Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2001 9:51:32 PM EDT
Worth?

I have a genuine 'US rifle.30 M1 (Garand) Springfield Armory, ser 4115XX, all 100% original, never fucked with.

I would rate it in overall VG condition. excellent bore and 70% or more of original finish. Wood original and never sanded or worked on.

Got all the original accessories too
- 2 bayonets (early long and late shorter type)
- cleaning kit and oiler
- combo tools ( 2 types)
- BFA (2 piece type)
- grenade launcher
- original leather sling
- later pattern web sling
- cloth muzzle cover
- dozens of clips
- TM manual
- rear sight reflector (training aid)

In storage in Estevan, western Canada, as you can't own them here:(

Just wondering what something like this is worth now. Bought back in 1978.

Is there an M1 web site?

Thanks,
1feral1
Sydney
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 8:38:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 10:11:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 3:27:15 PM EDT
[#3]
$ 1200-1500 if you can get it into the US and find someone who knows it's value.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Very interesting.

I myself have a SA M1, ser 4005XX with an absolutley perfect receiver but which has been rebuilt over the years.  SA barrel dated 1965 some WRA parts.

Still neat to find an M1 built around the time we were drawn into the war.

Just think..........that baby, and mine, came rolling off the line round' about the time Pearl was bombed.

That is a very cool bit of history.

Excellent rifle you have there.

I concur on the price..........an easy $1200 to $1500 here in the states.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 9:19:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Lads for your help.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 4:11:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Did you guys know Springfield in making NEW M1's again. They are made with new barrels and recievers with reconditioned GI parts for the rest. Buddy of mine just bought one for $840 or so and they look sweet. The serial number on his is 80. With the box and paperwork he said it may never be shot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top