Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2009 4:11:48 PM EDT
I have never taken the time to learn how to take a picture that I get emailed to me and then post it onto a webpage.

The only way I know to post pics to the web is by uploading my own pictures to a web host, such as Photo Bucket.

Is there a simple way to take an image I get through email and post it directly onto a website? Or does it have to be transferred theough PB as well? If so, what is the process?

I get pictures all the time emailed to me, and I know how to save them into a folder in My Documents, but I want a way to quickly throw them up on a forum such as Arf.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:29:42 PM EDT
[#1]
The image files have to be hosted somewhere, either on the server itself (arfcom allows that if you're a paying member) or from a service such as photobucket.  You could do it from your own PC, but then you would need a static ip, etc, etc, etc.  for the most part it's easier just to use a service.

eta: Gold Membership = 10MB storage Platinum = 50MB
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:40:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I didnt realize I could use arfcom to host pictures. How much room does the standard membership get? How does one go about using the service?
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:45:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Tinypic is all you need, and its free.

http://tinypic.com/

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 5:06:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had a PB account for years, I was just wondering if there was a way to get pics from email to website without using a host.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top