Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2009 12:53:30 PM EDT
How awesome was that? Pretty friggin' awesome. No Academy nominations, but a pretty fun movie. 100% ass-whoopin' from start to finish.

Not a date movie on account of incredible amounts of gratuitous spatter, but I liked it. Much better than Pineapple Express.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:55:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I have it sitting here for tonight.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Meh......
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Me too.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:57:55 PM EDT
[#4]
sucked
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:07:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Action packed..I still think the first one was better.

Does it bug anyone else when the main character changes in every movie..meaning the actor.
Bugs me...don't know why it just does.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:11:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Does it bug anyone else when the main character changes in every movie..meaning the actor.

What was the second one?  I thought War Zone was the second...  Yes I'm SOFA KING WE TODD IT!!!  That and too lazy to google.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:16:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

agree.  Liked the guy in the last one, would of liked to see him in this one...so i haven't watched the new one.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:26:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What was the second one?  I thought War Zone was the second...  Yes I'm SOFA KING WE TODD IT!!!  That and too lazy to google.

The last Punisher was a re-make of the Punisher. Technically War Zone is a 3rd Punisher movie, but... aww fuck it.
Put it this way... they've made a rather large mess out of the Punisher franchise from the start.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:29:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I fucking hated that movie, really.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:32:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I fell asleep in the theater.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:33:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The last Punisher was a re-make of the Punisher. Technically War Zone is a 3rd Punisher movie, but... aww fuck it.

Put it this way... they've made a rather large mess out of the Punisher franchise from the start.
Yeah. Dolph Lundgren one from the late 80's (maybe early 90's?) was pretty cheesy. The Thomas Jane one was decent, but they got a bit creative and touchy-feely. With this one, I feel like they captured the comic Punisher pretty well, but if they do a sequel to this, it will end up sucking. I think we should just watch this, revel in the asswhooping, and move on while remembering Frank Castle fondly.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:41:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.

Me too.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:49:40 PM EDT
[#13]
It had a real weak plot line somewhere in between Babylon AD and Doomsday. It had some cool fight scenes though.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:49:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I like it. I like that they went back to the comic in that he was a marine whose family was killed by gangster and he then went to killing them. I liked the Thomas Jane one but it just didn't follow the comic.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:53:09 PM EDT
[#15]
All I can say is that it keep me entertained while I watched. So in that it completed it's function.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:54:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It had a real weak plot line somewhere in between Babylon AD and Doomsday. It had some cool fight scenes though.

Wasn't Babylon supposedly screwed by the production company causing the director and Vin to boycott?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:00:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't Babylon supposedly screwed by the production company causing the director and Vin to boycott?

I would not be surprised the movie seemed like it was going to be good half way through and then sank like the titanic.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:43:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yep, it was terrible.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:47:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Terrible, cartoony, John Woo action with awful acting and no plot. Why can't they make a good Punisher film with a serious tone and realistic gunplay? Man on Fire owns all of the Punisher movies.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:16:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Terrible, cartoony, John Woo action with awful acting and no plot. Why can't they make a good Punisher film with a serious tone and realistic gunplay? Man on Fire owns all of the Punisher movies.

Pssst... It's a COMIC BOOK. Was Spider-man cartoony as well? Why couldn't they make a good Spider-man with serious tone and realistic climbing? Vertical Frontier owns all of the Spiderman movies.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:21:39 PM EDT
[#21]
I rented it a few days ago. Much as I love Titus Pullo, the Tomas Jane one was way better IMHO. The whole duel-wield machine-pistol thing he was doing throughout the movie was just plain
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:22:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Loved it, extreme comic book violence, just what the punisher should be.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:33:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yeah me too.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:03:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pssst... It's a COMIC BOOK. Was Spider-man cartoony as well? Why couldn't they make a good Spider-man with serious tone and realistic climbing? Vertical Frontier owns all of the Spiderman movies.

I realize that not all comic book films can be great, but just look at what Nolan has done with his Batman films. They are dark, serious films while staying true to the roots of the comics and the characters. The Punisher comics are more realistic than the Batman comics so it really shouldn't be that difficult to make something of substance that can be enjoyed as a good movie in itself.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:27:19 PM EDT
[#25]
I enjoyed the close quarters gunfights and appreciated the reloads...

Frank Castle does not have unlimited ammo!

The movie was meh...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top