Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2001 9:43:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:53:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:57:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 10:33:26 AM EDT
[#3]
If you're looking to shoot outdoors, there aren't any public ranges within 80 miles of the city.
There's a private range in Sycamore that non-members can pay a daily fee of $10 to use. It's out in Dekalb county. I'm not even sure if it's open in the winter and it has limited hours even in the summer. 1 or 2 days during the week and Saturday and Sunday.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 10:34:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 11:09:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I can say that since 1980 new handguns have been banned which means there aren't any illegal handguns in Chicago! :)
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 11:31:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Pity me--I live in the City (all my guns are stored legally outside the city limits).

As to ranges--there is an indoor 25 yard range near O'Hare (Bensenville) that someone already mentioned--Gun World.

There are some indoor ranges elsewhere--Bass Pro Shops in Gurnee, Midwest Guns, etc.  I understand from C-Rock that Bass Pro will allow rifles.  Gun World does also, but I am not sure about how they will deal with an out of state ID--in IL you need the FOID card, but as an out of state resident, you may be able to shoot with a TX ID.

How long will you be in the area?
I may be able to make some arrangements to meet you to shoot depending on work and school schedules.  

E-mail if you wish.

AFARR
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 2:33:03 PM EDT
[#7]
If you are looking for a place to shoot, you can come over into Indiana and there are 2 ranges that you can shoot your rifles at within 2 hours of downtown Chicago.  It will be cold though.  I went this morning and it was 10 degrees on the firing line.  There is also one indoor range here in town for handguns only, or handgun ammo only.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 6:11:54 AM EDT
[#8]
No guns are allowed in Chicago. Allowing law abiding people to have guns in Chicago might harm Chicago's chances For another year as #1.
Murders that is... Chicago is the National Murder Capitol of the United States! [xx(]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 2:06:12 PM EDT
[#9]
brouhaha,
Thanks for posting this question, and those who answered.

Work was going to move me to Chicago, but Jesus H. Kerist.

BeAvEr CoUnTy, PA, has been great, shooting-wise. RKBA people, ranges, CCW, Class 3.

But our metro center is Pittsburgh, and former girlfriend, today in Chicago, told me that I wouldn't find my wife here (been here a decade).

Not looking for a wife, just the right girl.

But the gun thing, is to ask this daily red meat eater, to go vegetarian. The thought alone could kill me.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 2:14:32 PM EDT
[#10]
ACTUALY kpel308 GAT GUNS IS IS DUNDEE ON RT 25. TRY TO BE FACTUALY CORRECT. WE AT R GUNS ARE IN CARPENTERSVILLE ON RT 31. HAVE A NICE DAY
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 2:17:16 PM EDT
[#11]
PARDON MY TYPO. GAT GUNS IS in DUNDEE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top