Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2009 7:41:27 AM EDT
Looks like trouble brewing in Virginia.

"Time has gun for gun-show loophole"
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:43:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I hate the word loophole. Makes it sound like we are some how doing illegal shit but only getting away with it on a technicallity.  WERE NOT!
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:44:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Dumbass people.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:45:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Be on the lookout for Mccain! This guy has a habit of sticking his nose where it doesn't belong.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:47:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, if they give everyone access to NICS we can just start running background checks on everybody! That's the bonus!

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:48:17 AM EDT
[#5]
And so it begins............from multiple directions
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:48:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Sheeple.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:22:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Be on the lookout for Mccain! This guy has a habit of sticking his nose where it doesn't belong.

Never miss an opportunity to point out that there is no "loophole" in CO, and hasn't been for quite a while (Columbine...)   All gunshow sales at have go through the usual paperwork.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:40:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Jusy remember "loophole" is code for no face to face sales, period.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:53:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:03:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

and to be effective we must register all weapons so we know who owns them in case they are sold illegally

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:08:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll say it again: gun show organizers should not rent table space to individuals that intend to sell regular (ie non-C&R) firearms "from their personal collection"

Continuing to do so will eventually kill their business entirely.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:08:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I hate the word loophole. Makes it sound like we are some how doing illegal shit but only getting away with it on a technicallity.  WERE NOT!
Which is, of course, the reason they use that term.  We lose this war because we lose the war of terminology.  The libs get to name things.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:08:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Fucking Hell!  

We are getting owned non stop on a daily basis with all this gun control shit.  WTF?

Tons of fucking commie libs out there fucking owning us online.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:10:40 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I'll say it again: gun show organizers should not rent table space to individuals that intend to sell regular (ie non-C&R) firearms "from their personal collection"

That's not the reason for this law.  They want to ban all private sales, and they call it the gun show loophole as part of their propoganda imagery of a weaponry bazaar packed to the ceiling with criminals and illegal weapons.  Most people think that even dealers can sell without background checks at gun shows.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:10:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:11:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Another thing,

With the way we are being vilified, I expect that some day leftist 'vigilantes' will target gun shows or gun owners.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:14:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So, to avoid having every transaction at a gun show go through a back ground check, gun shows should only let in dealers to ensure that every transaction goes through a back ground check?

Huh.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:21:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Don't forget to ban the knives from the college lunchrooms too.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:31:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I hate it also. Either you are in compliance or not.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:34:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not the reason for this law.  They want to ban all private sales, and they call it the gun show loophole as part of their propoganda imagery of a weaponry bazaar packed to the ceiling with criminals and illegal weapons.  Most people think that even dealers can sell without background checks at gun shows.

I understand why the Antis are doing this. But a self-policing effort (that we all know has no real impact) can steal the thunder from those demanding the non-existent loophole be closed.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:43:34 AM EDT
[#21]
I support closing the newspaper loophole.  That is this technicality that allows newspapers to spew out bullshit, while hiding behind the freedom of the press.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:07:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

and to be effective we must register all weapons so we know who owns them in case they are sold illegally

That is what "getting rid of the gunshow loophole" really means... it is not about background checks.  It is all about universal registration.

And registration is a necessary first step for confiscation.

So when they say "gunshow loophole" you call them out.

You reply, "Why not say what you really mean?  What you really want is manditory gun  registraion so that later on they can be confiscated more easily.  Isn't that what you are really proposing?"

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:34:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I suppose you also support not letting walk in's sell firearms also.

What side are you on anyways???

Self policing is already done, I don't like you, how you dress, how you smell, or ANYTHING, then you are not going to buy jack from me firearm or ammo related. I've said F.O. to several wanna be buyers over the years, and I'll probably do it again.

We don't need what you suggest, we just need to do our job as gunowners who act responsibly. We DON'T need govt to do that.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:36:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suppose you also support not letting walk in's sell firearms also.

What side are you on anyways???

Self policing is already done, I don't like you, how you dress, how you smell, or ANYTHING, then you are not going to buy jack from me firearm or ammo related. I've said F.O. to several wanna be buyers over the years, and I'll probably do it again.

We don't need what you suggest, we just need to do our job as gunowners who act responsibly. We DON'T need govt to do that.

That's why I said gun show organizers should do it.

FWIW, if I was a gun store owner I'd have people do FTF deals in the parking lot too.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:39:12 PM EDT
[#25]
We are going to get fucked six ways from sunday.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:52:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Yes, the official push by many news agencies and figureheads for the so called "loophole" to be closed.......the 2009 edition........it happens every year, and hopefully all of this will be shot down in flames as well

Quoted:
Quoted:
And so it begins............from multiple directions

Begins?

They have been tryin this in the VA Gen Assembly for ten years not.  Gets shot down easily every time.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:53:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Translation:  Maybe if we try to appease them, they'll cease their efforts.

Do you honestly believe that if all private gunshow transfers stopped overnight, that they would stop trying to whittle away at our rights?

Honestly?
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:31:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:35:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Don't forget to ban the knives from the college lunchrooms too.

I see what you did there.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:41:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Did McCain actually coin the term Gun Show Loophole?  Or, where did it start?
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:47:35 PM EDT
[#31]
"Loophole"!??

What loophole!???

Percent Of State Prison Inmates who possessed a firearm in crimes for which they are incarcerated:

* 39.2% obtained them through illegal sources (theft, drug dealer, black market, etc.)

* 39.6% obtained them from family or friend.

* 8.3% obtained them from retail store.

* 0.7% obtained them from gun shows.

Source: US Dept. of Justice 1997 Study, Table 8

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top