Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2009 7:15:40 AM EDT
Anapod works "ok", but is really suboptimal when dealing with several IPODs on 2 computers. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 11:17:23 AM EDT
[#1]
thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 8:38:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Bueller?
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 9:06:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I've heard that Rockbox is the best firmware/software to use, but I've honestly never gotten around to putting it on my Ipod.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 9:09:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've heard that Rockbox is the best firmware/software to use, but I've honestly never gotten around to putting it on my Ipod.

Do you know if Rockbox lets you use WMP rather than iTunes?
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 9:12:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm honestly not sure, there's a whole site dedicated to the Rockbox ware though, just use some google-fu, and I'm sure it'll pop up.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 9:13:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I use Rockbox on my Sansa

If you like being limited and not having as much control as a user of YOUR product, then stick with the OEM software
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 9:17:31 AM EDT
[#7]
how about you go to iLounge and ask this question. Ya might get a few more answers.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 9:49:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm honestly not sure, there's a whole site dedicated to the Rockbox ware though, just use some google-fu, and I'm sure it'll pop up.

You can mange it with any software that can manage a mas storage mp3 player. I have rockbox on my gen1 nano, and love it. Just drag and drop in a folder and the firmware can self manage.

Also just as a note, you can't load rockbox on 6th Gen iPods, only 5.5 and earlier.

EDIT: So after reading you seem to want management software, while keeping the iPod firmware

Songbird –– I enjoyed this when I used it. Easy, cover management and all the fancy stuff. Works with multiple iPods on a single system, or an iPod using multiple systems

YamiPod –– This is a small self-executable that you can store on the device in mass storage mode. Just put the iPod in diskmode, hook it up to a PC and run the software. Then you can copy music on it from anywhere. Works with Linux, Mac, and Windows.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 9:54:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 2:19:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone here have any experience with Winamp?  I'm looking to replace iTunes with an MP3 based player and I've heard it works well.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 4:00:57 PM EDT
[#11]
mediamonkey
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 4:04:37 PM EDT
[#12]
What is the best site to explain the basics of all this iPod stuff?
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 4:08:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:36:27 PM EDT
[#14]
BTT because anapod (redchair) won't answer my emails and mediamonkey won't let me transfer playlists. HELP!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top