Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2008 6:36:16 PM EDT
I'm so sick of the election BS. It IS a good excuse to get some mags, BTW anyone have a PTR 91 they want to sell? I've got a shit load of mags for it don't have nay guns for it.

Did I mention that I like Bushmills. Where's PubBoy. I need some Guinness! Your avatar makes me thirsthy.

So what are you drinkling tonight?
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#1]
10-year single malt, I hope?

NTM
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:52:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
10-year single malt, I hope?

NTM

Damn this is good shit!
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#3]
That's an Irish Whiskey, right?
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:57:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Glenmorangie Nectar D'or

I love this stuff.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:59:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Glenmorangie Nectar D'or

I love this stuff.

got some Glenmorangie when my mom and step-dad visited the place they make it. brought me and my brother a sort of 'sample' box
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:00:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Bushmills is good stuff.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a bottle of Old Bushmill once.

And later that night I met my future exwife.

Not saying there's a connection or anything but that's also the last bottle of Old Bushmills I've ever had too.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:02:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That's an Irish Whiskey, right?

You BET!

My fav drink
Irish Car Bomb

1/2 shot of Bushmills (real whiskey comes in square bottles)
1/2 shot Baileys MMMMMMMMMM
1/2 pint of Guinness

YUMMMMM

But I'm out of Baileys and Guinness, but have have plenty of Bushmills!!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:03:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Glenmorangie Nectar D'or

I love this stuff.

Never heard of this what is it?
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:05:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I've had non-imported and the imported Bushmils, of course the real stuff was much better..
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:06:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Protestant?  
Just kidding.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:09:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Bushmills straight and a beer.

To be honest, I do it wrong by having a fizzy yellow beer along with it. Yes, it's a crime, but this way the higher water content and lower 12 course dinner content as compared to Guiness lets me stay upright quite a bit longer.

Jamesons will work in a pinch if I happen to be outta Bushmills. But Bushmills is way shmooder
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:11:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Protestant?  

Just kidding.

BAN HIM!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:13:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Bushmills straight and a beer.

To be honest, I do it wrong by having a fizzy yellow beer along with it. Yes, it's a crime, but this way the higher water content and lower 12 course dinner content as compared to Guiness lets me stay upright quite a bit longer.

Jamesons will work in a pinch if I happen to be outta Bushmills. But Bushmills is way shmooder

Well as long as it is not Jim Bean or something!

Gelignite Cocktail

Double shoot of Bushmills (I'm a purist) in a Pint of Guinness.

Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:17:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Jameson's.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll have to respectfully disagree with Soylent.

I'm a long time Bushmills drinker and I think that Jameson is smoother.  
The Jameson also has a hint of smokeyness to it. (Not approving or disapproving, just my observation)

As to which Bushmills is the best, I think that would have to be Black Bush.

I didn't find the 10 year old single malt to be as good as the Black Bush, but it's been quite some time since I've bought any single malt.

For my money I always felt that standard Bushmills was the ticket.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse and later, Maker's Mark or Glenlivet.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Glenmorangie Nectar D'or

I love this stuff.

It's a HIghland single malt Scotch. It spends it's first 8 years in a White Oak cask, and then spends another 4 years in a Saunternes cask. Main influences are vanilla, honey and lemon.

Goes well with Connecticut style cigars.

Oh, and it eats Macallen's breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#19]
BLACKBUSH!
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:30:34 PM EDT
[#20]
"By the quart" -CTR
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:31:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Don't get me wrong, I *do* like Jamesons. It's a personal taste thing though between Jamesons and Bushmills as far as I can tell. I know quite a few folk that swear Jamesons is the smoother one. I know a few others that agree with me that it's Bushmills.

The thing I like about them is that they lack the heavy aftertaste of a Scotch. Yes, I know it has to be "The Good Stuff" with Scotch or you've done it wrong. I do like "The Good Stuff" on occasion, but even then I don't care very much for the Smoky, peat aftertaste.

However you like your drink, be a man and drink it well!

Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:34:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Protestant?  

Just kidding.

That is how I originally tried Bushmills for the first time.
Have been drinking it ever since.

Not that anyone cares about my opinion, but I have never understood why in the hell anyone would ruin good beer or whiskey by mixing them together or mixing them with anything else. When I see people drink "black and tans" and shit like that I think to myself that they might as well piss in a pint of Guiness.
Both are great.
Mixed, they are ruined.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:36:06 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Now this man has taste.  Franziskaner is 2nd in my mind only to Augustiner which I can't find in the states.  So Franziskaner it is for me as well.

ETA:  Photo from a previous night.

2nd ETA:  Just for the fuk of it.

Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:37:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Glenmorangie Nectar D'or

I love this stuff.

It's a HIghland single malt Scotch. It spends it's first 8 years in a White Oak cask, and then spends another 4 years in a Saunternes cask. Main influences are vanilla, honey and lemon.

Goes well with Connecticut style cigars.

Oh, and it eats Macallen's breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

So how do you pronounce it so you don't sound like a retard? Sounds good.

I'll have to try Bushmills Black. I'm just developling a taste for whiskey. I've found avefter the first 2 they are all REALLY good
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:42:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Since a bunch of whiskey (and whisky) drinkers are around I will espouse the virtues of my latest poison.

Rye whiskey.  
Good shit.  Smooth with a peppery aftertaste.  
I'd put Old Overholt up against Irish Whiskey any day.  It's also $10 less per fifth.  
Give it a try sometime.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:46:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Black Bush!
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:46:54 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Since a bunch of whiskey (and whisky) drinkers are around I will espouse the virtues of my latest poison.

Rye whiskey.  
I'd put Old Overholt up against Irish Whiskey any day.  It's also $10 less per fifth.  
Give it a try sometime.

Blashephemy!!! Ban Him!
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:52:14 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Rye whiskey.  
Give it a try sometime.

I actually have tried Old Overholt

I did like it some, but at the time (it's been almost twenty years ago now) not enough to buy it again. I almost picked up some Rye again my last trip to the candy store. I'll put that down on my "To Do" list.

Also, I do agree with the poster that says mixing ruins the drink. I don't pour my drinks together. I just use the beer as something to spi at between shots of Whiskey. If that's still too mixed for your taste, you're not alone. But I like it that way, and really that's all that counts.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:53:36 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Protestant?  

Just kidding.

That is how I originally tried Bushmills for the first time.
Have been drinking it ever since.

Not that anyone cares about my opinion, but I have never understood why in the hell anyone would ruin good beer or whiskey by mixing them together or mixing them with anything else. When I see people drink "black and tans" and shit like that I think to myself that they might as well piss in a pint of Guinness.
Both are great.
Mixed, they are ruined.

I disagree. I PREFER Guinness straight up. I could drink that all day long I never tire of it. I like it Ice cold or Room Temp. It is my drink of choice. If McCain gets in, I'm getting a keg setup in the house. If Obama gets in I;m buyiing mrore gun stuff. Any way no more election crap. But I don't mind mixing some of the greatest drinks ever invented!

I LOVE car bombs. Have to try some Gellignite Cocktails. But I do like to mix it up a bit.

I prefer to drink the drinks straight when alone but if partying nothing beats a Car Bomb!

But alas I am out of Baileys and Guinness. So it is only Bushmills tonight and that is foing fast!
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:53:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Protestant whiskey.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:55:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Protestant whiskey.

Up The Republic!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:57:50 PM EDT
[#32]
One thing that always struck me about Bushmills was that the bottles were designed by a fucking genius.

Pack the most whiskey into the smallest possible space.

If I was going to smuggle a case or two of whiskey in my suitcase it would have to be Bushmills.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
One thing that always struck me about Bushmills was that the bottles were designed by a fucking genius.

Pack the most whiskey into the smallest possible space.

If I was going to smuggle a case or two of whiskey in my suitcase it would have to be Bushmills.

If my family was here then I would say we learned some lessons from Prohibition. But alas they were still in the old country then
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 8:01:50 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now this man has taste.  Franziskaner is 2nd in my mind only to Augustiner which I can't find in the states.  So Franziskaner it is for me as well.

ETA:  Photo from a previous night.

2nd ETA:  Just for the fuk of it.

Looks good and I'm Jelous
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 8:06:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Aren't Bushmills and Jameson now owned by the same overlords.

Next topic: Beamish vs. Murphys vs. Guinness.

Oh, and guys across the pond, please do chime in.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 8:09:47 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Aren't Bushmills and Jameson now owned by the same overlords.

Next topic: Beamish vs. Murphys vs. Guinness.

Oh, and guys across the pond, please do chime in.

Guinness. Hands down. And I AM a Murphy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top