Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2001 4:40:47 PM EDT
Have you seen this clown on the Sci Fi channel ?
I can take about 10 seconds before I MUST change the channel. There was a recent article in Time exposing his tired old technique of making generalized statements about a dead person and asking the bereaved audience member
if that sounds like her  dead hubby. He is suspected of planting microphones in the audience to help him out with his uncanny pronouncements.
His show is the highest rated show on the Sci Fi channel.

Nothing is new under the sun, I guess.

Link Posted: 3/12/2001 5:18:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I have'nt seen the show but I've seen this scam
before. Hell, how many episodes for T.V.
have had a "I can talk to the dead" scam as a
theme. Murder She Wrote, Mystery, Ironsides,
etc.... you would think by now nobody would
give an ear to this crap.
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 5:33:02 PM EDT
[#2]
HANGFIRE, try to catch this guy's show . I guarantee you will want to send him to meet the dead relative in 30 seconds..
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 5:35:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I have seen part of a couple shows just to laugh.

It is scary that so many people can be taken in by that crap.  Kind of like walking down the street and realizing that many or even most of the people (depending on where you live) that you see voted for both clinton and gore.
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 5:46:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#5]
It would be neat if he really could talk to the dead.
Along with that, how come you never read about a psychic winning the lottery?
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#6]
It would be neat if he really could talk to the dead.
Along with that, how come you never read about a psychic winning the lottery?
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 7:04:10 PM EDT
[#7]

There are literally millions and millions of people that go to the cemetary and talk to the dead all the time. Then there are others that pray all the time but I have yet to meet one that has actually experienced a full dialog to ask the Man "What time it is dude?", or "Do you like pizza with anchovies?". Are they all idiots as well?  What about when a poster experiences some tragic event in their lives and the group here responds with "My prayers are with you". Whats up with that?....   Give this guy credit that he has found a way to bring some peace and closer to some people's lives. Maybe that is his objective. That's what priests, pastors, counselors and psychos do for a living and some do it for money as well.  FAITH is a very strange animal that takes different forms and seems constantly changing all the time. You could say it has a "life" of its own.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 8:28:12 PM EDT
[#8]
LEVI,

........my prayers are with you.......
means that I get down on my knees and pray to
my Lord Jesus Christ that the person I am
praying for will receive comfort and relief,
strength and courage to prevail over what is
afflicting them or their loved ones.

Furthermore I fail to find the nexus between
the topic as posted and religion. If you can
please enlighten me.
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 9:32:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Why must you people be so mean to everyone?
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 12:49:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
Why must you people be so mean to everyone?
View Quote

Shut the fu*k up, Imbroglio! {:)}

edited to let Imbroglio know I'm kidding.
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 1:04:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I would not trust anything that time magazine publishes as they have already stated that they will actively push an agenda instead of reporting unbiased stories.

Link Posted: 3/13/2001 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#12]
There is a connection between "religion" and what John Edward claims to do. Both are a connection with spirit. I cannot speak to whether or not John Edward is real or not, as I have never seen him or his work in person. However, I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that there are folks out there who can walk between the worlds of the physical and spiritual at will.

My .02

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed --and thus clamorous to be led to safety -- by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." -- H.L. Mencken
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 3:31:53 PM EDT
[#13]
A few months ago, on the "old board" I started a topic entitled "OUIJA BOARD". I received well over a hundred replies. Most of them told me to "get rid" of it, "burn it now" "its evil" "don't let the kids play with it" and all sorts of similar responses. Without a doubt the impression was that a lot of people here believed it was capable of conjuring up the dead. So just maybe John Edward is able to do the same without a ouija board. Personally, I wouldn't believe this type of stuff unless he was able to convince me one on one. But there are forces out there that are not recognized and some others that are misunderstood.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top