Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2002 4:02:43 AM EDT
ok ill start with last friday..

friday there was found taped to the mirror in the females room of a local school a letter stating that there would be a "mass shooting" sometime in the next week..

as it happens a local home was broken into and several weapons have been stolen. at least a few of witch were "assault weapons". the owner is retired military and the weapons were secured in a gun cabinet. the firearms were all that was taken, and maby some ammo too..

the cops are keeping this as much under wraps as possable.. there is no media talk of the weapons only the note. and THE SCHOOL IS STILL OPEN.. only one weapon has been recovered, (found on side of the road, as the perps couldn't get the trigger lock off) that leaves 10 unaccounted for rifles. AND THE DAMN SCHOOL IS STILL OPEN...

there is an "increased police presance" at the school but thats it.  i can see the draconian gun laws that they are going to pass here now. just in case they need assistance i am redying some ar mags..

this is bulls+it,l they arent telling the people everything, and they are putting hundreds of students in the path of danger. and this could effect every gun owner in the state.

lookout, TSHTF is comeing to a theater near you.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:23:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I would bet that the school has a few new crossing guards, lunch servers, substitute teachers, etc. right now.  Look close--they probably have a slight buldge somewhere on their persons.  

I have to agree with keeping the school open--regardless of a threat.  The parents should be informed of the threat and theft, and make their own informed decision, but you cannot let threats control your lives.  But the authorities should also be taking precautions.

AFARR
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:25:27 AM EDT
[#2]
How long should they close the school?

Is there any reason to believe that the gun theft and the note are related in some way?

What does this situation have to do with SHTF?

-Velveeta
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:27:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I think they're doing the right thing.  Everyone can't stop their lives because someone makes a threat.  However, increased police presense does address the threat if it does materialize.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:40:43 AM EDT
[#4]
In MA you should've seen the school, police, and media completely lose it when a note such as that was found on the floor, the kid who wrote it was ratted out by a friend and the police searched the kids home.  The note made mention of using firearms to kill people, but none were found in the kids home and none were reported stolen.  All they found were some shotgun shells and 'bomb making materials' [rolleyes] IIRC.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 5:35:38 AM EDT
[#5]
sorry if i offended anyone, it just sems to me like more should be done.

after all there is a known threat, and firearms have been stolen by students of this same school, (not sure if i mentioned that in the origional thread) the cops havn't even taken out A search warrant for the premisis that they belive the firearms are at. some of the perps were seen leaving the residence by a neighbor. (who is a relative of one of my co-workers)

if something happens, and only what has been done has been done, it will be a very bad thing.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 5:47:56 AM EDT
[#6]
What's outrageous, if you ask me, is how some people think a gun cabinet is a safe and secure method for storing guns.  Do you think teh military stores weapons in glass fronted cases?  Why not?

[Kinison mode] BECAUSE IT'S GLASS!!! [/Kinison mode]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 5:56:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Obviously, the weapons theft needs to be investigated. But I would wager that it and the note are not related. If we close the school every time that a threat is received, no matter how credible, it serves only to encourage the threats.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 5:59:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
sorry if i offended anyone, it just sems to me like more should be done.
View Quote

Could you give specifics of what you mean by “more”?

after all there is a known threat,
View Quote

And how many threats do schools get a week?  Not to downplay this but it is far from an immanent threat.  How many actual school shootings had a similar threat beforehand? 0?

and firearms have been stolen by students of this same school,
View Quote

What?  How do you know this?  Has there been a conviction?  Do you have personal knowledge?  If so please call the police.

(not sure if i mentioned that in the origional thread) the cops havn't even taken out A search warrant for the premisis that they belive the firearms are at.
View Quote

How do you know where the cops think the firearms are?  And if they do search every house that they “think” may harbor some illegal activity of sorts isn’t that just one step closer to the “Jack Booted Thugs”/“New World Order” that many people seem so frightened of?  What I see a lot is
“Jack Booted Thug”=The greatest thing ever when [RED][B]I[/B][/RED] want them.
“Jack Booted Thug”=The most evil thing ever when [RED][B]I[/B][/RED] don’t want them.

some of the perps were seen leaving the residence by a neighbor. (who is a relative of one of my co-workers)
View Quote

Well that is great, a friend of a friend said that…Blah, Blah, Blah and all of a sudden they are “perps” which means you know they are guilty.  You should join the New World Order.  [I]“I can tell if a person is guilty just by looking at them”[/I]

if something happens, and only what has been done has been done, it will be a very bad thing.
View Quote

But it would be a great thing if they did more and kids still ended up dying?  Maybe they could search your house too.  You know you have an evil “black rifle” with what I hear now are loaded 30 round mags.  There is not good reason for that now is there?  You MUST be guilty.  

-Velveeta
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:38:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Take a break, V.

You don't have to be a prick every day of your life! [pissed]

(line stolen from "Platoon" [:D])
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:42:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Take a break, V.

You don't have to be a prick every day of your life! [pissed]

(line stolen from "Platoon" [:D])
View Quote

Maybe I am missing something.  What did I say wrong?  

-Velveeta
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 8:22:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What's outrageous, if you ask me, is how some people think a gun cabinet is a safe and secure method for storing guns.  Do you think teh military stores weapons in glass fronted cases?  Why not?

[Kinison mode] BECAUSE IT'S GLASS!!! [/Kinison mode]
View Quote

LOL [:D]

Link Posted: 1/14/2002 8:38:23 AM EDT
[#12]
When I was in High School, according to FBI statistics, Lovejoy HIgh school(where I went) was number 3 in the nation for BOmb threats.
We still went to school. Why do you think new schools are not built with two+ stories anymore and are several layers of cinder-blocks thick? They are also spread out.

The Missing Rifles, if in the hands of 10 juveniles could hardly have covered every major entrance of my former school and thus would be too few to do anykind of major major attack. They would have to already be in the school and planned to place bombs and ammo strategically in order to kill everyone in the school. I would give my child a can of mase or something and show him/her how to use it and if something happens be the first one down there in your truck to pick them up as they come out of the school.

Just My $0.02

-Chuck
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 9:09:28 AM EDT
[#13]
What part of NY?
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 10:58:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Could you give specifics of what you mean by “more”?
View Quote

at least they could look into this seriousely.
the way the cops are acting its like there is no connection between these events.

And how many threats do schools get a week?  Not to downplay this but it is far from an immanent threat.  How many actual school shootings had a similar threat beforehand? 0?
View Quote

thye note was apparently written by a fellow student who overheard a conversation or had intinate knowledge.

What?  How do you know this?  Has there been a conviction?  Do you have personal knowledge?  If so please call the police.
View Quote

the police know, thats part of the stupidity they arent doing anything about it.

How do you know where the cops think the firearms are?  And if they do search every house that they “think” may harbor some illegal activity of sorts isn’t that just one step closer to the “Jack Booted Thugs”/“New World Order” that many people seem so frightened of?  What I see a lot is
“Jack Booted Thug”=The greatest thing ever when [RED][B]I[/B][/RED] want them.
“Jack Booted Thug”=The most evil thing ever when [RED][B]I[/B][/RED] don’t want them.
View Quote

yoyu can bet the cops know whare they are, the excues i get is that they are "waiting for a search warrant", this is something they should have had in a metter of 30 minutes, not two days.

Well that is great, a friend of a friend said that…Blah, Blah, Blah and all of a sudden they are “perps” which means you know they are guilty.  You should join the New World Order.  [I]“I can tell if a person is guilty just by looking at them”[/I]
View Quote

i know this man, and he is not lying. and he knows some of the students that he saw.

But it would be a great thing if they did more and kids still ended up dying?  Maybe they could search your house too.  You know you have an evil “black rifle” with what I hear now are loaded 30 round mags.  There is not good reason for that now is there?  You MUST be guilty.  

-Velveeta
View Quote

1) they are 20 rounders, and there are only three of them.
2) if they are the only line between these kids and the bad guys kids will die. you can't have a cop for every one of severall hundred students.
3) guilty of what? certainly not stealing assault weapons, and plotting to kill hundreds of kids. if self defence ever becomes illegal than they would be better off killing me. i have two scousins in that school.

and one more thing, i never said the cabinate was glass fronted.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 11:25:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
at least they could look into this seriousely.
the way the cops are acting its like there is no connection between these events.
View Quote

Well then what is the connection?  Do you know that one of the people that wrote the note is one of the people who stole the guns?  And you are still being vague…what SPECIFICALLY should they do?

thye note was apparently written by a fellow student who overheard a conversation or had intinate knowledge.
View Quote

And how do you know who wrote this and why?  Do you want to live in a country where someone is “apparently” guilty?

the police know, thats part of the stupidity they arent doing anything about it.

yoyu can bet the cops know whare they are, the excues i get is that they are "waiting for a search warrant"
View Quote

So the cops are either doing nothing about it or waiting for a search warrant.  Do you believe they do not need a search warrant?

i know this man, and he is not lying. and he knows some of the students that he saw.
View Quote

Has he told the police?  If so what did he tell the police? Why didn’t he call the police when the crime was in progress?

1) they are 20 rounders, and there are only three of them.
2) if they are the only line between these kids and the bad guys kids will die. you can't have a cop for every one of severall hundred students.
3) guilty of what? certainly not stealing assault weapons, and plotting to kill hundreds of kids. if self defence ever becomes illegal than they would be better off killing me. i have two scousins in that school.

and one more thing, i never said the cabinate was glass fronted.
View Quote

But are “they” guilty of stealing “assault weapons” (Hmmmmm….That is a good anti tactic. Now they are all assault weapons…the evil black rifle…let us ban them all) without a trial just based on hearsay.  God Bless America.

-Velveeta
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 11:30:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What part of NY?
View Quote

this is in clinton county..  (yeah i know, the name says it all.)
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 11:37:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well then what is the connection?  Do you know that one of the people that wrote the note is one of the people who stole the guns?  And you are still being vague…what SPECIFICALLY should they do?
View Quote

not knowing all of the information, i can't make that decision, however, the police are privy to more info than it i am sure.

And how do you know who wrote this and why?  Do you want to live in a country where someone is “apparently” guilty?
View Quote

i don't know who wrote the note, but i wouldn't discount this altogether.

So the cops are either doing nothing about it or waiting for a search warrant.  Do you believe they do not need a search warrant?
View Quote

i belive it shouldn't take two days to get one.

Has he told the police?  If so what did he tell the police? Why didn’t he call the police when the crime was in progress?
View Quote

yes. everything he knows. and he did, but the kids were gone by the time the cops get there.

But are “they” guilty of stealing “assault weapons” (Hmmmmm….That is a good anti tactic. Now they are all assault weapons…the evil black rifle…let us ban them all) without a trial just based on hearsay.  God Bless America.

-Velveeta
View Quote

this is exactly what i am afraid of.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 12:08:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Are these weapons really assault weapons?

If so then what was the guy doing with illegal weapons to begin with. Is he in jail? Because its illegal to own an assault weapon.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 12:16:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Are these weapons really assault weapons?

If so then what was the guy doing with illegal weapons to begin with. Is he in jail? Because its illegal to own an assault weapon.
View Quote

sorry, i was useing media terms.. i should have typed "sport utility rifles".
and i dont think they were all s.u.r.'s
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 2:14:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Sorry if I misunderstood about the "gun cabinet"- usually that means just a case, easy to get in to and not secure.  

My pet peeve with gun owners is when they don't take security as a deadly serious matter... and if this gun owner was anything less than 100% committed to securing effectively his weapons from theft, he should bear some of the responsibility if they're used to hurt someone.

I jsut hope nobody gets hurt here...
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 2:20:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I jsut hope nobody gets hurt here...
View Quote

agreed, but i really don't know what  type of security he had for these weapons so you may be right for all i know..
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 2:24:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

this is bulls+it,l they arent telling the people everything, and they are putting hundreds of students in the path of danger. and this could effect every gun owner in the state.

lookout, TSHTF is comeing to a theater near you.
View Quote

.....it’s for the children.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 11:11:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 11:20:27 AM EDT
[#24]
SON OF A B!@#$!

If you are talking about MLK HS this was a heck of a heads up.

and yes a sorry,POS,looks like they let theses kids die so they could talk anti-gun crap outrage.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My pet peeve with gun owners is when they don't take security as a deadly serious matter... and if this gun owner was anything less than 100% committed to securing effectively his weapons from theft, he should bear some of the responsibility if they're used to hurt someone.
View Quote

Sorry to tell you this, but a gun owner SHOULDN"T HAVE TO LOCK UP HIS/HER GUNS!!!
But it is a smart thing to do.
I only own 1 AR & 3 pistols, and am not about to spend $1000 on a safe. I keep my AR cable locked to my bed, my .22 in a range case, my .45 by my bed and the glock in my computer room. My daughter doesn't have access to any of the rooms without supervision (ie us in the room with her).
And even if she did, I still wouldn't spend money on a safe. I'd just put them away where she couldn't get them.

(smoke)
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 12:54:00 PM EDT
[#26]
So some neighborhood scumbag decides to check your house out when ya'll are gone for the day, finds the Glock, the .22, and the .45 after a pretty quick look around.  The cable lock may or may not deter the theft of the AR.  Bolt cutters work pretty well on cable locks, BTW.  He sells them for $40 to some homie down the street who later thinks it's cool to take a few quick shots at the gang next block over, only to let loose bullets in god-knows-what direction, perhaps hitting your daughter or somebody else's kids on the way to school.

Many, many guns are stolen just in those type of scenarios, from people who think "I shouldn't have to lock my guns up."  But maybe that doesn't happen in your town...

Sorry to preach, but just like we're responsible for all the rounds that go downrange from our guns, we are also responsible for providing secure storage for them.  Just think, replacing them is going to cost alot more than the cost of a decent safe.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 5:43:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Hope this didn't correspond with the threats:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?ID=86484[/url]

-Gloftoe
View Quote

i don't know if this is related to our incident or not, but the timeing is interesting isnt it..

btw, after the mlk thing i was told that the cops finally arrested two students, but another is still loose, and not all of the weapons have been recovered.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 10:21:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Gloftoe
View Quote

i don't know if this is related to our incident or not, but the timeing is interesting isnt it..
View Quote

The timing is not interesting if it is not the school you were speaking of.

btw, after the mlk thing i was told that the cops finally arrested two students, but another is still loose, and not all of the weapons have been recovered.
View Quote

So no shooting has occurred at the school where they found the note.  So you are saying the police may have acted correctly in this situation?  

-Velveeta
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 12:33:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Gloftoe
View Quote

View Quote

The timing is not interesting if it is not the school you were speaking of.
View Quote

whos to say this wasn't saposed to happen on the same day? some of the inter school organizations (clubs fraternities gangs, etc.) span through several states. i know there was a chapter of the "trench coat mafia" in this school, berofe columbine.

View Quote

So no shooting has occurred at the school where they found the note.  So you are saying the police may have acted correctly in this situation?  

-Velveeta
View Quote

i am saying that it took an incident similar to what was threatened elsewhare in the state to motivate them. this should not have been necesarry.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 1:16:04 PM EDT
[#30]
At my high school we have a kid who has made about 5 threats.  F****d up, mutters to himself and tries to start fights.  Anyway, he's been suspended a couple times, and he was sent to a shrink who says he isn't dangerous.  Hasn't done anything yet, except talk about all of his guns and the way he mutilates small animals.

Sure makes fire drills exciting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top