Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2009 4:19:40 PM EDT
i am buying and selling a bit more on the EE and other sites, and it seems like everyone uses paypal. i went to the paypal site to set up an account, but i see they have several levels of accounts. i do want to buy and sell, so i think i need the mid level account. what kind of fees are associated with paypal? any startup fee? is the money transfered to my paypal account, or directly to my checking account? anything i need to be aware of? thanks, adam
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Works great, I use it alot, Mainly to keep my CC down. Comes from my checking acc. Mostly on Ebay.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:23:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Just know, that if you tie a bank account to it, PP can lock you out of your account should issues arise. And wont release it till issues have been resolved.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:24:28 PM EDT
[#4]
open a new checking account to use to deposit your funds from your paypal account into just incase you get a seller who screws you and says  you never shipped the item...they'll take the money from your account and lock you out

Aside form that they charge 3-4% for the use of their service

Don't ever mention anything close to being gun related
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:26:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I think they deduct 3.5% plus an additional 35 cents or so
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:27:05 PM EDT
[#6]
There are two types of Paypal users:  those who have been screwed over, and those waiting to be screwed over.  And when it's your turn, don't expect any help whatsoever from Paypal.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:28:45 PM EDT
[#8]
You can buy, and sell with a basic account.   I do.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I will never use PayPal due to their anti gun policies.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:29:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just know, that if you tie a bank account to it, PP can lock you out of your account should issues arise. And wont release it till issues have been resolved.

They can lock you out of your bank account? Or just paypal account
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:30:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Hippies.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:30:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Paypal account.

Paypal cant do shit about your bank account.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:31:16 PM EDT
[#13]
ok, so what if i just use it to buy? any real risk involved in losing access to my account? also, is there any initial start up fee?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:36:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Paypal account.

Paypal cant do shit about your bank account.

True, but they refused to transfer $6,000 to my account after selling some metals. They freeze your money after the seller pays and wont let you transfer it. They held it for quite a while before my threatening legal action and getting positive feedback  on all of my sales. I got my money finally and promptly closed both my bank account and Paypal account. Be very careful.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:40:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
ok, so what if i just use it to buy? any real risk involved in losing access to my account? also, is there any initial start up fee?

No, no startup fees.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:40:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I will never use PayPal due to their anti gun policies.

Details?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:40:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If you buy or sell firearms and or firearms accessories, or ammo or anything remotely sounding like guns stuff, they'll shut down your paypal account.

The worst thing about it is if you try to do another one with the same name and address and/or email address, they'll not do it.

It works well and is simple with a bank account tied to it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:44:51 PM EDT
[#18]
I've been using paypal since 2000, you can use it buying and sellling guns and gun stuff all day long as long as you DON'T MENTION ANY GUN WORDS. Yes it's that simple.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:45:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've been using paypal since 2000, you can use it buying and sellling guns and gun stuff all day long as long as you DON'T MENTION ANY GUN WORDS. Yes it's that simple.

It's not you that you have to worry about....it's the idiot buying stuff from you on the EE that you have to worry about
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:12:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not you that you have to worry about....it's the idiot buying stuff from you on the EE that you have to worry about

I agree which is why I normally send them an invoice to pay
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top