Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2009 1:21:07 PM EDT
hello;

local cabelas has remington small rifle primers in stock.  stood next to a man as he loaded 25k, no typo -25,000 - 5 -cases holding 5k primers in each case.  asked the man is was buying for himself and friends.  his answer was "no, buying them just to have".   asked if had an ar type rifle.  answer "nope".    he was buying primers as an investment.  price was $160 per 5k primer case.

rp
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 1:45:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Lightweight...
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 1:47:19 PM EDT
[#2]
It's genius!  He buys $800 worth of primers and if the price goes from $160/case to $180/case, he makes  $100.  Or else in two years his basement gets flooded and they become worth $0.  

Don't any of these morons realize that the price would have to rise an order of magnitude or more and you would have to buy and hold a dozen or more pallets of fucking primers in order to realize any kind of worthwhile gain from this kind of time arbitrage?

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I try to keep 15K on stock when you could get them, 25K is not out of line.
Oh, that is 15K or small pistol, and 15K or large pistol, and 15K of large rifle, and 15K of small rifle.
Really should up that to 25K for pistols though.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 1:49:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the reminder. I need to buy more primers.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 1:53:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I try to keep 15K on stock when you could get them, 25K is not out of line.

Oh, that is 15K or small pistol, and 15K or large pistol, and 15K of large rifle, and 15K of small rifle.

Really should up that to 25K for pistols though.

This

I have to catch up on my Large Pistol and Large Rifle though...

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 1:56:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered 10K of small pistol primers from Midway during the 15 minutes that they had some in stock. Those should let me load at least the brass that I have on hand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top