Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/20/2002 8:43:12 AM EDT
CNN.com has a story about the call by some Somali-Americans at [url]http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/19/black.hawk.down.boycott.ap/index.html[/url].  They have a poll on it, too.  Go look!
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:45:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Screw them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:48:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
CNN.com has a story about the call by some Somali-Americans at
View Quote

What all seven of them? I agree with GF...screw 'em!
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:53:22 AM EDT
[#3]
from article..
Somali-American community leaders have called for a boycott of "Black Hawk Down," charging the film depicts their African homeland's people as savages ....
View Quote

I haven't seen the film yet, but from what I've read about the raid that went bad, they [b]are[/b] frickin' savages!  And if they'd drop the "Somali" and call themselves Americans (like they [u]should[/u] ) they might not be so offended by the accurate description of the country where they used to reside.

Green Furniture said it best...
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:53:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Perhaps the producers should set aside a portion of the movie's profits to buy these "victims" one-way tickets back to Somalia. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:54:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Put them on a raft and send 'em home!  Somali-Americans what are those?  I am an American.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:55:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey everyone, let's all vote "NO" on the website listed above!
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:56:24 AM EDT
[#7]
BWAAAHAAAA HAAAA HAAAAAA!
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:57:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Morph I do not think that the purpose of this thread was to vote YES!!

LOL
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:58:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I am deeply offended at the way that the German people were portrayed as Nazis in the film, "Saving Private Ryan." I believe it protrays Germans in a negative light, and may have a detrimental impact on German-Americans living here in the United States.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:04:56 AM EDT
[#10]
enough of this hypenated cr@p.. You're either an American or you're not.  GO-AWAY!

Well, from what I understand, this movie is pretty close to reality (fact wise) and if it pisses someone off... FINE, I'll maybe go see it SEVERAL times  [:P]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:13:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Phuck the Somali side.  Let'em make their own movie staring Richard "The Gerbil" Geer. He's Somali - well, isn't he ?

I'm an American - checked this morning to be certain.
(Danish, English, Irish, French and Creek Indian.)

[smoke]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:14:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Just read the CNN article. Am I the only one that caught the part on "Minnesota is home to at least 25,000 Somalis, believed to be the biggest concentration in the nation."? Ungrateful people, will be breeding like rats, just like they do back there. We will be dealing with one million of them here in a couple of years.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:17:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just read the CNN article. Am I the only one that caught the part on "Minnesota is home to at least 25,000 Somalis, believed to be the biggest concentration in the nation  
View Quote

I believe they misplaced their decimal. It should say home to 25 Somalis. Besides, even if the 25,000 figure is correct, by using the BDH math calculations, it would only take 41 of us to take out the entire population should the protesting get too bad.[uzi]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:19:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Two words, FUCK THEM!!!

Id send every last cocksucking skinny back that says a fucking word about this movie. They obviously aren't very greatfull to be part of this great country we call AMERICA.

This stuff kills me, all the scurge of the earth come here from these armpit countries to reap the benefits of this country that their boil on the earths ass couldn't provide. Then!! when the pigs get here they raise flags and paste bumper stickers giving props and loyalty to the shithole they just left.

I see this roach coach on the road the other day doing 20MPH in a 55 because it's jam packed with about 20 turds in it. As I start to pass I see that the fucking POS has personalized tags that read "ECUADOR". WTF over!! am I missing something here??

I felt like ramming that fucking car of the road.

Im not rude!! just a little misguided and highly motivated. What can I say? Uncle Sam made me this way!!! [x]

Semper-Fi Do or Die gents, 03 out!! [sniper]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:26:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Welcome to the downside of such a great country as ours having the first amendment.  Those bastards did a fine job "creating the image of being savages" by dragging the bodies of the dead soldiers through the streets for the Media to photograph.  I concur with the above statements that the can go F___ themselves, but I'm even more proud of the fact that our counrty allows them to spew such BS and allows us to tell them what we can do with "their opinion."
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:32:23 AM EDT
[#16]
They had CNN telling their side of the story two days ago.  They were interviewing Somalis who where there.  They claim to be running away and being shot by Americans.  BS!!!  CNN will always take the side of the Somalis, Palestinians, Taliban (their sympathy for Walker is sickening), and are now boohooing about the 'mistreatment' of the detainees in Gitmo, disregarding the violent uprisings that they have already committed, killing at least one American.  They are spouting the rhetoric being spewed by certain groups.  The CNN view also agrees with some members here who are taking the side of the Palestinians and calling Camp X-Ray in Gitmo as 'concentration camp'.  These same members call those who don't agree with them 'leftists' while they are agreeing with the left leaning CNN.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:58:13 AM EDT
[#17]
I am so sick and tired of walking on eggshells in my own country.

F##K the Somalis and the POS raft they floated in on.

and F##K any oter ethnic group that believes they should receive special treatment from me.

Their call to boycott the movie is what created the NEGATIVE image [50]
WHAT is this country coming to.

Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:14:14 AM EDT
[#18]
If they are worried about it over there they need to go back home and take care of business insted of hauling ass over here to get away from the same bastards that carsued the problem.
How about we start a fund to arm the somilians over here and send them back.  Then we will see how worried they are about a movie.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:16:39 AM EDT
[#19]
The poll says fuck em
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:22:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Now that's a really clever response by Somali-Americans! Yes, boycott the film to insure that (1) everyone identifies you with the people that killed our men in Mogadishu, and (2) everyone knows that you identify yourselves with those who killed our men in Mogadishu!

Excellent decision!

We'll know just who to put on the boat to send back to your beloved (wretched) homeland!

Eric The(YouWon'tNeedSympathy,[b]You'llNeedLuggage![/b])Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:26:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
CNN.com has a story about the call by some Somali-Americans at
View Quote

What all seven of them? I agree with GF...screw 'em!
View Quote

No. no. no. NO! Don't "screw 'em", PISS ON 'EM!!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:28:06 AM EDT
[#22]
If you really feel strongly about this and want to screw the Somali-Americans, go see the movie again, and buy it on DVD/VHS as soon as it is released.

That'll show them.

My local/liberal paper only gave BHD 2 1/2 stars and gave 3 1/2 to "Amelie" and "In the Bedroom", 3 to "Gosford Park", "The Man Who Wasn't There", "Ocean's Eleven", "The Royal Tennenbaums", "Shrek", "Training Day", and believe it or not, "Zoolander".

The critic felt that BHD was "Viscerally exciting but ultimately meaningless because of the lack of characterization and context."

I feel safe in saying that the reviewer (whose name was not listed) was probably not prior service.  Most likely some nancy-boy journalism school dropout.

BTW, Aideed's son was in the USMC, if you are unaware.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:28:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Perhaps the producers should set aside a portion of the movie's profits to buy these "victims" one-way tickets back to Somalia. [rolleyes]
View Quote

Or better yet...they need to go through basic and droped in afganastan.

R35
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:32:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Screw them if they can't take a joke...
Fact: The Somali's are dark skinned, they were correctly shown that way in the movie... There is a black Ranger in the film too.
Fact: The Somali's started the gunfight.
Fact: The Somali's abused our dead.

The movie is about American troops fighting in a sh!tty place, outnumbered... I didn't think one single part of the movie was racist.
I mean, what do these people want ? The filmmaker to throw some whites and asians into the crowds ? The movie was based on real events.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:35:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If you really feel strongly about this and want to screw the Somali-Americans, go see the movie again, and buy it on DVD/VHS as soon as it is released.

That'll show them.
View Quote

Damn right. I'm going again, buying the soundtrack and buying the DVD when it hits the stores.

Welcome to America. Check your ethnic bullshit at the door. If you'd like to get it back, we'll return it to you [b]ON YOUR WAY OUT![/B]

Jarhead out.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:39:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Or better yet...they need to go through basic and droped in afganastan.

R35
View Quote

I have long felt that those being given political asylum in the US should receive basic and parachute training, a surplus rifle and basic load, and receive a one way trip on a C-130 to remedy whatever inequity that caused them to leave.  Harsh but effective.

Discussion?  

Would Miami still be part of the US?
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:45:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:  

Would Miami still be part of the US?
View Quote

Miami would still be a part of the US but the language of the Miami City Council would be English not Spanish.

Oh, Castro would still be in Cuba but would be taking a "dirt-nap !"
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:52:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Let 'em boycott. It'll thin out the herd waiting to get in to the theater.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:59:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Let 'em boycott. It'll thin out the herd waiting to get in to the theater.
View Quote

Somali - "thin"?

Is that you Imbrog|io?
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 11:09:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Two words, FUCK THEM!!!

Id send every last cocksucking skinny back that says a fucking word about this movie. They obviously aren't very greatfull to be part of this great country we call AMERICA.

This stuff kills me, all the scurge of the earth come here from these armpit countries to reap the benefits of this country that their boil on the earths ass couldn't provide. Then!! when the pigs get here they raise flags and paste bumper stickers giving props and loyalty to the shithole they just left.

I see this roach coach on the road the other day doing 20MPH in a 55 because it's jam packed with about 20 turds in it. As I start to pass I see that the fucking POS has personalized tags that read "ECUADOR". WTF over!! am I missing something here??

I felt like ramming that fucking car of the road.

Im not rude!! just a little misguided and highly motivated. What can I say? Uncle Sam made me this way!!! [x]

Semper-Fi Do or Die gents, 03 out!! [sniper]
View Quote

What he said.

havoc
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 1:30:01 PM EDT
[#31]
I wonder if Somali television is inundated with commercials that say "For just the price of your morning khat, you can sponsor a needy child living in poverty in a New York (or any other big U.S. city) ghetto"

That "Somali American" was on one of the Fox News shows (cant remember which one) spouting his "BHD portrays Somalis as savages" crap, and the Fox dude says "No, I think it was portraying the Somalis who were attacking the American service men, and dragging dead Americans through the streets as savages, and they WERE."
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 1:42:03 PM EDT
[#32]
they are either with us or against us
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 1:46:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I wonder if Somali television is inundated with commercials that say "For just the price of your morning khat, you can sponsor a needy child living in poverty in a New York (or any other big U.S. city) ghetto"

That "Somali American" was on one of the Fox News shows (cant remember which one) spouting his "BHD portrays Somalis as savages" crap, and the Fox dude says "No, I think it was portraying the Somalis who were attacking the American service men, and dragging dead Americans through the streets as savages, and they WERE."
View Quote
 yeah what he said and I voted 'NO' and I saw the film. Most of the actors that were in the movie that did not have weapons didn't strike me as savages. They appeared scared for their lives because they had no weapons to defend themselves against the warlords. Kinda like it's been happening since the beginning of time. Kinda like they will feel here after the fu-king liberals disarm Amerika!!! [shock]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 2:02:10 PM EDT
[#34]
There just pissed off because they know
       "PAYBACK TIME IS NEAR"

Link Posted: 1/20/2002 2:17:38 PM EDT
[#35]
somali-Americans?  

i hear the airlines are safer now. go back to where you goddamned came from.

this shit pisses me off so much,  im at a loss for words. assholes.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 2:20:39 PM EDT
[#36]
The film already Somalia slack when it does NOT show Somalian Gunmen hiding behind Women and Children and using them for Shields to fire behind.  I think they should know when to shut up

Benjamin
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Do you think "Black Hawk Down" creates an unfairly negative image of Somalis?  

Yes (I've seen the film).     12%  419 votes  
No (I've seen the film).     58%  2068 votes  
I haven't seen the film.     30%  1082 votes  
                        Total:  3569 votes  

This is the poll after I voted NO...it appears that most people agree that the "Skinnies" should stop bitching!

medcop
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 2:53:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 3:18:20 PM EDT
[#39]
No = 58%

F**K them AND the international red cross that is whining about the inhuman treatment of the killers sent to cuba.

These drugged-out animals kill peacekeepers, steal food from the starving and kill Americans and drag them thru the streets. so this is supposed to be a positive image for this pile of dung country.  i am sensative to their feelings.

i'm hoping that payback is a real bitch.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 3:39:20 PM EDT
[#40]
What would they have said if the movie had shown the truth......
Butchering the UN peacekeepers and then dismembering them.

Shooting from behind the cover of women and children.

Dragging the bodies of dead US servicemen and behaving like animals.

I do not have a very high appreciatation for their morals and way of life. They better fucking keep their heads down, since Somalia is about the next on the list with the terrorists in the Philippines islands, i think it is payback time for Oct 3rd 1993.

Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:05:18 PM EDT
[#41]
OK I just saw the movie...F___ Them!!!, scratch my previous, "nicey nicey" post.  brought back old memories of seeing the bodies dragged in the streets.  F___ them!
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:19:32 PM EDT
[#42]
I have made the very difficult decision that my entire family will be boy-cotting
[puke]Somalian[rocket]products.
Will someone post a list of the things they produce so I can start my protest?
This will be very hard on my kids as they love to go to the beach and light tires on fire.

[:)>]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:27:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Somali americans? One thing they need to get strait is they are either Americans from Somali, or they are Somalians. One or the other. You either support Americans defending themselves, or you support Somalians trying to kill them, preaty clear cut!
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:33:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Introduce Somalia to the daisy cutter.  John
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:39:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I have made the very difficult decision that my entire family will be boy-cotting
View Quote

Ummmm....

More Somalis?

A target rich environment!
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#46]
As of right now, 1 in 6 people that have seen this great film voted that it "creates an unfairly negative image of Somalis."

I just saw this film, and I can not find one, not one scene that "creates an unfairly negative image of Somalis."

If anything the film goes out of its way to show the peaceful people in Somalia that wanted nothing to do with this conflict.

The only Somalis that were negative were shooting guns at our solders.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 9:15:40 AM EDT
[#47]
If they don't like it they can LEAVE!
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 9:28:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Those Somalis can kiss my big Chinese ass.  They acted like savages and the movie actually did not show all the sickening things they did to the peace keeper or the American fighting men. I think they should thank Ridley Scott for being so kind to them.  Since Dec. 18th, I have seen this movie four times, every time I walk out of the theater, I get Pi$$ed off.  I think if we ever go back, AC130, amour, and maybe a few daisy cutters is in order.  Level the place and leave no man standing.

I was watching CNN last night on the incident; they mention October 3rd is actually some type of holiday in Somalia, for what the gov't is worth, they actually hold celebration.  Bastards.  They show the ungrateful mentality of the people of Somalia.

Link Posted: 1/21/2002 9:39:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This will be very hard on my kids as they love to go to the beach and light tires on fire.

View Quote

[url]http://www.buysomali.com/index.html[/url]

Here you go. As you can see, the Somali's are one of the region's most successful producers of... umm... dirt, and, umm... well, they have some dirt in Somalia.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 10:33:48 AM EDT
[#50]
If those A-holes think Somalia is so great then they should go back there-NOW! They seem to forget they are AMERICANS now - they came to AMERICA to escape that hellhole or have they forgotten why they left.
Finnbear out
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top