Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2002 10:06:16 PM EDT
I have a light fixture in my room which holds three light bulbs in it.

Two of them just burnt out. God damnit, now it's dark in here, and I don't have any more bulbs.

Shit.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 10:08:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Time to take a trip to the nearest Wal-Mart Supercenter.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 10:09:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 10:14:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Time to take a trip to the nearest Wal-Mart Supercenter.
View Quote

I can get them where I work.

Like four of them for 70 cents of whatever with my discount, I just don't wanna take the time. lol, plus I'll have to get a ladder outta the garage!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 10:42:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's what you need to do.  

1. Get really, really drunk and make sure the wall switch is in the "on" position.

2. Get a ladder and some light bulbs.  

3. Unscrew the bad light bulb.

4. Wet your finger and stick it into the socket making sure it is still getting power.

5. Drive yourself to the hospital and get treated for electrocution.

6. Post your experience on [b]AR15.COM[/b]

7. Hire a handyman to fix the damn bulb.

That's it...if you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 11:02:48 PM EDT
[#5]
hahahaahha
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 11:15:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 5:12:44 AM EDT
[#7]
sgtar 15, you have described an UNSAFE method. You know very well that, when using a ladder, you should have an additional qualified professional to hold the refreshments and/or the ladder. Preferrably one who can hold both his and your refreshments. Some experience in deniability or report writing may also come in handy. I know this must have slipped your mind in your haste to offer professional advise.
.................................Stay safe
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 5:45:14 AM EDT
[#8]
No you messed up... you are using a ladder and in a state of inebriation, the proper unsafe AR15.com funny story method is to place a metal folding chair on a folding card table to gain access to the socket.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 6:39:31 AM EDT
[#9]
If you're going to have others hold the ladder then I recommend simply holding the bulb and let the others turn the ladder. Why expend energy unnecessarily?
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 7:47:11 AM EDT
[#10]
No No no no no ---first check to see that the iron is unplugged.
Then using a bucket of distilled water create an electrical field containment pool directly underneath and around the fixture.
 use only an aluminum ladder set directly in the center of the containment pool to avoid stray EMF RFI FM and EMP emanations.
place metallic bonding strap around ankle and using car jumper cables attach to nearest water pipe or earth ground.
Have another beer or 4.
It is best to hardwire around the breaker or fuse at the fuse/breaker panel to avoid it opening the circuit at an inoportune moment an causing you to have to start over.
have 2 more beers
make sure you wear an OSHA/ANSI approved Fall protection harness and fall arresting lanyard attach one end to harness d-ring and the other to last rung from the floor on ladder.
have another beer.
When all is prepared and spare lightbulbs are ready climb up ladder and remove lightbulbs from all sockets (might as well do them all)--use a wet leather glove as they will be hot to the touch.
before putting new bulbs in check to make sure its not the connections inside the sockets that have gone bad this happens often with cheap chineese fixtures you dont want to toss perfectly good lightbulbs for no reason, do this by probing the fixture with gloved finger --a little tingling is normal.
  Be sure and have a friend around to take pictures, hold your beer,hand you stuff or take you to the hospital --he/she should be equiped with a 2x4 approx 6 feet long.
All in all changing light bulbs can be a fun & rewarding experience with a little inovation it can become a party game or frat initation rite.--enjoy!

(above information is for informational purposes only -use at your own risk -consult a qualified electrician-do not bindle ,fold spintel or mutilate, all sales are final,see warranty for further info.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top