Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2009 1:33:00 PM EDT
This isn't necessarily a question for musicians- I want to know something from the average Joe. I'm the singer for a classic rock and alt rock band, and I'm trying to incorporate some new stuff by female vocalists into our classic rock-heavy set list.  There's no shortage of great music (and bad, lol) getting airplay by male vocalists, but I want to showcase my female voice. Anybody got any suggestions? I'm mezzo-soprano with three octaves so just about anything would work. Please for the love of God, no "Free Bird." I said new.  

-Wife O' Mike
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:35:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:37:17 PM EDT
[#2]
If your female voice can sound like Sarah, you win 1000 internets...

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:39:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I second Lacuna Coil.  Also, Evanescence (Amy Lee is such a hottie), or, if you wanted to go Old School, Lita Ford.  And my daughter recommends Flyleaf.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:41:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This isn't necessarily a question for musicians- I want to know something from the average Joe. I'm the singer for a classic rock and alt rock band, and I'm trying to incorporate some new stuff by female vocalists into our classic rock-heavy set list.  There's no shortage of great music (and bad, lol) getting airplay by male vocalists, but I want to showcase my female voice. Anybody got any suggestions? I'm mezzo-soprano with three octaves so just about anything would work. Please for the love of God, no "Free Bird." I said new.  

-Wife O' Mike

I just noticed, that was post 69.  Heh heh.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:43:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I second Lacuna Coil.  Also, Evanescence (Amy Lee is such a hottie), or, if you wanted to go Old School, Lita Ford.  And my daughter recommends Flyleaf.

I recommend them too.

Christian rock that doesn't come off hokey.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:15:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Wife O' Mike

http://www.geocities.com/stimpysvideotrading/bandb.jpg

Hey, you're right. At what arbitrary post count does the official assumption that you're a troll dissipate? This place can be cliquey.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:20:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Post in the musicians forum as you acknowledge exists;to post in the GD about your ability to sing like a pussy is trolling.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:26:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Within Temptation
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#9]
A couple of my favorite female vocalists and/or bands...

Sandi Saraya

Kate Bush

Simone Simons (Epica)

Pat Benetar

Lacuna Coil

Nightwish

New stuff you could always go the Katie Perry route... (she's hawt)
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:33:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Post in the musicians forum as you acknowledge exists;to post in the GD about your ability to sing like a pussy is trolling.

As the "legitimate" posters would say: lol wut?
I don't sing like a "pussy," I am female. RIF, maybe?

_-Wife o' Mike
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:35:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

_-Wife o' Mike

Pics?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A couple of my favorite female vocalists and/or bands...

Sandi Saraya

Kate Bush

Simone Simons (Epica)

Pat Benetar

Lacuna Coil

Nightwish

New stuff you could always go the Katie Perry route... (she's hawt)

Thanks. Katie Perry may be hawt but her vocals/material is pretty uninspiring to me. I'll definitely check out the vocalists you and others have mentionedm, though. Thank you for the suggestions.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:36:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

_-Wife o' Mike

Around here its RIM (Reading Is Mental) and very few actually do it before posting (what they think) is a witty retort.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#14]
"mike72" threw me before the wife o'mike part.Sorry.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:27:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.geocities.com/stimpysvideotrading/bandb.jpg

Hey, you're right. At what arbitrary post count does the official assumption that you're a troll dissipate? This place can be cliquey.

That's not what he meant.  Ask Mike if you're still unclear, maybe he can show you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top