Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2001 9:15:36 AM EDT
Was watching TNN a minute ago (still am but we're on to elk now) and they were bow hunting alligator.  I actually was under the impression that it was illegal, but after that I thought, "How in the hell do you field dress an alligator?"  Anybody done this?
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 9:18:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 9:19:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Not sure.....Can't ask Crocodile Dundee since the real one is dead.......( The infamous shoot-out in Australia a couple of years ago. when the real Crocodile Dundee allagedly ambushed police with a rifle)
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 10:08:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Guess they won't be making any more Dundee movies. Yikes!!!

Just cut the tail off and then split it. That's where all the good white meat that tastes like chicken is. [:D]

Link Posted: 12/16/2001 3:44:49 PM EDT
[#4]
A number can be "harvested". The gator has made a huge comeback due to conservation efforts and breeding farms. I beleive they are no longer "endangered" but are now a "protected species".

I loved the way the first shot just bounced off his head. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 3:55:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Alligator Field Dressing:

Step 1: Make sure alligator is dead.

Step 2: Make sure alligator is dead.

Step 3: Make sure alligator is dead

Step 4:..............

Wanna know the field dressing procedure for polar bear?
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 4:56:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I heard that you have to put it over a fire for a few minutes, and then the skin will be easy enough to cut off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top