Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2001 10:30:44 AM EDT
I'm off work all week and I have to do a stress test Friday at 0700. I have been having severe chest pains since last Thursday. I went to the ER Thursday night when the pain started radiating to my left arm and I got nauseous. By the time I reached the ER, I also had pain radiating into my neck and jaw. EKG and blood work ruled out an AMI, so I need to be checked for angina and such.....

Scott

:(

------------------
QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES??

SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT!!!!!

Link Posted: 12/12/2001 10:35:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Bro, that does Suk.

Hope they find out what's wrong and you get over it soon.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I hope it all turns out OK!  Prayers going down(or is it up) range!
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 10:41:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Scott,
Sorry to hear about this.  Just be grateful what they seem to be ruling out.  Do not be shy about getting a second opinion either.  Best of luck.  bybon
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 10:41:39 AM EDT
[#4]
as sure as youa are posting here, you will make it. i am glad you went to the er, some people are too proud, or stubborn, or just stupid to do so until its too late.

were with you man.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 11:12:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 11:20:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Yikes!  Hope you get to feeling better soon, and everything turns out OK.  If I may ask, about how old of a fellow are you.  I'm in my "late 30's" and my oldest sister (48) has high blood pressure.  I am "at risk" as my GP says.  Better start watching my HDLs and Triglycerides, eh?
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Get better soon.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 11:24:43 AM EDT
[#8]
DScottHewitt, take it easy.   I mean that literally.  My wife had something like that happen, and the problem was simply stress.z
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 11:24:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 11:28:07 AM EDT
[#10]
E-mail me w/ your exact symptoms and your activities immediately prior to the onset of pain. I used to be a Paramedic and am still up on the signs and symptoms. I also have stood by at several stress tests and can give you a heads up about the procedure.
Keep your chin up and drop me a line.

Matt
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#11]
DScottHewitt,
 I've been through the night in CCU and the stress test myself.  Turned out to be entirely stress related - trying to get too much stuff done in two little time with not enough finances.  Stress can kill you!

Don't worry about the stress test - they aren't that bad.  It's just enough to get your heart beating really good - nothing more.  Actually - being woke up every 2 hours to have 3 vials of blood drawn sucked alot more than the stress test.

We'll keep you in our prayers, you take it easy until you find out what's going on.  Remember - worry is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but it gets you nowhere.

-kid
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 7:02:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanx for the words of encouragement.....

:D :D :D :D :D

------------------
QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES??

SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 7:23:41 AM EDT
[#13]
D. Scot,
in the unlikely event these is actually something wrong in a couple of years you'll be able to urinate on a frog and the Doc's will grow you a new......whatever you need.

(Like most of us I'm sure you're leading a stress-free life.  Not !)

Anyway, put on a little music, kick-back in your favorite chair and think about that new firearm you want ... you know the one.  Kinda close your eyes and begin to accessorize that puppy and before you know it...........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top