Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2009 11:30:21 AM EDT
I have a 17yr old step-son and a 15 month old son.  My wife is pregnant again (don't know how that happened ) and we had our ultra-sound today.  IT'S GOING TO BE A GIRL!!!!!!!!  The shit is going to hit the fan.  I've already been pricing bars for the windows.  Just kidding.  I am happy, just wanted to share.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 11:32:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats.  I Love my daughter.  They do have their own issues.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 11:33:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 11:34:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a daughter and a son. I love them both to death but there is a "different" kind of "bond" with my daughter. Ya know, that - Nobody will ever look at or touch her and she will live with me and be happy until she's 50 y/o kind of bond.

Oh, don't freak out when you change her diaper after she's born and find a little blood in it. Yes, thats right - blood. It seems newborn girls have some of mom's hormones flowing through them (makes sense) and it causes them to have little mini periods. Fucking hospital staff forgot to tell me that shit - I almost passed out.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 11:37:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm betting you have a shotgun, Home Depot's having a sale on shovels......
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 11:37:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Congrats!!! You'll enjoy having a girl. Hopefully she'll like to go shooting with you!
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 11:41:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a daughter and a son. I love them both to death but there is a "different" kind of "bond" with my daughter. Ya know, that - Nobody will ever look at or touch her and she will live with me and be happy until she's 50 y/o kind of bond.

Oh, don't freak out when you change her diaper after she's born and find a little blood in it. Yes, thats right - blood. It seems newborn girls have some of mom's hormones flowing through them (makes sense) and it causes them to have little mini periods. Fucking hospital staff forgot to tell me that shit - I almost passed out.

Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 11:41:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Damn, sucks to be you!  Wife and I just found out ours is going to be a BOY yesterday!

Mike
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 11:41:27 AM EDT
[#8]
It's all fun and games until someone puts up a "Countdown to Legal" webpage.

Link Posted: 4/24/2009 11:44:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Oh, man, SO sorry.  Congrats, too.

I have a boy who's 3 - he's my best friend in the world; we clear zombies out of the house with his slightly-more-plastic-than-mine Glock, we watch zombie and horror flicks, he loves to get me beers from the fridge then sneak a few drinks because it pisses off mommy....

Then, 5 months ago (to the day, wow look at that), my wife squirted out a baby girl.  I love her to death, BUT....

What's the saying?

"At first, I only had to worry about ONE swigin' dick... now, IT'S ALL OF THEM."  
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 11:44:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Congrats, man

Have you picked out her rifle yet?
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 11:45:15 AM EDT
[#11]
i have two girls; you'll be fine. If you can raise the  boys you have without issues, girls aren't any more difficult.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 11:48:59 AM EDT
[#12]
15 years fron now..

"Daddy- his name is Spike, he has a harley and we're in love..."

Link Posted: 4/24/2009 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#13]
I've got two girls, 2 1/2 and 1 month.  I was at first a little bummed about not having a son, but really doesn't matter once you actually meet them.  As long as you raise them to take care of them self and not be a sissy, you're fine.  I'm hoping mine will be on here complaining about me not buying them the right AR gear years from now.  Here's a great baby shower gift for you.

http://www.itechnews.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/Hello-Kitty-AR-15-Rifle.jpg
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 11:52:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have a 17yr old step-son and a 15 month old son.  My wife is pregnant again (don't know how that happened ) and we had our ultra-sound today.  IT'S GOING TO BE A GIRL!!!!!!!!  The shit is going to hit the fan.  I've already been pricing bars for the windows.  Just kidding.  I am happy, just wanted to share.

Congratulations.

The wife also had a ultrasound today and it looks like we will be having son number 3
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 11:56:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I've got two girls, 2 1/2 and 1 month.  I was at first a little bummed about not having a son, but really doesn't matter once you actually meet them.  As long as you raise them to take care of them self and not be a sissy, you're fine.  I'm hoping mine will be on here complaining about me not buying them the right AR gear years from now.  Here's a great baby shower gift for you.

He lives in a free state and does not need that abortion of a grip.

Link Posted: 4/24/2009 11:57:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Congrats!
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 12:00:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Congrats to all 3 in this thread!!

I have a 2 year old girl, she's great, you'll be fine!
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 12:00:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Congrats on your new baby!

My wife and I are expecting a girl in August.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 12:01:36 PM EDT
[#19]
God damn son.

You do work QUICK.

Link Posted: 4/24/2009 12:03:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, unfortunately that's the coolest pic I could find.  Hopefully all of our kids can grow up with what ever kind of grip, stock, flash hider, or mag capacity they want.  That's why they were born here.

Link Posted: 4/24/2009 12:09:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Congrats!!!!  I have two little girls, one is 2 and the other is 4.  Not old enough to learn how to shoot yet!!!  I really wanted a boy when we first got pregnant, but the first time you hold your little girl in your arms, you will understand.....your heart will just melt!!!

I feel sorry for any boys learking around about 16 years from now, I feel certain I will be cleaning my guns quite often!!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 7:38:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I've made a point of telling both my daughters that when I meet the guy for the first time I'll have him come into the kitchen where I'll be cleaning my 1911.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
... we had our ultra-sound today. IT'S GOING TO BE A GIRL!!!!!!!! The shit is going to hit the fan. I've already been pricing bars for the windows...

It could have been worse...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/HardShell/RWB%20Family/MSfinallyathomewithDaddy-SMALLEST.jpg

Congrats!!!

Congrats to the OP! also, cute kids Hardshell.  It's always nice to put a face to a name as well.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:05:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Congrats, man

Have you picked out her rifle yet?

Hell I'm still working on my first AR.  I picked up a .22 LR for the son last week and I plan on building ARs for both of them when I can.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:07:30 PM EDT
[#26]
With a boy you have one dick to worry about.

With a girl you have to worry about ALL of them!
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:09:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
God damn son.

You do work QUICK.

I wanted 2 boys and to be closer in age, but I guess the wife has some say so in it as well (damn feminists). So when the girl is born, my little boy will be 20 months.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It almost looks decent with that grip in pink-I wouldn't complain as much as the same grip in black. Maybe because the pink color takes away the "military" look, so it might as well be modified a bit more...

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:21:45 PM EDT
[#29]
She will be attached to daddy at the hip, trust me my four vie for every bit of my waking consciousness.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:40:27 PM EDT
[#30]
My two girls are fantastic. They are beautiful, intelligent , love to shoot, and my model beautiful daughter JUST asked me if she could keep my car service ramps so she can change her own oil.

My son is great too. But this thread is daughter-centric.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:46:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Good luck to you sir.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top