Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2002 4:13:56 PM EDT
Has anyone here ever heard of them or done business with them.

I came home to find a salesman from them in my living room, and now the fiancee' is mad at me for not wanting to spend more a month on food when we don't spend near that now.

So, does anyone have any experience with them?  Are their food any better than the grocery store?  

I am trying to keep an open mind here, but all the bells and whistles in the back of my head kept going off, so any input would be VERY MUCH appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 5:09:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 6:31:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I did a search and found this site which has some links you should check out:[url]http://freeweb.pdq.net/srhunter/colorada.htm[/url]I've never used them and after reading that site I never will.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 9:23:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I use Colorado Prime I have been somewhat happy with them. The only draw back is the sales reps that set you up they are a pain in the a$$. Overall it has been good. We only get meat from them and have been very happy with that. All other products i was not happy with. Once you learn how to work ther system they are easier to deal with.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 5:40:21 AM EDT
[#4]
thank you for your information gentlemen.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 10:13:39 AM EDT
[#5]
you know damn good and well that is not why i'm pissed.

if you want to get some info and opinions on them that's perfectly fine with me.  but don't you [b]dare[/b] make me out to be the bad guy after what you did.  and don't use me as your excuse.

you think i was pissed then, just wait until you get home! [;)]

edited to add smiley cuz i'm cooling off!
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 10:26:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 10:50:30 AM EDT
[#7]
We came really close to getting involved.  | feel like I dodged a bullet.  The day we signed up there was an expose` on 20/20 or 60 Minutes about their deceptive tactics and price gouging.  One analysis was that they were really in the freeze-sales business.  Poke around the net, do a search on google-groups (formerly dega-news) you'll find plenty of reasons to stay away.

I was able to call our salesman back and get my check and paperwork back from him before he submitted it.  Thank the maker I did too, after hearing all the bad stuff about them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 10:52:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Are these the meat guys?
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 10:54:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Matt_S,

You had any forced entry training?  Just curious.  [;)]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 12:00:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Matt_S,

You had any forced entry training?  Just curious.  [;)]
View Quote

I don't get it, I can't force my way into my house.  She is in there, is mad, has all the weaponry, and is a better shot than me.

I knew I should have brought the truck into work this morning, more room in the back to sleep![BD]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 12:19:22 PM EDT
[#11]
If I were you, I would tell my fiancee not to let ANYONE she doesnt know personally into the house. A female who lets "salesmen" into the house is asking for trouble in my opinion...
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 12:33:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If I were you, I would tell my fiancee not to let ANYONE she doesnt know personally into the house. A female who lets "salesmen" into the house is asking for trouble in my opinion...
View Quote

That generally is our policy and I appreciate your concer.  I was not worried about her though.  I do not think a man will get close enough to her to prevent her from putting 11 .357SIG slugs in his chest.  (she stays well armed, that is one of the reasons I love her so much, you should see here when I go out of town, ever see a female Rambo???)

If they make it past that, she'd likely pistol whip 'em.  She is hardly an easy mark.  I've wrestled with her before, and she doesn't play fair!!!!  
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 12:57:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

so in your opinion, would she deserve what she got?

and in your opinion, are males the only ones qualified to open the door?

i think i understand the point you were trying to make but it came off extremely sexist and belittling.  of course, with the mood i'm in right now, i'd probably find something wrong with fuzzy baby bunnies being posted.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 1:25:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Can't win this one guys.  Have a great day ARlady (you to Matt)!
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 2:51:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#16]
So has Matt got home and received his beating yet? If so, are there any pics?

[BD]

Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:23:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Matt, go buy her a couple of new mags and some ammo for that 228 ( more better than roses ) and  be gentile and apologetic. Shes a good gal, dont let her get away.
View Quote

Be gentile?  Or be gentle?
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:29:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Matt, go buy her a couple of new mags and some ammo for that 228 ( more better than roses ) and  be gentile and apologetic. Shes a good gal, dont let her get away.
View Quote

Be gentile?  Or be gentle?
View Quote

Since he was a bad boy gentile is the word
View Quote

Okay, t'anks C&L, I just wanted to be clear on that!! LOL
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:41:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Matt.

Is this the real reason of why there was a GUY in your house...;)

Go get a month worth of flowers or no "lovin'" tonight...
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 5:03:37 PM EDT
[#21]
no beating, at least not on human flesh.  we did take the AK out to the range (it's my frustration weapon of choice) and i was blasting the iron marker at 300 yds all evening long.  (was particularly funny when the guy down the row a bit kept looking over at me and trying to hit the same marker with his AK and couldn't.  he acted like it was my fault.)

matt clarified what he meant in the message and apologized.  and i apologized for being so grumpy too.  all's well.

no blood spilled tonight, sorry.  [:D]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 5:06:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

i think i understand the point you were trying to make but it came off extremely sexist and belittling.  of course, with the mood i'm in right now, i'd probably find something wrong with fuzzy baby bunnies being posted.
View Quote

Hell no she wouldnt deserve it. Guys should get their dicks cut off if they legitimately rape a girl(opposed to a made up story of a rape).All I know is that statistically, male rapists prey on females (except in prison, that's another story). If she has a gun to protect herself, then that's different, but it seems a big risk for an alone female to let a random salesman INTO the house (maybe that's because I'm from the city?). I'm sure that most women who have been raped didn't think it would happen to them. I'm just very protective of women because most of the ones I know don't have guns and would be hard-pressed to defend themselves against a violent rapist. Just offering a suggestion, no offense meant...
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 5:51:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 5:56:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Hell no she wouldnt deserve it. Guys should get their dicks cut off if they legitimately rape a girl(opposed to a made up story of a rape).All I know is that statistically, male rapists prey on females (except in prison, that's another story). If she has a gun to protect herself, then that's different, but it seems a big risk for an alone female to let a random salesman INTO the house (maybe that's because I'm from the city?). I'm sure that most women who have been raped didn't think it would happen to them. I'm just very protective of women because most of the ones I know don't have guns and would be hard-pressed to defend themselves against a violent rapist. Just offering a suggestion, no offense meant...
View Quote

sorry about that last post.  was posting when i was really pissed and i shouldn't do that.  matt is just as protective, always reminding me to be "snug", our little code word for talking about carrying so we don't freak out the public if they hear us.  and i always do.  i had the glock on the hip the whole time the guy was giving me the speech.  i can understand your frustration with the women you know not carrying or at least having a firearm for protection.  my mom irks me for exactly the same reason, as she's all alone with my very old and feeble grandpa.  grrrrr.  womenz!!!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 6:02:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
sorry about that last post.  was posting when i was really pissed and i shouldn't do that.  matt is just as protective, always reminding me to be "snug", our little code word for talking about carrying so we don't freak out the public if they hear us.  and i always do.  i had the glock on the hip the whole time the guy was giving me the speech.  i can understand your frustration with the women you know not carrying or at least having a firearm for protection.  my mom irks me for exactly the same reason, as she's all alone with my very old and feeble grandpa.  grrrrr.  womenz!!!!
View Quote

No problem, here is a link to my area's crime stats. Rape is 4 Times the National average, SCARY!!
[url]http://www.crime.com/crimestats/pages/county_47157.htm[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top