Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2001 7:14:41 AM EDT
Anyone from Assualt Web missing?
c-rock

WASHINGTON -- A man picked up by Secret Service officials outside a White House gate this morning carried a foot-long knife and had a cache of loaded weapons in his pickup truck parked nearby.

Secret Service spokesman Jim Mackin described the man, who was still being questioned at midmorning, as white, approximately 26 years old and with no prior record on file with the Secret Service.

Uniformed officers at the White House's southwest gate for staff noticed the man "acting suspiciously and inappropriately" just outside the gate at around 7 a.m. EST, Mackin said. They approached the man, patted him down and found the knife.

"The president was never under threat and continued his day without interruption," White House press secretary Ari Fleischer said.

The man then volunteered that he had more weapons, directing officers to his parked truck opposite the Treasury Department on the far side of the White House complex. Officers found an SKS assault rifle in plain view on the front seat, Mackin said. Also in the truck, which had Idaho plates registered to the man, were a rifle with scope, a handgun, a Kevlar helmet and a bulletproof vest.

At least two of the weapons were loaded, Mackin said. Officials shut down the street for nearly two hours while they checked other suspicious items in the vehicle.

Weapons and other charges are pending against the man, based on the results of his interview, but have not yet been filed, Mackin said.
http://chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/sns-whitehouse-armed.story?coll=chi%2Dnews%2Dhed
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:19:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:22:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Ever wonder if some of this crap isn't staged by the anti's to fuel their cause?  It just seems that every time things calm down just a little on the gun control front, some bozo pulls some crap like this.  He sounds more like someone who would be stalking Clinton than Bush.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:22:12 AM EDT
[#3]
THAT'S JUST GREAT!!

Another moron has to make all of us Idahoans look bad.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:29:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't worry, it wasn't me.  I'm still here across from the White House.  Still have my pocket knife but left all my guns at home. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 8:00:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Good ol' SKS assault rifle.  The fact that the other rifle had a scope meant he was planning to assasinate the pres. for sure.  I'm surprised they didn't say "scoped sniper rifle".  This sounds fake, what idiot is gonna say " Oh, that's just my knife, all my real guns are over here in the truck.  Come have a look Mr. Secret Service man."
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 8:11:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Good ol' SKS assault rifle.  The fact that the other rifle had a scope meant he was planning to assasinate the pres. for sure.  I'm surprised they didn't say "scoped sniper rifle".  This sounds fake, what idiot is gonna say " Oh, that's just my knife, all my real guns are over here in the truck.  Come have a look Mr. Secret Service man."
View Quote
SKS doesn't even fit their screwed up defintion of 'assault rifle'.  You are right, Cypher.  That's why I posted earlier wondering if this was not some BS staged by the anti's to stir things up.  Maybe they think they can get Bush on their side if they show that he was being stalked by a 'crazed gun nut'.  Before anyone asks, yes there are people who would be willing to go to jail for their cause, even anti's.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 8:15:37 AM EDT
[#7]
what exactly did he do wrong or illegal? it didn't say he was trying to gain entry. I'm "outside" a whitehouse gate and I'm in tulsa.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 8:29:05 AM EDT
[#8]
No guns allowed in DC.  Knifes are iffy if you are near a US govt facility.

Link Posted: 12/6/2001 5:38:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
SKS doesn't even fit their screwed up defintion of 'assault rifle'.  You are right, Cypher.  That's why I posted earlier wondering if this was not some BS staged by the anti's to stir things up.  Maybe they think they can get Bush on their side if they show that he was being stalked by a 'crazed gun nut'.  Before anyone asks, yes there are people who would be willing to go to jail for their cause, even anti's.
View Quote

Agreed.

Those rat bastards probably hired that Patrick Purdy Piece Of Shit too!  Look at the damage he did!  Definitely a good trade on their part.  Those sick bastard child killers!  
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 5:39:09 PM EDT
[#10]
This idiot should have learned.  NEVER VOLUNTEER INFO!!!!
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 5:39:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This idiot should have learned.  NEVER VOLUNTEER INFO!!!!
View Quote

But I guess the anti's trained him well.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 5:45:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I was just looking to see if it was Carl Rowan.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top