Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2009 2:39:48 PM EDT
I bought a Classic Army m15 SPR thinking it would be fun for screwing around but it has only fired about 150 BBs in about 2-3 years. I'm going to sell it on ebay but not sure of a price. It was about $375 new and $35 for battery & charger. IT has never been played with and is in perfect condition. What price would you think would be good to list it for? I was thinking $325 "buy it now" with a opening bid of $280. I never sell stuff on ebay so I have no clue what to start prices at to not get ripped off but still have it sell.

Link Posted: 6/4/2009 2:41:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had my best eBay luck starting auctions for very low prices, and letting bidders bring them up. It is a risk, but it has worked out well for me.
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 2:43:14 PM EDT
[#2]
How much are you selling it for?
Eta:  sorry didn't read where you were asking advice for price.  Is it all metal construction, including gears?

Link Posted: 6/4/2009 2:45:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How much are you selling it for?

I was thinking $325 "buy it now" with a opening bid of $280.

Not sure if I will sell it though. Trying to start a "sellers account" was full of all kinds of BS.
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 2:45:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Try it and see.
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 2:46:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd start it at .99¢ and let it go to what it goes to.

The higher your starting price the less likely you are to sell it and the less people that will bid on it. I've gotten a lot more for stuff by starting it out cheap and letting people bid it up than I would have if I'd had just put it on with a Buy It Now price.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Shipped the thing today. It sold for $230. The package was oversized so it was $59.88 for Ground to NY. Which came to 78.36 total for shipping. And after PayPal rapes what the seller payed me I came out at $148-ish.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:03:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Shipped the thing today. It sold for $230. The package was oversized so it was $59.88 for Ground to NY. Which came to 78.36 total for shipping. And after PayPal rapes what the seller payed me I came out at $148-ish.

It cost you $60 to ship an airsoft gun? What type of shipping did you use? I've shipped real rifles for much, much less.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:05:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You paid for the shipping yourself?

In all my experience using ebay, and also my experience, several years ago, trafficking in airsoft guns online, the buyer always paid shipping.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:05:42 AM EDT
[#9]
holy shit dood did USPS at least use lube?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:09:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Why did you pay for shipping? You should have added that on to the final price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top