Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2001 9:18:35 PM EDT
I am going to beat the hell out of someone now.............

dagnabbit, I come home, and what do I find, SOMEONE moved my bushy and dropped it, whats the best way to repair a nick in the finish on the barrel?
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 9:38:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I was going to try some stove black on the barrel of my Colt, but I sold it with the nick. never did get a chance to try it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 5:06:13 PM EDT
[#2]
BTT

c'mon you bums, help me out here!
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Get over it..it's just a nick. That are use a black permanant marker. I personnally realy don't worry about such things.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 5:45:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I think birchwood casey makes a touch up marker for AR's. It may just be for receivers, I don't know. Look in either Midway or Brownell's or go to there web site, you can probably find it there. I have a freind that has a bunch of ald mausers that he sporterizes and he uses that flat black, high temp, BBQ grill paint. It makes for a nice matte finish but it maight not match the rest of the rifle. The only thing to to is try.

Matt
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I think birchwood casey makes a touch up marker for AR's. It may just be for receivers, I don't know. Look in either Midway or Brownell's or go to there web site, you can probably find it there. I have a friend that has a bunch of old mausers that he sporterizes and he uses that flat black, high temp, BBQ grill paint. It makes for a nice matte finish but it might not match the rest of the rifle. The only thing to do is try.

Matt
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 6:05:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey Vyper,

That Someone wouldn't happen to be the wife now would it? [:D]  Sounds like something my wife would have done..."I was vacuming and it was in the way" comes to mind.
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 8:39:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Nope, was the anti-gun sister, my GF actually is as bad as I am about scratches, in fact, I just put in the paperwork today for a kimber CDP for her. Ain't I a nice guy?[:D]

PS> tried the Birchwood casey pen, those things suck!, I finally got some flat black model paint which while a little glossy, worked okay, I think I will get a can of grill paint if this stuff burns off (shouldn't as it works fine on gas R/C car bodies)
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 9:21:38 PM EDT
[#8]
On my Colt AR I used some Aluminum Black, real lightly, and it took the nicks completely out.  Cant even tel where they were to begin with.  The Aluminum Black works great on steel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top