Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2009 12:37:52 AM EDT
I was at fry's tonight and saw it on the shelf, I loved the Zombie theme but was afraid to pay 15 bucks for something i might not like, if I want to spend 15 buck I would go buy 50 rounds of 9 mil at Cabelas.

Has anyone tried this stuff, is it good, what does it taste like?
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 1:05:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Try asking in the Zombie forum...

Link Posted: 3/23/2009 1:39:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Un-Dead Rum?
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 2:45:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I've never heard of it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 2:50:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I heard it tastes like chicken.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 4:20:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I tired it..I liked it...I'd buy it again. KInda reminded me of jello shots.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 7:55:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeah I tired it..I liked it...I'd buy it again. KInda reminded me of jello shots.

That was the answer i was looking for. I'm going to go pick some up the next time i stop there.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 8:04:36 AM EDT
[#7]
A "Zombie" is a name for a mixed drink that uses rum as a major ingredient.  It's basically a Daiquiri (a real one, as in a 'rum sour') with triple sec and OJ plus a floater of 151 or other high-proof rum.  Most people mix in a dash of amaretto as well.  Variations like the "flaming zombie" light the high-proof floater on fire before serving.

The Bacardi pre-mixed "zombie" is mostly nasty, as are all other pre-mixed drinks.

Problem is twofold.  One, while they use Bacardi rum, the other liquers are made up using extract or artificial flavoring (in this case, almond).  Doesn't taste as good as real amaretto.  Also expect to see juice concentrate in there.  Second, they're sweetened with high-fructose corn syrup.  Despite what the commercials say about it, I think HFCS tastes like sh*t.

Do yourself a favor and learn to mix your own drinks properly and avoid the pre-mixed, artificially flavored and sweetened stuff.

Then again, if you're worried about spending $15 on a bottle of liquor, I don't know what to tell you.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 8:14:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Do yourself a favor and learn to mix your own drinks properly and avoid the pre-mixed, artificially flavored and sweetened stuff.

Big +1 on that.  I bought a nice, big, cocktail shaker a few years back along with a bartender's guide and pretty much went through the book page by page (skipped the Pink Squirrel and Shirley Temple).  After that, I started developing my own.  My latest invention:  The "Limey Bastard".  Named in honor of an ex-Royal Navy friend of mine.

(Serves 2)

In a cocktail shaker with ice pour:

2 jiggers Bacardi White Rum
2 jiggers Meyer's Dark Rum
2 jiggers Rose's Lime Juice
1 jigger Bacardi 151
1 jigger Triple Sec
Juice of one lime (throw one of the lime halves in the shaker after you squeeze it.  It adds a little pulp to the drink.)

Shake vigorously, Pour over ice in 2 tall glasses.  Top off with Club Soda, stir and add a fresh lime slice.  

Inventing your own mixed drinks and experimenting on your friends is a lot of fun.

Link Posted: 3/23/2009 8:18:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Fry's sells booze in AZ?  Up here Fry's is and electronics store
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 8:47:23 AM EDT
[#10]
If i encountered it i would have to shoot it in the head then burn it

For real though it says its made with 151 but ends up only being 25 proof i would say its garbage without even having any
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Fry's sells booze in AZ?  Up here Fry's is and electronics store

We have frys electronics as well but the bulk of frys here are grocery stores
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 4:34:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I've drank a bottle. Not bad. But only like 8 bucks here.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Big +1 on that.  I bought a nice, big, cocktail shaker a few years back along with a bartender's guide and pretty much went through the book page by page (skipped the Pink Squirrel and Shirley Temple).  After that, I started developing my own.  My latest invention:  The "Limey Bastard".  Named in honor of an ex-Royal Navy friend of mine.

(Serves 2)

In a cocktail shaker with ice pour:

2 jiggers Bacardi White Rum
2 jiggers Meyer's Dark Rum
2 jiggers Rose's Lime Juice
1 jigger Bacardi 151
1 jigger Triple Sec
Juice of one lime (throw one of the lime halves in the shaker after you squeeze it.  It adds a little pulp to the drink.)

Shake vigorously, Pour over ice in 2 tall glasses.  Top off with Club Soda, stir and add a fresh lime slice.  

Inventing your own mixed drinks and experimenting on your friends is a lot of fun.

that should knock your dick in the dirt

I'll have to make one
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 4:39:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Sounds tempting
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:14:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was the answer i was looking for. I'm going to go pick some up the next time i stop there.

No problem. I should also add that it was kinda adicting. I drank the whole bottle in an evening, which is pretty unheard of for me these days. It had been a while since I woke up with a hangover in the AM.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top