Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 6/13/2009 10:32:34 AM EDT
Howdy Guys,
     Here's the story. I have a FRIEND that I work with that I hang out with driving a School Bus. I recently found out that I was going to be able to get my student loan for flight school and will be leaving for Florida in several months. She has been wanting to hang out with me lately because of this.

Now before anyone gets the wrong idea, we are JUST FRIENDS. I am 21 and she is 43. I look to her as a mom figure and go to her for advice on different things that I may have trouble with. Hell, shes the one who talked me in to applying with a particular lender for my student loan and because of this I am going to be able to fulfill my dream of becoming a pilot. We hang out, watch movies, play tennis, I coach her softball team, and we cause trouble at work together.

I have not met her husband before today and have asked repeatedly to meet him so that he doesnt worry about me or get the wrong idea. She had to wash her School Bus so that it could be turned in on Monday and asked me if I would help her. I took time out of my day and away from my studying for school to try and be a friend and help her out with it.

So I get up early this morning and we get breakfast (which i bought as usual) and head to the bus shop to wash the bus. As I am getting my scrub brush and soap and walking to the bus, Here comes an F250 running wide open towards me. She said that it was her husband, so I figured he had a heavy foot similar to mine so I didnt think anything of it and continued to the bus. She was working on the door area and I passed her and got on the bus.

As soon as I make it up the stairs and into the aisle, here comes her husband yelling and screaming that if i touch her or try anything that he was going to kill me. He continued saying this over and over while she stood there with a dumb look on her face not saying a word to him. I was a gentleman the entire time introducing myself as Jeff and told him that his wife asked me to help her wash the bus. I reassured him that he has nothing to worry about and explained to him how I looked to her as a mother figure for advice. He continued on saying that he was going to kill me if he thought I was doing anything with her.

He proceeded to tell me that he knew where I lived and told me my address and got it right and that he would come over and kill me if he had to.

My questions are: What should I do about the threats? About her as a friend? Am I in the wrong?

Before yall ask, My gun was in my truck at the house and I didnt have a knife or anything as I was in my swimming shorts and t shirt.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:34:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Has she said anything? If not, bail. she isnt worth that drama
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:39:36 AM EDT
[#2]
this is why you don't "hang out" with married women.  Who knows what she has been saying to him.  He also might just be a psycho.  Either way... not worth the potential hassle.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:39:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

+1

It is obvious that her husband is uncomfortable with your activities together.  Right or wrong, he is her husband.  Respect that and avoid her company outside of work.  Particularly avoid any type of social activities with her that only involve the two of you.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:39:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

this
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:40:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We hang out, watch movies, play tennis, I coach her softball team, and we cause trouble at work together.

Doing these things with the wife of a jealous husband tends to get people shot, no matter how innocent the 3rd party is.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

He proceeded to tell me that he knew where I lived and told me my address and got it right and that he would come over and kill me if he had to.

That's called a death threat.

When you get one of those you are suppose to call 911 and say "someone just threatened to kill me".

Unless you are just an attention whoring drama queen who can't survive without this kind of bullshit I suggest you call the fucking cops now.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:43:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you get one of those you are suppose to call 911 and say "someone just threatened to kill me".

Unless you are just an attention whoring drama queen who can't survive without this kind of bullshit I suggest you call the fucking cops now.

And end all contact with your friend.  People come and go.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:44:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm not sure that came out quite the way you wanted it to...

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:44:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree.  It wasn't a death threat so long as he isn't engaging in sexual activities with her.

OP, your relationship with her is probably being perceived as an "emotional affair" by the husband.  You have no idea what kind of history these two have.  Don't be a pussy about it and go calling the cops.  If you are that worried about it attempt to contact the husband and clear things up, and explain to him that now that it has been brought to your attention that he is uncomfortable with the extent of you relationship with his wife, that you will respect that and back off.

No need to get your panties in a bunch, just walk away from the whole thing.  More drama is NOT what you need.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:46:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree.  It wasn't a death threat so long as he isn't engaging in sexual activities with her.

LOL!!!!
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:48:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL!!!!

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:48:43 AM EDT
[#13]
OP is a boy toy and doesn't even know it yet.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:48:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

SevenMaryThree OP is a boy toy and doesn't even know it yet.

I'm gunna have to agree with pdg45acp here. Walk away from the whole situation, and if threats continue i'd contact the police.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:51:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm gunna have to agree with pdg45acp here. Walk away from the whole situation, and if threats continue i'd contact the police.

+1

eta:  Also, make sure you've got your CCW at all times.  That is a good general rule anyway, but this situation reinforces that.  I doubt that you will have any further problems with him though.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:53:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Howdy Guys,

Here's the story. I have a FRIEND that I work with that I hang out with driving a School Bus. I recently found out that I was going to be able to get my student loan for flight school and will be leaving for Florida in several months. She has been wanting to hang out with me lately because of this.

Now before anyone gets the wrong idea, we are JUST FRIENDS. I am 21 and she is 43. I look to her as a mom figure and go to her for advice on different things that I may have trouble with. Hell, shes the one who talked me in to applying with a particular lender for my student loan and because of this I am going to be able to fulfill my dream of becoming a pilot. We hang out, watch movies, play tennis, I coach her softball team, and we cause trouble at work together.

I have not met her husband before today and have asked repeatedly to meet him so that he doesnt worry about me or get the wrong idea. She had to wash her School Bus so that it could be turned in on Monday and asked me if I would help her. I took time out of my day and away from my studying for school to try and be a friend and help her out with it.

So I get up early this morning and we get breakfast (which i bought as usual) and head to the bus shop to wash the bus. As I am getting my scrub brush and soap and walking to the bus, Here comes an F250 running wide open towards me. She said that it was her husband, so I figured he had a heavy foot similar to mine so I didnt think anything of it and continued to the bus. She was working on the door area and I passed her and got on the bus.

As soon as I make it up the stairs and into the aisle, here comes her husband yelling and screaming that if i touch her or try anything that he was going to kill me. He continued saying this over and over while she stood there with a dumb look on her face not saying a word to him. I was a gentleman the entire time introducing myself as Jeff and told him that his wife asked me to help her wash the bus. I reassured him that he has nothing to worry about and explained to him how I looked to her as a mother figure for advice. He continued on saying that he was going to kill me if he thought I was doing anything with her.

My questions are: What should I do about the threats? About her as a friend? Am I in the wrong?

Before yall ask, My gun was in my truck at the house and I didnt have a knife or anything as I was in my swimming shorts and t shirt.

Keep letting her hear you say that and you'll never get into her pants.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:53:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's what I was thinking too. He is also clueless if he thinks that she sees him as a "son figure".
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:55:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I was thinking too. He is also clueless if he thinks that she sees him as a "son figure".

eta:  Ha ha, you guys read my mind.  I suppose it's possible, but not likely.  One more reason the OP needs to walk away from this.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:56:24 AM EDT
[#19]
My life is threatened, I call the police.  The husband said if he "thought" he was screwing his wife, husband would kill him.  I can't control what someone thinks about me.  Death threat is a death threat.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:58:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
this is why you don't "hang out" with married women.  Who knows what she has been saying to him.  He also might just be a psycho.  Either way... not worth the potential hassle.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Why some people can't grasp this is beyond me. The fact that he may be a psycho shouldn't be questioned if you want to hang with married women, it should almost be assumed, just so you're not surprised by a husband like this one. If a woman is married and wants the regular companionship of someone other than her husband, that's a signal that there's something amiss in the relationship. If she didn't defend you in front of the guy, that should also clue you not only about her, but them as a couple. She's probably seen him go off like this before and if she didn't say anything in your defense, she may very well have a good reason not to, like a previous beating to remember what the guy is capable of. Sorry bud, it's time to say goodbye to her as a friend. And needless to say, check your six.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:02:13 AM EDT
[#21]
I would feel weird spending that much time with a married woman, especially without her husband around.
I would also be upset if my wife spent a lot of time with a man half her age without me around.
I suggest you tell her that it is best if you keep your relationship a work relationship, unless you want to keep on riding the llama straight to drama town
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Howdy Guys,

Have you considered the possibility that this female friend actually has a thing for you, that the husband recognizes it, and is jealous?  

I'd stop spending time with said married woman.  Something does not sound right, even if it has nothing to do with you.  I've never had someone so explicitly state they were going to kill me.  Your carry weapon must be with you at all times.  Not in your truck.  Not in the glove box.  On your person.  All times.  Everything that guy said to you is a serious crime.  Stay away from the woman and protect yourself at all times.  It's these types of situations that another big reason why people are killed.  Gang killings, drug killings, and Love Triangles (even if it just presumed).  You might want to go to the authorities about the threat and see what they say.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:16:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Stay away from His wife. He is not fucking kidding, and neather would I !
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:18:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Nothing. He's a pussy.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#25]
I'd bail, as its just not worth the aggravation.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:21:52 AM EDT
[#26]

IMO you should stop contact with a 43 year old married woman and just work on studying till you leave.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:23:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Have you hit it yet?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:25:06 AM EDT
[#28]
I am sure she isnt thinking about banging a young going to be pilot.

I would say buh bye before I got a bullet in the head
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:31:31 AM EDT
[#29]
As a to be pilot, you should know the term "BAIL OUT."  Don't feel comfortable wih the guy or confronts you again, report it. It will make solving a crime easier.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:47:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

eta:  Ha ha, you guys read my mind.  I suppose it's possible, but not likely.  One more reason the OP needs to walk run away from this.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:50:09 AM EDT
[#31]
You see all the relationship drama GD has to offer and you can't figure this out on your own.  Really?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:55:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Stay away from His wife. He is not fucking kidding, and neather would I !

this, go find some 21yo chick to fuck instead
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:59:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Possibly one of the few times this picture actually fits a thread

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#35]
You put yourself in a bad situation. If I were the husband i'd be pissed off too.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:05:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure that came out quite the way you wanted it to...

It's a qoute from Batman when Jack Nicholson as the joker thinks Batman is moving in on his girl.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:07:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Tell the dude his wife is like throwing a banana in a barn.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:16:25 PM EDT
[#38]
PICS COMING SOON ...

of husband busting a cap in your ass

Dibs on your guns & ammo
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:20:10 PM EDT
[#39]
You should have said, "Look man I know you love your wife.  I know she's the most precious thing in the world to you.  I'm sure you give her a heartfelt kiss every night when she comes home from work.  Right?  Yeah?  How'd my dick taste?"
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:24:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Sounds like she might have priors....
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bingo. People need to get results they did not expect. Press charges.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:25:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You see all the relationship drama GD has to offer and you can't figure this out on your own.  Really?

OP has been in, and wants to continue to be in, her pants, but won't come out and say it.  There is no "innocent mother figure" here.  This relationship has already gone sexual, and the OP is trying to defend himself without looking like a buffoon.  Most, if not all, the replies have seen through it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:36:04 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm a strong advocate of male/female "friendships" meaning more than that.  Usually one party wants more than just friendship.

You need to jump ship.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:46:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Report it to the police immediately to make their job easier. That way when you keep fucking with his wife and he comes and kills you they'll at least have a suspect.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:48:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP has been in, and wants to continue to be in, her pants, but won't come out and say it.  There is no "innocent mother figure" here.  This relationship has already gone sexual, and the OP is trying to defend himself without looking like a buffoon.  Most, if not all, the replies have seen through it.

She's just a FRIEND - a mother figure
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#47]
So what was his wife doing the entire time her husband was threatening to kill you?

She SHOULD have been screaming at him to back off and trying to set him straight.

Anything short of that and she's not in your corner. Forget you ever met her.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:00:23 PM EDT
[#48]
He knows where you live, so he or someone else is following you. He's probably monitoring, of not outright listening to his wifes cell phone. Maybe she is confiding in someone about her (Fake or otherwise) boyfriend. Maybe she has a history of nailing coworkers.
At any rate, she has caused her husband some concern, and YOU need to run the fuck away.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:04:26 PM EDT
[#49]
OP may not know if this is a road the husband has already been down with a cougar-ish wife. I'm having some trouble seeing why OP got into this to begin with. My wife goes completely out of her way to make sure I've met or know about ANY male friends, simply to avoid any misinterpretation. (Ex wife had an affair at work that I very nearly went to jail over, so she knows my feelings on the subject.)

OP - your situational awareness needs work, to put it mildly.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:05:31 PM EDT
[#50]
The guy doesn't seem legit.
Just nail her already...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top