Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2002 10:30:51 PM EDT
Went to my chiropractor the other day, and when I walked into the waiting room, there was a little gray haired grandmother type sitting in one of the chairs, and two 7 or 8 year old boys playing with some toys on the floor.

The first interesting part was that they were playing with a toy tank, army truck and army men.  First thing through my mind is "things have changed for the better" since before 9/11 this would have been frowned upon in lots of areas (if they even could find the army toys)... then I look at "grandma" ... and she's smiling at the boys, too!

I don't know if she was their grandma, watching them for when mom or dad was done, but I thought it an interesting picture - sort of a snap shot out of my own childhood.

It gave me a bit of a warm feeling, like maybe there is hope for the ol' US of A.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 10:33:33 PM EDT
[#1]
 Roger that.  Even Wally World is carrying toy guns again.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 7:00:06 AM EDT
[#2]
America Shines in a Norman Rockwell sort of way someplace everyday!

... In the summer of 1984.... BANG BANG BANG, Your dead... AM NOT ARE TO... AM NOT!...ARE TOO...  And the war which was being fought everyday against the communists waged on .... And there in that square mile of Regency Park Edition, the next generation of Americans was being raised......  Just American Kids..... Dirty Clothes, Dirty Faces, torn up sneakers, backpacks, guns, pistols, plastic collapsable knives....  There were victories, there were defeats, there were scrapes and bruises and broken arms. There were cracked limbs out of the tree, wind nocked out of you. The NORTH WEST 15th STREET "EAZY COMPANY" WAS FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT.  One of US is now a Marine, ONe of us is Airforce, one of US is Ex Navy.

Benjamin

...AND YES IT WAS AND IS FRICKIN BEAUTIFULL TO SEE.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top