Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2001 9:44:36 AM EDT
Are they still hard to find or can I just walk into a store and get one?  I suppose they will be scarce until after the holidays.  What do you all think?
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 9:46:51 AM EDT
[#1]
They seem to be selling out, but there is a steady supply, I recomend prepaying or preordering one and waiting.  Make some phone calls.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 10:20:05 AM EDT
[#2]
The stores around me seem to have quite a few of them.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 11:25:52 AM EDT
[#3]
The Xbox seem to be in high demand and only sporadically available here in the Puget Sound area. It's definitely hit or miss, usually miss. I've been calling around for a few days and finally found some at Best Buy. They wouldn't hold one for me, even with a credit card, and I was told it was first come, first serve. So I got there as quick as I could, only to find that while the customer service rep had told that they had them for sale, in fact they were still sitting on the shipping dock, had not yet been processed into the store, and wouldn't be available until at least the following day. When I spoke with the manager about my displeasure at my time being wasted after having been told that they did indeed have the Xbox available, they agreed to get one out and sell it to me. They also got me a second controller and the DVD playback kit, which are kind of tough to find around here, too. Even though they covertly brought this stuff up to the counter for me to buy so as not to attract attention from other customers, several others did notice it and I heard them asking each other if it was an Xbox. Must be a popular item, huh? [;)]

Anywho, that was my Xbox buying adventure yesterday. Now to get Halo and hopefully MX 2002. At least the games are widely available and easily found. [:)]

I think the Xbox will remain somewhat scarce through the holidays. At least it's nowhere near as bad as PlaStation2 was last year. I still can't believe schmucks were paying over twice what they cost just to have one under the tree for little Johnny. My kids would have gotten raincheck. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, it sounds like I'll just have to hope I'm lucky.  I'm not in a big hurry though.  Today I celebrate 2 decades of my existence, so with that and Christmas coming up I think I can justify buying myself a gift [;)]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I just received an e-mail from KBtoys.com saying that they have Xboxes and accessories available and ready to ship. Limit one per household. If you can't find locally, you might give them a try. I've done online business with them before and had good experiences.

Good luck!

Greg
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep, kbtoys.com has them in stock.  The only problem is you have to order them in a bundle.  Still if you like the games then have at it.  Amazon/Toy's R Us still lists them as out of stock, as do most other retailers.  I won't be getting one until after New Years.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:53:15 PM EDT
[#7]
They had them for a while here at walmart, I picked up one for the little brother...  Halo rocks!
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:59:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I checked out kbtoys.com but they don't have any bundles that include halo, and that's the only game out right now that I'm really interested in.  It looks like there will be quite a few good games coming out in the next few months though.

Quoted:
They had them for a while here at walmart, I picked up one for the little brother...  Halo rocks!
View Quote

Hey, what are you doing playing it if it's for your bro? [;)]

One of my roommates bought an xbox as a christmas present for his cousin...but couldn't withstand the temptation.  He boxed it up today though, I think he's going to send it away.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I was just at the bloomington bestbuy yesturday and they must of had 50-60 of them stacked up!
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 1:20:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was just at the bloomington bestbuy yesturday and they must of had 50-60 of them stacked up!
View Quote

How many of them are left [i]today[/i]? [;)]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 2:45:09 PM EDT
[#11]
the thing im having trouble finding is gamecube almost every place i go to had at least some x boxs but no gamecubes or if they have a game cube its party of some BS bundle
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 2:47:15 PM EDT
[#12]
They are still everywhere here...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top