Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2009 9:00:51 AM EDT
Pew Research has released a new survey that clearly shows support for our Second Amendment rights is growing. While the Pew Research Survey doesn’t show exactly the same long-term time trends as the recent Gallup Poll I covered in April, it shows similar demographic patterns. The article covers both gun control and abortion, and in my opinion misleadingly indicates that both have moved in a “more conservative direction over the past year.” While abortion is an issue that breaks down readily along liberal/conservative lines, support for the Second Amendment isn’t monopolized by the political right. Social libertarians are also strong proponents of Second Amendment rights, and quite frankly I’d like to see the issue become non-partisan as the Constitution only empirically supports one interpretation.

More here:

http://fingolfen.blogspot.com/2009/05/pew-research-survey-shows-increasing.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top