Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2002 3:11:28 PM EDT
While most people will be celebrating MLK, Jr's birthday, I'll be celebrating Lee's Birthday. Actually, he was born on the 19th, and King on the 15th, but Americans celebrate days like these on Mondays.

Link Posted: 1/21/2002 3:14:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a guy come in an wish me a "Happy James Earl Ray Day"  Let me tell you I did not appreciate it.

Outbreak of World War II. Frank J Whittle invents the jet engine. Robert Watson-Watt invents radar. Nash introduces car with air conditioning. General Electric launches a refrigerator with a freezer compartment. Igor Sikorsky makes a successful flight in his VS300 helicopter. "Gone with the wind" is screened.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually I believe this holiday is celebrated as the LEE/JACKSON Holiday.  That is what I celebrate.

Link Posted: 1/21/2002 3:42:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Outbreak of World War II. Frank J Whittle invents the jet engine. Robert Watson-Watt invents radar. Nash introduces car with air conditioning. General Electric launches a refrigerator with a freezer compartment. Igor Sikorsky makes a successful flight in his VS300 helicopter. "Gone with the wind" is screened.
View Quote

Just wondering....what year was it Al Gore invented the internet?
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:04:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Ahhh yes, the war of Northern Aggression. Had a roomate from Texas once. He claimed they had not lost, they were "just waiting for supplies".  LMAO

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:09:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:16:32 PM EDT
[#6]
The MAN.
[url]http://images.virtualology.com/images/1074.jpg[/url]

FYI I live in Manassas and the county court house is at the intersection of LEE and GRANT.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 2:21:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ahhh yes, the war of Northern Aggression. Had a roomate from Texas once. He claimed they had not lost, they were "just waiting for supplies".  LMAO

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
View Quote

I like that on.  I will have to use it myself some time!!![beer]
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 2:49:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Now Now don't you know if you don't celebrate MLK Day you are a Racist. And if you celebrate Robert E. Lee Day you must be in the Klan or something because he fought for Slavery not States Rights or anything. BTW I wish the South had won the War slavery would have still ended albiet later but if they had won there might still be some semblance of the Constitution left.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 3:19:55 AM EDT
[#9]
The original 'Boys in the Hood'

Link Posted: 1/22/2002 4:16:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Actually I believe this holiday is celebrated as the LEE/JACKSON Holiday.  That is what I celebrate.

View Quote

I thought that was only a Virginia holiday?[/quote

Actually, the state of Texas celebrates Confederate Heroes Day on the 19th, and all employees have the day off....fullclip
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 4:51:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, I had a nice holiday. How about everybody else?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top