Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/28/2009 12:36:25 PM EDT
any body ever think there are just to many damn people on earth? any more it seems that its just crowded everywhere. every where you go its assholes and elbows. i really dont think it would hurt for something to cull the population by about a third anyone ever think this ?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:42:59 PM EDT
[#1]
liberals.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:43:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Wars used to do this........

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:44:14 PM EDT
[#3]
The world population is already being thinned out by nature in the form of the HIV epidemic.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:45:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The world population is already being thinned out by nature in the form of the HIV epidemic.

But with advances in meds they are having alot of kids before they die...
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:47:20 PM EDT
[#5]
PIE!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:47:22 PM EDT
[#6]
not in
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:49:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Pretty sick.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
any body ever think there are just to many damn people on earth? any more it seems that its just crowded everywhere. every where you go its assholes and elbows. i really dont think it would hurt for something to cull the population by about a third anyone ever think this ?

Zero population again?

I got a letter just after I graduated college inviting me to join a group that advocated reducing the population.  If we do this then we will all be RICH!  No one will have unmet needs, because of all the extra STUFF we will have and there will be no  POOR people anymore.  

Of course, they forget that there will still need to be ditch diggers and janitors.  There will always need to be people lower on the totem pole.  TANSTAAFL.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:54:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I would self 90% welfare recipients. Medicaid as well unless its a child and mother whos working/college

illegals GONE.

Sadly this would get rid of almost all minorities in the USA and be considered racist!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:55:07 PM EDT
[#10]
It'll be 1438 all over again.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:55:49 PM EDT
[#11]
What with global warming, we won't have too much to worry about soon.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:56:29 PM EDT
[#12]
People who live in or near cities love to ponder bullshit like this.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:58:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes there are to many people on the earth, but to reduce by 1/3 isn't enough I propose 70% or more.

I always say "ain't nothing a nuclear winter cant fix".
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:03:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

There used to be a guy at work that seriously believed that the leaders from all the world nations got together and planned out who would fight whom in order to thin the population.

Of course, this was a guy to whom "world travel" meant going from Woodruff, SC to Charlotte, NC.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:06:06 PM EDT
[#15]
This idea is very old, and has been disproved many times, most notably, IMO, by Walter Williams.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:08:32 PM EDT
[#16]
This thread makes me sick.  This is liberal/social ideals.

When did we all the sudden become Eugenic supporters.  Someone remember Hitler?  Stalin?

Everyone on this earth squeezed together in one group could fit inside an average town in the U.S.  We have plenty of room on this earth.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:13:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

When did we all the sudden become Eugenic supporters.  Someone remember Hitler?  Stalin?

Everyone on this earth squeezed together in one group could fit inside an average town in the U.S.  We have plenty of room on this earth.

uhh... 6 billion.... I don't think you comprehend how big this number is.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:16:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Uh, actually everyone on the Earth could fit into the US, with a population density equivalent to Los Angeles..
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:21:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Yep

China + India + Highly infectious & deadly plague = 1 billion dead, easy.
Supervolcano popping....ouch.  
Sizable asteroid impact...ouch again.

It really is just a matter of time, far too many people to feed without good crop yields(and cheap energy to farm them, make fertilizer, transport, maintain infrastructure..."Green" energy policy = Nations relying on the industrialized worlds massive food surplus will starve)
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:23:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Go find your high school teachers and kick their asses and demand your parent's money back.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:30:59 PM EDT
[#21]
This does sound like crazy talk, but after my summer vacation to California, and waiting in LONG lines at seaworld, disney, and every other thing we wanted to do, the thought did cross my mind. I remember being in the wave pool at knox berry farm, and not being able to move. scary feeling. Things were the same on my vacation to the east coast. This is why I will only live in the sparsly populated midwest. To keep my sanity, and stop thinking genocidol thoughts.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I'd choose "your weird", but my grammar Nazi tendencies won't let me.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:14:17 PM EDT
[#23]
bump
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:18:14 PM EDT
[#24]
The market will decide.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:21:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Oh please...
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:25:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Who are you, or who am I, or anyone to decide what the population should be, or who should be "thinned"?

This is all a good idea until some Democrat in Washington, or some UN asshole from Uganda decides they need to rid the world of people like... you.

Or you get a letter from your government in the mail, sorry, but you can only have 2 children.  After your second child, you and your wife will be sterilized.

The illegal Mexican family down the street will have 10 kids, but that is not their concern.  Just you.

Then it's not such a good theory, is it?

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:27:06 PM EDT
[#27]
We just need to stop feeding the people who can't feed themselves.  Instead, we subsidize low to no productivity.  Nature had a built in fix for this, we shouldn't fight mother nature.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:38:08 PM EDT
[#28]
We don't need to cull anyone. Just remove the artificial support system that guarantees the survival of the "unworthy" and the problem is solved.

One way of doing this would be to first declare the use of deadly force in the protection of life and property a natural right followed by cutting off all forms of welfare. The population in many large "urban neighborhoods" will drop quickly.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:39:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
We just need to stop feeding the people who can't feed themselves.  Instead, we subsidize low to no productivity.  Nature had a built in fix for this, we shouldn't fight mother nature.

So, screw the pregnant moms, huh?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:40:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Pretty morbid idea.  I do agree that there's too many people on the Earth but who's to say you won't be one of the ones who goes?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:41:46 PM EDT
[#31]
You ever fly over America and look down? There's all kind of open space out there.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

And plagues.  Nature has its' way of dealing with things.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:47:22 PM EDT
[#33]
i agree, we obliterate China & Mexico ...should be about right...
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#34]
I just read the other day that we could take the entire earths population and fit them all in the state of Texas with a population density lower than some existing cities.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:50:52 PM EDT
[#35]
There was this guy that tried this bout 70 years ago...  Didn't work out well for him.

BTW, for those of you espousing the "let nature take its course route".  Well in nature, might makes right.  So if you believe in allowing nature to do its work, then its not about who can work for a living, its about who is strongest.  You can be a hard ass workin leopard, but when a lion or pack of hyenas walk in for your kill, don't expect them to care that you "deserve" it cause you worked for it...
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:55:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Go find your high school teachers and kick their asses and demand your parent's money back.

Physically, that is correct, we COULD be jam-packed into a very small space, stacked one on top of the other.  This would, of course, kill most of those people and would get far more than the 1/3 drop the OP is looking for.  Don't know the exact size these days, but it was less than 1/2 mile square before.

ETA: not square, cubed.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:58:36 PM EDT
[#37]
The best thing we can do for the world is to cut off all aid to Africa and other foreign nations.  Not only is it a waste of my tax dollars it also puts an ever increasing burden on the world.  There may be plenty of ROOM on the earth for everyone but livable surface area is not exactly the problem.  Food production has pretty much plateaued and we have limited natural resources to work with.  Sure noone deserves to get AIDS, but the natural cycle of life should be followed.  We keep these AIDS victims alive with our tax dollars and they reproduce to create even more problems for our tax dollars.  Instead of having many people die over a period of time and ending many problems, we are setting ourselves up for a huge population crash which is unhealthy for the planet and future generations.  

Also, I never understood the purpose of nursing homes.  Lets drug seniors so much to keep their bodies functioning that they have no idea what is even happening around them.  If someone cannot progress and contribute to their own survival, whats the point of being alive.  I would hate to be a complete burden on the world/society and I will most definitely end it myself before I go to a nursing home (if possible).  

If you think I'm a bit critical and blunt about the situation, just remember, death is a part of living...We all gotta go sometime.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:59:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trolling, or you're incredibly dense.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:03:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Pretty morbid idea.  I do agree that there's too many people on the Earth but who's to say you won't be one of the ones who goes?

Then if I go I won't care anymore.

There has to be more room in heaven right.

Wait all the people that ever lived ever in one place.

Maybe it will be worse there.

Or hot  
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:03:29 PM EDT
[#40]
There are many countries right now with negative population growth such as Russia and several European nations.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:05:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The earth is too crowded?  No.  Get out and travel.  If you do you would realize its cities that are over populated, not the earth.  your question makes you sound like someone who condones mass murderer.

What caused you chose 1/3 of the population?  Just curious because i think i remember the book of revelation saying a pestelance or something kills 1/3 of the population...  so maybe your wish will come true
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Wow, this thread is something else...
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:12:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trolling, or you're incredibly dense.

My point is that making any kind of enforced standard of productivity by which to judge people, is going to be incredibly shaky, at best.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The earth is too crowded?  No.  Get out and travel.  If you do you would realize its cities that are over populated, not the earth.  your question makes you sound like someone who condones mass murderer.

What caused you chose 1/3 of the population?  Just curious because i think i remember the book of revelation saying a pestelance or something kills 1/3 of the population...  so maybe your wish will come true

i said earth because i figured once america has more room it would have more immigrants. no im not racist no i dont condone mass murder. i would condone killing pedophiles lifers in prison any illegal that commits heinous crimes assisted suicides. not keeping people with fatal diseases alive. less people means more food less global warming. less trying to find a job to pay your bills while some worthless fuck collects welfare because they dont have to work. 1/3 was just a random number i picked. things of these nature just a thought i had today and wondered if i was alone oh and the men choice was comical as on arfcom we have a mostly male following and thought less men would mean a better woman toman ratio
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Russia is much larger than the US and has about 1/3rd of the population.

The earth could EASILY support 4 times the current population , people in cities have no clue how much room there is out there.

I live 25 minutes from a top 20 metro area, and while driving a few minutes from home today I realized when I looked in any given direction I could only see a total 1-2 homes in the distance.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:27:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:33:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Big Bizz loves to have too many people compete for everything.
The Country was a rather pleasent place in the mid 60s.What was the population?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:38:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Just the wrong people are reproducing.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#49]
hmmm

Eugenics vs Darwin vs Nannyism...

Fuck government and allow Darwinism to work.   Murdering innocent people is just as evil as allowing innocents  to survive as parasites
Darwin = the only truly objective form of moderation whether thru resource control or population control or any other sort of control
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:43:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Social Security dies with decreased population.  Unless you decide to implement a Logan's Run type of "solution".
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top