Even Obama wouldn't be so stupid as to stop them.

This is the guy who went to Turkey and shilled for the Islamists while sidelining the secularists. I wouldn't be so sure.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:55:35 AM EDT
[#35]
I see this in America's future.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:56:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Will Obama send in US Marshals to protect dissenting voters take notes?
Fixed

I don't think they will find too many USMS volunteers for that op.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:58:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is just how they exercise their freedom. Americans need to understand that, and stop being so bigoted. It's like when their women wear hair coverings. They only do it because they want to. Shooting protesters is just their way of life, and you should be understanding and inclusive of that.

Dude use some damn smileys. till I got to that last part I almost shit brick.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:59:26 AM EDT
[#38]
See where we got without ever invading? All you need to effect "regime change" is to empower internal dissidents. Our enemies seem to know this better than we do at times...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:00:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Israel could really help exploit this issue......They need to be smuggling guns in there as well
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:01:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Strange that the local news was saying how minor protests had broken out as a result of the elections.

And that no one had been injured. Called the protests peaceful.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:01:13 AM EDT
[#41]
This is from BBC "BBC says "heavy electronic jamming" from inside Iran disrupts its Persian TV service"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8101098.stm

IMHO, there will be a civil war with in 2 months if the Iran army dosent get this under control.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:01:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Fixed.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:06:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fixed.

Let me get this right, you WANT a civil war in the US, are you nuts?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:10:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fixed.

Our culture is so fucked. Look at how far we've fallen in the last 50 years. Even more so since Vietnam. We're way to the left, and especially as gun owners we have to fight for very inch of grund. This isn't America anymore. It's fucking insane. The entire idea behind the 2A was that when government became to oppressive, you hit the restart button. It may not be too oppressive to you, but it is for my taste. Government is supposed to take care of things like national defense and trade. It's not supposed to dictate every last part of my fucking life. Yes I want a civil war, I want to hit the fucking restart button and get back to what this country was founded on.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:11:31 AM EDT
[#45]
I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that Ahmadinejad lost this election and then had the mullahs steal it back for him.
For sure the opposition had significant support in Tehran.  But we're talking about students and upper class urban residents.  Iran is basically Tehran and then everywhere else.  And I bet that the "everywhere else" component went heavily for Ahmadinejad.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:12:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fixed.

Our culture is so fucked. Look at how far we've fallen in the last 50 years. Even more so since Vietnam. We're way to the left, and especially as gun owners we have to fight for very inch of grund. This isn't America anymore. It's fucking insane. The entire idea behind the 2A was that when government became to oppressive, you hit the restart button. It may not be too oppressive to you, but it is for my taste. Government is supposed to take care of things like national defense and trade. It's not supposed to dictate every last part of my fucking life. Yes I want a civil war, I want to hit the fucking restart button and get back to what this country was founded on.

Mods go gently on him.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:12:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude use some damn smileys. till I got to that last part I almost shit brick.

Sorry. I was just emulating our great Comrade President.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:14:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Iran has shot down texting/cell phone service, internet service, asked international reports to leave or arrested them and arrested 100 opposition figures arrested, including the brother of ex-reformist President Khatami. Mark my words, there will be a civil war in Iran soon.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fixed.

I understand what you are saying, but there is no way "we" would win at this point in time. If we lost, it would be 100 times worse than it is right now. I hope I didnt bust the COC here, I am not advacation a civil war in the states at all.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:15:05 AM EDT
[#49]

Hell, I've seen better riots in Walmart over a "Tickle Me Elmo" doll.  These guys need to step it up.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that Ahmadinejad lost this election and then had the mullahs steal it back for him.
For sure the opposition had significant support in Tehran.  But we're talking about students and upper class urban residents.  Iran is basically Tehran and then everywhere else.  And I bet that the "everywhere else" component went heavily for Ahmadinejad.

If you examine revolutions throughout history, most are led by an urban middle/upperclass with strong intellectual leanings. And quite frankly, one successful urban power grab was enough for the French revolutionaries as well. Once the center of power is in their hands, the revolution can spread to less sympathetic ears outside their current zone of influence.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top