BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/12/2009 3:56:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 4:36:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Why do I need to email for an order form? Thats the stupidest thing ever. Why can't I order from the site? Lame.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 4:49:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, but if I go to a site and I can't order there or they don't show it in stock, I don't buy.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 4:55:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I've seen an AR lower from you guys that had a 82nd Airborne decal laser'd on there. Do you guys have the 10th Mountain division insignia as well?

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:25:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Tag simply  to see where this goes.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:26:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool,  can we all sell in GD now?  I haven't adjusted to the new EE either.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:27:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Tag simply  to see where this goes.

Somehow, this is going to be interesting.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:28:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It didn't even hit me that this was in GD. Man I got some shit to unload.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:29:57 PM EDT
[#9]
There are plenty of shopping carts out there that are customizable and extensible.

If you want to sell on the web, you have to pony up the costs for custom work. It isn't THAT expensive.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:33:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn, tough crowd.

Have any pics of your work to get me excited?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:52:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are plenty of shopping carts out there that are customizable and extensible.

If you want to sell on the web, you have to pony up the costs for custom work. It isn't THAT expensive.

5 professional quotes, the lowest of them was $9,500. And it still did not allow everything we needed. Thank you for your input but I think for now at least we will be staying with the very simple format we currently use.

Jon K.

Hey Jon, I've been a professional web developer for years. Drop me a PM and I'll shoot you some good information on some ideas that will cost significantly less than your proposals. I doubt that I'll have time to offer my services, but I can give you the names of some people who may be able to help.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:53:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Damn, tough crowd.

Have any pics of your work to get me excited?

Yea, I noticed to first two denouncers had very low post counts. Probably wouldn't have bought anything, anyway.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:05:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

5 professional quotes, the lowest of them was $9,500. And it still did not allow everything we needed. Thank you for your input but I think for now at least we will be staying with the very simple format we currently use.

Jon K.

hey jon, you do good work.  i got a lower from ya a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do I need to email for an order form? Thats the stupidest thing ever. Why can't I order from the site? Lame.

Why?

Well, gee... you don't have to email for the order form. There is a link in the above post that you can use to directly access it. In case you  missed it, here it is again: To go to the order from page Clikc Here!

Why do we use the order form instead of the standard static (zero intelligence enabled) shopping cart???

Because I have been unable to find any shopping cart that can be configured so that it will allow and require a customer to enter the required information for FFL required items. The order sheet takes about 30 seconds more than filling out the normal shopping cart. I find that most people can spare the 30 seconds from their lives without a great negative impact.

Also, because we do not charge you until your particular project is started and we have a definite shipping date of less than 48 hours. Most  shopping carts charge  you immediately. This was not acceptable to me. I feel you  as a client should not be charged until your product is being worked on and shipped.

Lastly, a lot of what we do is custom builds. There is almost no way to configure a normal shopping cart to allow all the various choices and have the intelligence to know that some parts will not fit correctly with other  arts and communicate that. When a client fills out an order form asking for a rifle length hand guard and a carbine length A2 FBS installed it is easy for me to consult with the client, make recommendations based on what they say and arrive at a suitable solution. A dumb shopping cart can not do that. It will simply let you order it and charge you. I find that unacceptable.

Lastly, it allows myself or my staff the opportunity to have an actual human review each and every order to be sure that everything is correct before you get charged. That greatly eliminates incorrect charges. 99% of our clients prefer it that way.

Life being what it is and people being what they are, no system is going  to ever be able to please 100% of the people 100% of the time. Our system is no more difficult that most others, allows for personal human interaction both ways, and to be honest, almost nobody has a problem with it. Simply put, it is easy and it works every time for every client.

Thank you for your question.

Jon Kruger
President, Anvil Arms LLC
Lakeland, FL.
863-398-4460 (Voice)      
863-984-9355 (Fax) – 863-669-0300 (Back-Up FAX)

Proud ARFCOM Industry Partner

Lifetime NRA Member

Email: [email protected]

www.AnvilArms.com

RTKABA - 2A -> The Fight Has Just Begun

“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
Founding Father of the United States, Original Signer of the Declaration of Independence; Benjamin Franklin, February, 1775

Join the NRA ––- FREE: https://www.nrahq.org/nrabonus/accept-membership.asp

VERY good and polite answer.  

You probably gained a future customer.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:09:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I demand pics be put in this thread!!
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:12:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a lower from Jon and it's very nice. He even lasered my website logo on it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Anvil is a great company to deal with and has excellent quality products, i'm glad to hear that lowers are back in stock. Jon what is the price for laser engraving now?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:19:21 PM EDT
[#19]
For those that are being total dicks, Anvil Arms is one of the few companies that didn't jack their prices up right after the election.  The price of their lowers stayed the same while others were taking advantage of the panic buying.

I bought 2 of their lowers and they are excellent quality.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#20]
GD is a bad place to announce a product simply because most of arfcom's trolls are centric to this forum than the AR products forum.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:29:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Become a dealer and you can too.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:37:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Become a dealer and you can too.

This is the only dealer selling in GD. I'm sure others are watching and if this doesn't get a lock soon GD will soon look like the old EE.  

P.S. I asked the hive mind if I should sell or keep a gun and it was locked in less than 5 minute.  I'm not going to rat on anyone, I just want to see how long this last.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:40:20 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a 24" Stainless heavy barrel AR-15 I am selling.

200 rounds.

Blah Blah

Bump

Bump
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:53:43 PM EDT
[#24]
been happy with my lowers from Anvil so far.  

I only have 5.

built these 2 for my brother in the Marines, and my sister in the Air Force, using AA lowers

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:39:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Might be good products.

But, no shopping cart equals no sale.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:06:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Might be good products.

I picked up the phone and ordered mine from Jon. Took me less than five minutes

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:06:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Might be good products.

I picked up the phone and ordered mine from Jon. Took me less than five minutes

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:13:49 PM EDT
[#28]
On saturday night at 11 pm?

Not going to happen.
So I will say it again "No sale"

If a company REFUSES do something as easy as making a potential customer a REAL customer then that company is not worth the effort to tell them they need to get with the times.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:21:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Tag for when I'm not at work.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:34:09 PM EDT
[#30]
The quality of the two lowers and one complete rifle I have revieved (with no delays in building or shipping) far exceeds the inconvience of emailing a form.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Just get off your butt monday and place a order.

Once upon a time we used phones to place orders...

FREE

Quoted:

Not going to happen.

If a company REFUSES do something as easy as making a potential customer a REAL customer then that company is not worth the effort to tell them they need to get with the times.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:26:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Jon––

I might be able to help you with a shopping cart.

PM Me.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:33:46 PM EDT
[#33]
If I could buy stripped lowers, I'd get the one that says "in 556 we trust.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:38:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Oh, I was wondering, do your lightweight barrels have the .625 front sight base?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:58:24 PM EDT
[#35]
I'll let the mods do the modding and I'll do the drooling!

I haven't ordered one yet but I already decided to get in touch with you guys when the time comes some time ago.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:32:16 PM EDT
[#36]

GD = Bitchfest

Moar pics, please!

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:59:54 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Not going to happen.

Your loss.  Seriously.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:03:20 PM EDT
[#38]
This thread has a lot of vaginas that need kicking.

What other types of engraving do you offer?

Ive got a couple lowers already put away, but those engravings are pretty cool.

Can you post pictures of the different engravings that you offer?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:08:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Well, I'm a repeat Anvil Arms customer and love their work.  I'm happy
that things are somewhat back to normal...I'll have some more orders
for you soon...

Since this is useless without pics...

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:09:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Jon did engraving on all three of my lower receivers. Top notch quality work, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them when the time comes.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:32:27 PM EDT
[#41]

One of mine...

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:37:53 PM EDT
[#42]
$80 lpk?  
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:33:36 PM EDT
[#43]
I've been very pleased in dealing with Anvil Arms, top notch company, top notch customer service

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:40:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Please keep the order forms if saving the money allows you to sell ARs cheaper!!!! Anyone who isnt smart enough to fill out an order form shouldnt own a firearm anyway!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:08:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
This thread has a lot of vaginas that need kicking.

What other types of engraving do you offer?

Ive got a couple lowers already put away, but those engravings are pretty cool.

Can you post pictures of the different engravings that you offer?

Jon has a couple dozen photos on his site, you  can go to the Dealer section and go to AA and he has a Tacked photo thread at the top of the page.

Quoted:
Well, I'm a repeat Anvil Arms customer and love their work.  I'm happythat things are somewhat back to normal......

I am a 3-peater Jon sold me my 1st AR, my 1st SBR, and a hand full of lowers.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:10:58 AM EDT
[#46]
I think it might be time for a 9mm can,
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#47]
I just read your order form. You add 3% for using a credit card? Seriously?! That sealed the deal for me.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:59:03 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I just read your order form. You add 3% for using a credit card? Seriously?! That sealed the deal for me.

No...he offers a 3% discount for Cash sales.  Most other retailers simply charge you the 3% regardless.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:54:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No...he offers a 3% discount for Cash sales.  Most other retailers simply charge you the 3% regardless.

"All prices, either on the website or verbally quoted, reflect a 3% discount for paying by cash or check. Any order or purchase being paid for with a credit card will not be eligible for this 3% cash discount. This will be reflected on your sales order when it is sent to you."

Sooo, I can get the price listed on his site if I pay cash, or I can use a CC and it goes up 3%. Not being eligible = +3%, I use another vendor.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:13:44 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"All prices, either on the website or verbally quoted, reflect a 3% discount for paying by cash or check. Any order or purchase being paid for with a credit card will not be eligible for this 3% cash discount. This will be reflected on your sales order when it is sent to you."

Sooo, I can get the price listed on his site if I pay cash, or I can use a CC and it goes up 3%. Not being eligible = +3%, I use another vendor.

Sooo, you think that 3% isn't already added to other places' price structure?

Aaaaaalllllllrightythen.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top