Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2008 4:58:34 PM EDT
I work with a guy who is extremely liberal (no wonder why no one associates with him) and a friend asked him what he thought about guns. This guy replied by saying that guns are responsible for over 50,000 deaths in the USA. My comment to that was how many shootings or deaths are done by criminals? He replied by saying it doesn’t matter, and that how do you determine who is a criminal or not? I said a criminal to me is someone who commits a crime. Then he goes and says that my firearms are weapons, and I told him that you’re just way to liberal and walked out of the office. If I wanted to be an ass, I could have told him that your brothers are responsible for most of the gang violence. I’m sure that would have gotten me fired or something, but it’s the truth. Not to sound racist or anything but there are more black males (oh I meant African American males for you political correct assholes) in jail then any other race.

So what are your thoughts on what a criminal is?

Here is the definition of a criminal.

Definition of a criminal

- somebody acting illegally: somebody who has committed a crime
- punishable as crime: punishable as a crime under the law
- prosecuting criminals: relating to or involved in the prosecution and punishment of people accused of committing crimes
- relating to criminals: relating to or done by criminals
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Since criminals don't kill people and guns do, you should shoot him and blame it on your gun.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:14:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I think there's something like 17k murders annually in the US, and about 60% committed with a firearm.  He's lying and or trippin.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Of the average 34,000 gun deaths in the US every year approximately 11,000 are homicides, 18,000 are suicides and 5,000 are unintentional accidents. We can change these horrific numbers.

This is from some liberal gun control freak. I just wrote a rebuttal paper on this for college.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:32:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Of the average 34,000 gun deaths in the US every year approximately 11,000 are homicides, 18,000 are suicides and 5,000 are unintentional accidents. We can change these horrific numbers.

This is from some liberal gun control freak. I just wrote a rebuttal paper on this for college.

Where could I find those facts at show I could make an ass out of him tomorrow night at work.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:54:50 PM EDT
[#5]
If you look at our prisons its obvious there are not near enough gun deaths.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:03:32 PM EDT
[#6]
A true criminal fits into two categories:

1. injures and/or endangers others

2. takes things that belong to others

Victimless crimes aren't crimes

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A true criminal fits into two categories:

1. injures and/or endangers others

2. takes things that belong to others

Victimless crimes aren't crimes

This is correct. Do what you will, but harm no one.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:12:02 PM EDT
[#8]
[BO]When I do something out of alignment with my values  ...[/BO]
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:16:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Someone who bakes with public decorum and violates natural law.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:26:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Someone who willingly harms others.

Laws don't have anything to do with it, in my opinion. I don't believe going 2 MPH over the speed limit makes you a criminal. On the other hand, politicians can do plenty of legal things that harm people. Some are criminals to me.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:39:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So what are your thoughts on what a criminal is?

2008 President-Elect
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:40:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Someone who harms other people out of pure selfishness.  Hence liberals are criminals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top