Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2002 12:08:55 PM EDT
Now that the less important Wild Card games are out of the way, its time to worry about the big ones.  This weekend we have:

Philadelphia
at [i]Chicago[/i]

[i]Green Bay[/i]
at St. Louis

[i]Oakland[/i]
at New England

[center][b]AND[/b][/center]

Baltimore
at my [i]Pittsburgh Steelers[/i]

I've italicized my picks (which I know I'm gonna catch some heat from for some of them).

What are your favorites?
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 12:24:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Weelll,,, Here goes:

Phili beats Chicago
St. Louis beats Greenbay
Oakland beats New England
and last but not least,

Baltimore THRASHES Pittsburg.

Then again, what do I know.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 1:34:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I am going to assume you are a Phili fan, because anyone that thinks the Eagles can beat da Bears is either moronic or....an eagles fan.[:)]

And dammit, pick who you want, but spell Pittsburg[b]h[/b] correctly!

[img]sportsmed.starwave.com/i/nfl/clubhouse/pit.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 1:50:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Chicago over Philly

St. Louis over the Packers

New England over Oakland

Steelers beat Baltimore
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 1:53:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Green Bay will upset St. Louis
Chicago will beat Philly
New England will DESTROY Oakland
and in the Upset of all upsets....
Baltimore will beat Pittsburgh by 2 points, with Kris Brown missing a 27 yd. Field Goal as time expires.

[}:D]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 2:07:03 PM EDT
[#5]
BEARS beat eagles

butt fart and the cheesebags are humiliated by the rams

patriots beat raiders

steelers beat ravens

super bowl ?????? how about a re-match... BEARS and patriots in the same stadium as last time with the same results.

[size=5]DA-BEARS !!!![/size=5]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/SPECTRE%2Fbutkus1a%2Ejpg[/img]

Link Posted: 1/14/2002 2:24:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am going to assume you are a Phili fan, because anyone that thinks the Eagles can beat da Bears is either moronic or....an eagles fan.[:)]
View Quote

Well, I've been insulted before, but THIS takes the cake!!!  BTW, I chose the Eagles over the Bears pretty much at random. 50/50 and all that. But, alas, I'm not an Eagles fan. This should help clarify things:

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/gus%2FRavens%2Ejpg[/img]

And dammit, pick who you want, but spell Pittsburg[b]h[/b] correctly!
View Quote

My bad....  maybe I should have just referred to them as the Squeelers???[:D]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 2:34:47 PM EDT
[#7]
New England will walk over Oakland and Pittsburg (Cordell can't run against New England's defense) but will lose to Chicago or St. Louis in the Superbowl.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Phili fan, Brown--er, Raven fan...I knew there was some kind of mental issue.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:46:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Phili fan, Brown--er, Raven fan...I knew there was some kind of mental issue.
View Quote

LOL!!!  Hey, I agree I'm mental at times, but you're the one who LIVES in Md.!!![;D]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:48:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Dammit!
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Green Bay will meet Chicago in the NFC finals. Favre will pull it out in the final minutes of the 4th. quarter as he always does. Who gives a $hit about the AFC...

[:P] [;)]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey, look at it this way. In the unlikely event that Pittsburg[b]h[/b] beats the Ravens next week, I can then root for the Steelers since they are from my state,  mmkay???

Edited to add: If it comes down to Phili vs Pitt, I'll be cheering for Pittsburgh!
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 5:02:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hey, look at it this way. In the unlikely event that Pittsburg[b]h[/b] beats the Ravens next week, I can then root for the Steelers since they are from my state,  mmkay???

Edited to add: If it comes down to Phili vs Pitt, I'll be cheering for Pittsburgh!
View Quote

Thats fine....looks like the Steelers will have a new fan come next weekend, eh?  [;)]

If Baltimore wins...I'll root for every team that plays them onward.  If they were still the true Browns, they would have my full seal of approval.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 5:06:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Well then, who is it that the folks in Cleveland are cheering for? Hey, we got over the Colts leaving, and they weren't kind enough to let us keep our name or colors.
And, I never said I would be a Steeler's "fan", just that compared to all the others left I would find them least offensive. Afterall, even before I was a Colts fan, I was a Cowboys fan!!!
And still am!
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 5:10:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Head into the chat room, gus....
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 5:26:29 PM EDT
[#16]
I think you guys are smoking something if you believe that Green Bay will take down the Rams in St. Louis.

Pittsburgh and St. Louis in the Bowl. Rooting for the Steelers but have a sinking feeling that the Rams will come out on top.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Who cares? The Rams will win the Super Bowl.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Who cares? The Rams will win the Super Bowl.
View Quote

I seem to remember hearing that being said last year too!!

FWIW, I do think the Rams are the strongest team out there right now.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:45:45 PM EDT
[#19]
I'll cut to the chase and say it will be a Steelers/Rams Super Bowl, with the Rams winning 41-17
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 8:59:01 PM EDT
[#20]
[b]SF 49ers!!![/b]

Oh you're talking about this year....nevermind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top