Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2002 8:01:23 AM EDT
So now that they are really gone, I guess, I need another service for image hosting. I need a minimum of 200 Megabytes and about 400 pictures. Does anyone know of a good reliable service for $15-$25/year?
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:17:53 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]www.webshots.com[/url]

Free

Not sure if you can get 200 megs of space or 400 pics.  I currently have about 150 photos and about 30 meg of space.

Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:25:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 9:05:44 AM EDT
[#3]
How do you post a photo with Webshots ? I just set up an account and downloaded a photo to it. With Photopoint, I copied the address & put {url}in front and {/url}at the end & it worked (using the [ ] instead of { } like I have above). When I tried it with Webshots, it just posted the link, not the picture. Thanks.

Link Posted: 1/3/2002 9:16:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Just before photopoints.com went out of business, they sent me an email to ask me to register to
[url]http://ezprints.mye-pix.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 9:16:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I used photopoint while they were free and now I use webphotos.com give them a try.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 9:24:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info guys. I'm kinda nervous about using a free sight cause of what happened to Photopoint. I'd prefer using a site that charged a fee and was successful enough to stay in business.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 9:32:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 9:35:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 11:08:59 AM EDT
[#9]
"Only prob with your thinking is Photopoint started charging EVERYONE last year, there were the INTRO offers that would allow you to have 10 or less pics on your album, but you couldnt link them to other sites, so to link or have more than 10 pics you had to pay.

There are lots of users out there that paid for memberships and now have nothing. I know a few that paid their membership the same week that PP shut down and no refund."  posted by cockedandlocked

Yes well of course I have to live with the fact that Photopoint is the perfect example of the exception to my rule-of-thumb. But I just figure that any of these services starting out the same as Photopoint did gives me the same bad taste in my mouth. I also know that nothing is truly reliable anymore but was just wanting to get some ideas from people here. If anyone has a service that they've been using for some time and has a good track record then I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 4:47:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I believe that if you sign up for an AR15.com Membership, you will have a place to upload your photos....

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 6:21:32 AM EDT
[#11]
You guys should just pony up and get a web hosting account.  Then you don't have to worry about their service going under because they aren't making money off you.  Plus you could put up a real site.  Of course, I can't actually recommend where to go (cough cough) with the new rules and all.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:51:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I swiched To [url]http://www.picturelist.com[/url] After my photopoint account took a dive . I like Picture list a hell of alot more than photopoint . .....
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You guys should just pony up and get a web hosting account.  Then you don't have to worry about their service going under because they aren't making money off you.  Plus you could put up a real site.  Of course, I can't actually recommend where to go (cough cough) with the new rules and all.
View Quote

[url]www.onedollarhosting.com[/url] [bounce]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top