Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/10/2001 8:58:47 AM EDT
Hey guys,

I'm flying into Phoenix for a "surprise" visit with my family this weekend, but would like to get together with a bunch of you for a bit of Holiday cheer sometime on Saturday afternoon.

Typically, we have all met at "Harold's" in cave Vreek in the past, and I think that is again about as good of a place as any for us to wet or wistles and enjoy each others company.

I have already contacted M1A-A1 to see about picking me up at Sky Harbor and taking me to my folks place in Cave creek, but if for some reason he is unablke to do it, I will need to rely on one of you if at all possible ([i]arriving Continental flight 1287 @ 1:35pm on Friday[/i]).  As I said, this is supposed to be a surprise visit, where I just show up on their doorstep and call them from my cellphone, rather than ringing the doorbell...  ([i]just like that new Christmas commercial[/i])  [:)]

You guys ([i]the Phoenix bunch[/i]) became an  integral part of my life this past year, when I spent so much time out there for surgery...  Being that this is actually a pleasure trip based on the Holidays, I really hope we can all get together and be able to visit with each other for a few drinks.

Please let me know ASAP, via this post!
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 9:03:12 AM EDT
[#1]
ARlady or myself could prolly pick you up from the airport if you cannot find a ride from M1A-A1
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 9:04:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks a million Matt...

Will you 2 be available for a few drinks at the same place as last time..?
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 9:07:15 AM EDT
[#3]
As if I needed an excuse to go to Harold's....
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 9:09:52 AM EDT
[#4]
We would love to get together with ya'll at Harolds.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 9:13:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I just spoke with the guys at Cavalry Arms, and they are very into the idea of "Christmas Sprits"... [beer]

[blue]Now, we need to set a time, so how's 4:00pm at Harold's sound..?[/blue]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#6]
5:00 would work a little better for me, but don't hold things up on my account.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 9:30:52 AM EDT
[#7]
No worries Matt, we'll just be starting 2nd round by then!  [:D]

BTW:  M1A-A1 just called me back to let me know that he is UNABLE to pick me up, so I will need a ride from someone...

[red]Continental #1287, arriving this Friday ([i]12-14-01[/i]) at 1:35pm[/red]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 9:50:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No worries Matt, we'll just be starting 2nd round by then!  [:D]

BTW:  M1A-A1 just called me back to let me know that he is UNABLE to pick me up, so I will need a ride from someone...

[red]Continental #1287, arriving this Friday ([i]12-14-01[/i]) at 1:35pm[/red]
View Quote

ARlady just told me she could pick you up, email her all the details(so she can print it out) and you should be cool.

Continental comes into terminal 2 or 3?
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 10:11:37 AM EDT
[#9]
anti, as i'm still unemployed, and will likely be so still at the end of this week, it would be my pleasure to pick ya up from the airport.  

i can show off my "new to me" vehicle.  it's a suburban so i should have plenty of room to stow any luggage, etc. that you've brought.  

look forward to seeing ya.  and the rest of ya, too!

Link Posted: 12/10/2001 10:27:22 AM EDT
[#10]
All that I have is the above flight info, nothing more...

It would be easiest for me to meet you along the sidewalk, if you get me a very good description of your vehicle.

I'll either be carrying a purple/black duffle bag, or a silver/turquois/plumb backpack.  Also, with my new perm, my hair is a bit curlier than it was before.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 10:32:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Would love to join you but will probably be working.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 11:03:15 AM EDT
[#12]
picking you up at the sidewalk sounds soooooo good to me.  at least then i don't have to worry about weaving around trying to get into a close parking lot.

i'll call up sky harbor and find out what terminal continental is at.

my vehicle description.  '96 chevy suburban.  red with gray bottom trim.  4x4 so it sits a little higher.  too bad i don't have it jacked yet.  then you definitely wouldn't be able to miss it!  [:D]  just for additional ease in identifying it, i'll have some sort of ribbon or something tied to the antenna  (wish we had AR15.com mini flags.)

see you then!
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 11:05:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
picking you up at the sidewalk sounds soooooo good to me.  at least then i don't have to worry about weaving around trying to get into a close parking lot.

i'll call up sky harbor and find out what terminal continental is at.

my vehicle description.  '96 chevy suburban.  red with gray bottom trim.  4x4 so it sits a little higher.  too bad i don't have it jacked yet.  then you definitely wouldn't be able to miss it!  [:D]  just for additional ease in identifying it, i'll have some sort of ribbon or something tied to the antenna  (wish we had AR15.com mini flags.)

see you then!
View Quote

I think terminal 3. I thought they closed 2.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 11:08:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Terminal 4.

Let's say north side, on the baggage claim level.

We'll print print out a sign with your name and tape it to her rear side window.

She might even slow down a little for ya' as she drives by....
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 11:09:09 AM EDT
[#15]
What does everyone think about a "gift exchange"..?  

We could set a $25 limit and just toss all of the packages intop a pile and then pass them around to whomever, this way you have no cluye as to who you...  It would be best to put your own name on the package, so you don't get your own item, and the recipient will also know who it came from!

Again, this is just a thought, so let me know what you all think!
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 11:12:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
We'll print print out a sign with your name and tape it to her rear side window.
View Quote

Put [b]WWW.AR15.COM[/b] on the sign, and obviously I'll know it's her...

Besides, think of the advertising we'll get at the airport over the holidays!  [:D]

Link Posted: 12/10/2001 11:12:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What does everyone think about a "gift exchange"..?  

We could set a $25 limit and just toss all of the packages intop a pile and then pass them around to whomever, this way you have no cluye as to who you...  It would be best to put your own name on the package, so you don't get your own item, and the recipient will also know who it came from!

Again, this is just a thought, so let me know what you all think!
View Quote

Were pretty much flat broke with just getting into the house and everything.  All of our "discrecianary" funds, and some of the stuff I shouldn't have used went toward the LEGP 1911, so I would like to opt out.  Sorry to be a party pooper.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 11:20:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Okay, then we can always make it "House Warming / Wedding Gifts" for the happy couple... [:X]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 12:10:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 12:15:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Pumps dammit, their called pumps! [pissed]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 2:41:53 PM EDT
[#21]
^ BTT ^
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 4:36:16 PM EDT
[#22]
ARlady,

Thanks for helping 'ole Anti. I'm afraid that I'll be the only Mgr. on friday. Hence why I can't get off!!! ( Damn...I sure did want to take that day off so as to compare "pumps" with anti [:I] )
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 5:09:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Everyone should try to include the spouses and/or girlfriends...
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 6:27:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Anti,
I'm off Fri and Sun so I can help you out with a ride if need be. Email me and I'll send you my tel#. Let me know where and when on the get together.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 6:37:07 PM EDT
[#26]
just for clarificatio purposes, the holiday cheer/get-together at Harold's is on SATURDAY, right????????  4:00pm.

Link Posted: 12/10/2001 10:02:22 PM EDT
[#27]
I work on Saturday, but I should be off by 4:00.
I'll try to make it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 5:47:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Correct...  

[b]Harold's  --  Saturday @ 4:00pm[/b]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:13:54 AM EDT
[#29]
I've never met any of you guys, would now be an ok time to show up or is this an invite- only kinda thing?

-CK
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:58:14 AM EDT
[#30]
No better time to meet a bunch of great guys and gals, then at an occasion such as this...

Consider this an OPEN INVITATION!
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 8:45:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I've never met any of you guys, would now be an ok time to show up or is this an invite- only kinda thing?

-CK
View Quote

if you don't show up, i'll be disappointed.  i'm always eager to meet new people, especially shooters!
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 8:57:50 AM EDT
[#32]

-CK
View Quote

if you don't show up, i'll be disappointed. i'm always eager to meet new people, especially shooters!
View Quote

lol

You'll know who ARLady is, the instant you meet her.  She'll be the chick keeping her fiance from stepping out of line, when she's not busy picking on me for something I probably didn't do... YET!

She and I have a very special "LOVE/HATE" relationship, where she just loves to hate me! [:D]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 9:24:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
She and I have a very special "LOVE/HATE" relationship, where she just loves to hate me! [:D]
View Quote

Everyone loves to hate you, Tim.  You're so hatable. [:D]  I'll make sure to bring pliers in case you get within 100 yards of a cholla.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 5:54:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I work on Saturday, but I should be off by 4:00.
I'll try to make it.
View Quote

You better dude [;)]

Now, who can we recruit to give our southern (Mesa/Tempe/chandler) folks proper directions to the north (Cave Creek) ???

I could try , but not very good at it [:E]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:46:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Now, who can we recruit to give our southern (Mesa/Tempe/chandler) folks proper directions to the north (Cave Creek) ???

I could try , but not very good at it [:E]
View Quote

I'll give it a shot.

From the (South) East Valley:

However you get to the Loop 101, take it North until it dumps you onto Pima. Continue taking Pima all the way Cave Creek Road. Turn West (left) onto Cave Creek and take that to just West of School House Road. Harold's is on the South side of the road.

From the West Side:

Take the other Loop 101 North until it turns East, then continue on East to Cave Creek. Get off at Cave Creek, turn North, and take that all the way to Harold's. If you think you've gone too far, you probably haven't.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 3:37:28 AM EDT
[#36]
^ BTT ^
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 3:59:50 PM EDT
[#37]
^one^more^time
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 4:36:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

no, no, no.  i don't love to hate you.  i hate to love you.  [:)]

can't wait to see you.  i'll be there to pick you up friday.  at the sidewalk.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 9:37:39 PM EDT
[#39]
tim, you'll be landing at terminal 4.  i'll pick you up on the SOUTH SIDE sidewalk rather than the north side.  less traffic, less construction, and easier to get to.

i'm IMing you just to make sure you get this.  send me an email to confirm receipt.

thanks,
jenn
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 10:36:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Just got to the thread...

Quoted:
tim, you'll be landing at terminal 4.  i'll pick you up on the SOUTH SIDE sidewalk rather than the north side.
View Quote

I was going to comment on the previous notes about Terminals 2 and 3 (both of which are still operational)...hehe.  Yup...Terminal 4 is the one for Continental and also the one that's a big mess from construction.

[img]http://www.lpconnect.com/pb2/skyharbor.jpg[/img]

Anti...sorry I won't make the gathering this time. Enjoy!

And remember the new airport security modeled after another American security system for our schools where we basically discontinued all the security check points, got rid of any armed officers and then put these nifty signs out front of the airport...

[img]http://www.lpconnect.com/pb2/schoolzone.jpg[/img][img]http://www.lpconnect.com/pb2/airportzone.jpg[/img]

[b]Last!  You aren't allowed to bring fire on the aircraft!  No matter what TreeTop tells you![/b]
[img]http://www.lpconnect.com/pb2/nofire.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 7:27:52 AM EDT
[#41]
I'll have my  "silver/turquois/pink"  backpack, so look for me!
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 9:28:25 AM EDT
[#42]
I just realized that I gave directions to Crazy Ed's instead of Harold's.

Ooops.

The directions from the West side are still correct, except that you have to go even further on Cave Creek.

The directions from the East side are close, but incorrect. Do not go all the way to Schoolhouse Road. It is just west of Tom Darlington (Scottsdale).

See map below. The address is 6875 E Cave Creek Rd, Cave Creek.

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1721265&a=13415479&p=57336907[/img]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#43]
What's pathetic is that for a Damn Yankee, I know the directions to Harold's better than any of you guys!  [:D]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 7:10:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What's pathetic is that for a Damn Yankee, I know the directions to Harold's better than any of you guys!  [:D]
View Quote

The only directions we needed was the Road to The World Series...So much for The Damn Yankees!!![:D]

Link Posted: 12/13/2001 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Just found this thread ... would love to meet all you guys that I haven't already met and meet the ones again that I already have! I'm working Saturday but will try to escape!

Either way have a great time...
Take care & Merry Christmas!

John  
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 7:44:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Just found this thread ... would love to meet all you guys that I haven't already met and meet the ones again that I already have! I'm working Saturday but will try to escape!

Either way have a great time...
Take care & Merry Christmas!

John  
View Quote

Well it's about time you noticed this thread...Try to show up Saturday...OK ??? [:)]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 7:46:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 5:42:40 AM EDT
[#48]
^^
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 12:32:18 PM EDT
[#49]

Just one last bump, because this is getting under way in the next 1 1/2 hours!
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 12:48:45 PM EDT
[#50]
The 1st round of Guinness is on Tim [8D]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top