Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2008 3:56:14 PM EDT
I just read the screenplay (studio copy) for his new movie Gran Torino. The script is very good, but the movie trailer is misleading as to how much action there is. Vintage Clint... sarcastic, major racist language with humor, some kick ass scenes, but more of a coming to grips with one's life type movie. I will still see it, but I wish he would have gone Dirty Harry throughout the movie...
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:09:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll still see it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:17:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'll still see it.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:21:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll still see it.

+1 It's fucking Clint Eastwood.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I just read the screenplay (studio copy) for his new movie Gran Torino. The script is very good, but the movie trailer is misleading as to how much action there is. Vintage Clint... sarcastic, major racist language with humor, some kick ass scenes, but more of a coming to grips with one's life type movie. I will still see it, but I wish he would have gone Dirty Harry throughout the movie...

That's exactly what I thought it was.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:32:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll still see it.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll still see it.

It's got Clint, and a Garand! I don't care if it's 90 mins. of him in the tub, I'm watching it.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:46:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Racist language?? What??
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:49:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Racist language?? What??

"Dang Chinese moving in next door".
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I will still see it, but I wish he would have gone Dirty Harry throughout the movie...

He is in his 70s.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:52:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Racist language?? What??

yea thats horribly racist.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:53:19 PM EDT
[#11]
It is catered to his audience, which is good.  

The people who watched his dirty harry movies are aging and going through these same things.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:53:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Eastwood will have my $10 on this one.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:57:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Racist language?? What??

Enough to make the skinheads or the KKK blush...
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:58:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Racist language?? What??

Oooooohhhhh Spike Ree is gonna blow a gasket.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:59:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Racist language?? What??

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:59:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll still see it.

It's got Clint, and a Garand! I don't care if it's 90 mins. of him in the tub, I'm watching it.

Oh....really?  
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:07:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Okay... here's a scene.  Clint is Walt... this is pretty much how the whole movie goes language wise...

EXT./INT. BARBERSHOP - DAY

Walt and Tao walk up to the barbershop.

WALT
You have to learn how guys talk.

Now watch how me and Martin communicate. We just throw it back and forth. You ready?

TAO
Sure.

WALT
Okay, let's go in.

Walt holds the door for Tao and they enter. The Barber has his feet up reading a Playboy.

BARBER
Oh great, a Pollack and a chink.

WALT
Afternoon, Martin, you dumb Italian prick.

BARBER
Walt, you cheap asshole, I should have known you'd come in, I was having such a pleasant day.

WALT
Why, did you jew some blind man out of a few bucks, give him the wrong change?

Walt and the Barber shake hands warmly. Tao is wideeyed.

BARBER
Who's the Nip?

WALT
This is Tao. He's a pussy kid who lives next door and I'm trying to man him up a little.

Walt points at Tao.

WALT
Did you see? That's how men talk to each other.

TAO
They do?

BARBER
What, do you have shit in your ears?

WALT
Okay. You go out, come back in and give it a try.

TAO
Come on, Walt.

WALT
I said go out there, come back in and talk to the barber like a man.

Do it.

Tao shrugs, goes outside, lets the door shut then comes back in. The Barber stands there with a sneer on his face.

TAO
Wus up, you old Italian prick?

The Barber levels a sawed-off SHOTGUN at Tao.

BARBER
Get outta my shop before I blow your head off, you long-haired faggy little gook!

Tao is terrified, frozen stiff.

Walt and the Barber throw their heads back and laugh.

The Barber lowers the shotgun.

WALT
Jesus Christ, Toad, you don't walk in and insult a guy. What are you, an idiot?

TAO
But... but that's what you said.

That's what you said men say.

WALT
Not if you never met the guy. If you say that shit to the wrong stranger, they'll blow your goddamned gook head off!
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:12:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That there is sig line material if there ever was one...............      

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:14:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Okay... here's a scene.  Clint is Walt... this is pretty much how the whole movie goes language wise...

{snipped}

THAT was fuckin' hilarious.  I can't wait to see this movie.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:15:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

EXT./INT. BARBERSHOP - DAY

Walt and Tao walk up to the barbershop.

WALT
You have to learn how guys talk.

Now watch how me and Martin communicate. We just throw it back and forth. You ready?

TAO
Sure.

WALT
Okay, let's go in.

Walt holds the door for Tao and they enter. The Barber has his feet up reading a Playboy.

BARBER
Oh great, a Pollack and a chink.

WALT
Afternoon, Martin, you dumb Italian prick.

BARBER
Walt, you cheap asshole, I should have known you'd come in, I was having such a pleasant day.

WALT
Why, did you jew some blind man out of a few bucks, give him the wrong change?

Walt and the Barber shake hands warmly. Tao is wideeyed.

BARBER
Who's the Nip?

WALT
This is Tao. He's a pussy kid who lives next door and I'm trying to man him up a little.

Walt points at Tao.

WALT
Did you see? That's how men talk to each other.

TAO
They do?

BARBER
What, do you have shit in your ears?

WALT
Okay. You go out, come back in and give it a try.

TAO
Come on, Walt.

WALT
I said go out there, come back in and talk to the barber like a man.

Do it.

Tao shrugs, goes outside, lets the door shut then comes back in. The Barber stands there with a sneer on his face.

TAO
Wus up, you old Italian prick?

The Barber levels a sawed-off SHOTGUN at Tao.

BARBER
Get outta my shop before I blow your head off, you long-haired faggy little gook!

Tao is terrified, frozen stiff.

Walt and the Barber throw their heads back and laugh.

The Barber lowers the shotgun.

WALT
Jesus Christ, Toad, you don't walk in and insult a guy. What are you, an idiot?

TAO
But... but that's what you said.

That's what you said men say.

WALT
Not if you never met the guy. If you say that shit to the wrong stranger, they'll blow your goddamned gook head off!

Got a link to the rest?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:17:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

snip

OMFGROFLFTMFWBBQ!!!1!1
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's exactly what I thought it was.

That's the impression I got.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:27:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

snip

OMFGROFLFTMFWBBQ!!!1!1

That's actually pretty fuckin' funny.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:33:31 PM EDT
[#25]
"You ever seem to have one of those days, where you run into someone you just really shouldn't have messed with? Well today, that's me."

"GET OFF MY LAWN."

Definitely gonna see this movie. When's it come out?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top